Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    So this is the full combat usable list for engineering. What is it that Your tinker class can do that Engineering doesn't. I excluded crafting items and guns and googles.
    Use more than one attack every five minutes.

Your argument is illogical, you might as well say that since alchemists can heal with a potion, healers are completely unnecessary.

Being able to throw one bomb, or shoot one rocket every 2-30 minutes, is completely different than an AoE barrage of rockets similar to Blizzard or Volley. And entirely different from a class that can constantly throw out bombs and rockets at enemies.

Invisibility potion != Having the Stealth ability
    Haste potion != Heroism
    Jumper Cables != Having Ressurection
    30 minute cooldown Mind control cap != Dominate Mind

You're being silly. Having an item or two (Because, c'mon, there's no point in listing so many items when 80% share a long cooldown) is nothing like having an entire spell set based on bombs and rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    What's YOUR rotation and theoretical dps WITHOUT those listed items?
    Well my Ele Shaman isn't an Engineer. Her rotation is largely based around Lava Burst procs, keeping totems up, etc. I haven't simmed her in awhile, but I think it's 55k? I've neglected her compared to my hunters.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    But that is the point, and the answer to your question you posed to me earlier; What can a Tinker class do that the Engineering profession can't do?

A Tinker class could heal, DPS, and possibly Tank. You can't do any of that with those engineering abilities.
    I find it funny you spend so much effort trying to convince people your bad idea is what Blizzard wants, when in your Signature you have a couple of good Ideas which are much more likely.

Your idea on the Ranger and Demon Hunter are highly likely but will be open to all races besides Pandas. (just because they limited Gobos and Worgan from Monks), the bard and necromancer ideas could work as well, but the odds lean towards Ranger and Demon hunter. As of yet you can not even answer the biggest question I asked.

WHY the fuck would blizzard make a Class based on the two least popular races?
    So until you can explain how the tinker will draw players (1.3 to 3.7 million)I doubt you will see the class become a reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol its just someone using bartender and putting all the icons on the bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

So until you can explain how the tinker will draw players (1.3 to 3.7 million)I doubt you will see the class become a reality.
    Because it's an interesting an unique class that would fit nicely with the current lack of physical ranged DPS.

Also are you really using the original tinker race setup as an argument?

Monks didn't even have a race pre-Mists.
    The closest thing was probably runemaster, which was connected to dwarf (which is the least popular alliance race, by the way, not gnome) and Tauren, which was the least popular Horde race until they got paladins and Goblins were added.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-05-14 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I'm sorry, I just don't see it. I can't tank with my Engineering profession, but I can easily see a tanking tinker option.

Aren't Demon Hunters exclusively Night Elves? Why would blizzard make a class based on one race with middling popularity?
    Actually in BC Blood Elves were the Majority of Demon Hunters, and They are by far the most popular Horde race, Humans and Night Elves are the most popular Alliance Races. My arguement however is not that I think Demon hunters are the next Hero Class, My arguement is they are more likely to do Demon Hunter than Tinker. At least if he was arguing for Goblin Alchemist that would be more valid since they really are only representented by NPCs in game. Only I doubt they'll have a class that rides on the back of a

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Aren't Demon Hunters exclusively Night Elves? Why would blizzard make a class based on one race with middling popularity?
    Not quite, it's been said somewhere what any race can become a Demon Hunter however only the Elves (Night and Blood specifically) have ever been shown to be Demon Hunters.

"The tradition of the demon hunter arises from night elf history, and almost all demon hunters are night elves. A few blood elves make the pledge as well, seeking revenge for the destruction of their home. Other races can become demon hunters, but such individuals are unheard of. Any member of another race who is willing to make the sacrifices necessary to join the fight against the demonic invaders must find a night elf or blood elf demon hunter to assist him in the initiation ceremonies.[2]"

So from that, I'd say it's possible that they'd allow any race to be a Demon Hunter, though I'd personally limit their use to any race that can currently be a Warlock. At least then you'd have some backstory for each Race's reason to take up the call.

Actually in BC Blood Elves were the Majority of Demon Hunters, and They are by far the most popular Horde race, Humans and Night Elves are the most popular Alliance Races
    The reason for that though, was that Kael'thas gave Illidan a bunch of troops to train to become Demon Hunters. He brought 4 Night Elf Demon Hunters with him, 1 of which defected, more parted ways as he doesn't seek to fight Illidan's forces only the Legion's, to seek our aid against the Legion. He trained 5 Blood Elves, 2 Survived, 1 went insane and 1 became the "Leader" of the Demon Hunters outside of the Black Temple. In reality, Night Elves make up the majority of the Demon Hunters with Blood Elves starting provide a number of representatives.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-05-14 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Because it's an interesting an unique class that would fit nicely with the current lack of physical ranged DPS.
    I agree it would be different, as a hard core Gnome player i would love some Gnome love. But the reality is Gnomes and Goblins are joke races and get very little respect from the community and from Blizzard. So the point still stands,

WHY would Blizzard who is loosing subscriptions put something in the game for the smallest group of players?

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny you spend so much effort trying to convince people your bad idea is what Blizzard wants, when in your Signature you have a couple of good Ideas which are much more likely.

Your idea on the Ranger and Demon Hunter are highly likely but will be open to all races besides Pandas. (just because they limited Gobos and Worgan from Monks), the bard and necromancer ideas could work as well, but the odds lean towards Ranger and Demon hunter. As of yet you can not even answer the biggest question I asked.
    The odds are against a Ranger because of the ridiculous amount of overlap with the Hunter class. If Blizzard drops the pet requirement for Marksmanship, then the Ranger serves no purpose. You also have to properly distinguish between three specs, and again make sure that they don't overlap with Hunters and even Rogues. A tall order, and not worth the time IMO. Even in my thread people still thought the class idea was too much like Hunters. This was with a Dark Ranger spec, and a Warden spec tossed in.

Demon Hunters have numerous implementation problems. People tend to ignore those problems because they love the class. However, those problems are pretty huge, and glaring. Not only are the abilities wholly owned by another class, but the very name causes implementation issues because it can be confused with Hunters. Let it go, it isn't happening.

The Tinker will draw players because no other class is like it, and because technology classes ARE popular in fantasy MMOs. However, your argument that a class needs to bring in the lost WoW subscribers to be considered a possibility is a joke. It isn't lack of classes that has caused WoW's subscription base to erode, its the fact that WoW is almost 10 years old.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-05-14 at 11:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I think what I'm more curious about is the fact that everyone appears to have 4 specs.
    That's actually one of the things that proves this is fake.

No way 4th spec will happen, with homogenization having been going on since TBC, they already clearly have very little room to find a niche even for the existing 3 specs, not to mention balancing them. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Super fake.

I agree it would be different, as a hard core Gnome player i would love some Gnome love. But the reality is Gnomes and Goblins are joke races and get very little respect from the community and from Blizzard. So the point still stands,

WHY would Blizzard who is loosing subscriptions put something in the game for the smallest group of players?
    You seem to be under the assumption that the class would be limited to only gnomes and goblins.
    If pandaren can teach all races (sans Cata) how to be monks, I'm pretty sure goblins and gnomes could teach other races how to be tinkers.

So now you're talking about a class for any, or most races (Can't really imagine a tauren or night elf tinker) which has unique feel and a solid niche.

The Tinker will draw players because no other class is like it, and because technology classes ARE popular in fantasy MMOs. However, your argument that a class needs to bring in the lost WoW subscribers to be considered a possibility is a joke. It isn't lack of classes that has caused WoW's subscription base to erode, its the fact that WoW is almost 10 years old.
    I just wanted to point out, I'm not saying anything about Tinkers in general just that I'm not sure it being different will mean more people will play it. You could say the same before Monks. Brewmasters for example - evasion tanks, work differently from other tanks/classes. And monks, from the last time I remember, aren't very well played, like they are the lowest representation in raids I think. Just thought new/different doesn't mean popular.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.

This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6660776?page=1 Topic has now been deleted from us.battle.net

Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.
    I love that whoever made this stole my Necrotic icon for DKs. Also, if this was real, why wouldn't the new specs have new icons? All of these icons are already in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The odds are against a Ranger because of the ridiculous amount of overlap with the Hunter class. If Blizzard drops the pet requirement for Marksmanship, then you have pretty much the entire purpose of the Ranger class wiped out in a single stroke. You also have to properly distinguish between three specs, and again make sure that they don't overlap with Hunters and even Rogues. A tall order, and not worth the time IMO. Even in my thread people still thought the class idea was too much like Hunters. This was with a Dark Ranger spec, and a Warden spec tossed in.

Demon Hunters have numerous implementation problems. People tend to ignore those problems because they love the class. However, those problems are pretty huge, and glaring. Not only are the abilities wholly owned by another class, but the very name causes implementation issues because it can be confused with Hunters. Let it go, it isn't happening.

I agree doing a 4th ranger Spec on hunter would go along way to solving many problems with the hunter class. But this doesn't mean the Demon Hunter play style is in game, they are a Melee caster this has not been done, the Monk almost was a melee caster but they changed their minds 1/2 way into beta, with the glyph a warlock with the right build can approximate a tank, but no one in any raid will take a Warlock to fill the off tank role. Warlocks are treated as back of the bus casters with a pet. I know because I play Warlock Gnomes, and goblin DKs. Would i play a tinker Hellz Yah, I would want it. But I know Blizzard fairly well after playing their games since 1995. (after I returned from living in Europe running Raves.)

So do i like the idea yah, are they going to do it? No unless activision was taken over by the league of steam.

You have to face facts they are more likely going to add 4th specs, and Demon Hunter and change hunters to Rangers than make a Tinker class.

p.s. I do like the bard idea sadly this is WOW and they will add a heavy metal Demon Hunter before a bard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poochy View Post
    I just wanted to point out, I'm not saying anything about Tinkers in general just that I'm not sure it being different will mean more people will play it. You could say the same before Monks. Brewmasters for example - evasion tanks, work differently from other tanks/classes. And monks, from the last time I remember, aren't very well played, like they are the lowest representation in raids I think. Just thought new/different doesn't mean popular.
    Well, Monks encountered a lot of problems when they were implemented. None of it had to do with how they played. Most people who play Monks love it, but the nature of MoP made their representation limited. The two main issues were that they weren't OP, so most people had no inclination to dump their mains and level an alt. The other being that gearing alts sucked in MoP so only the most dedicated leveled their alts to max level.

In future expansions, I fully expect the Monk population to blossom. It has a great foundation, and it plays wonderfully. Its also a tri-spec hybrid along with Druids and Paladins, the two most popular classes in the game.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-05-14 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There´s never gonna be a 4th spec for all classes. Never. Mark my words.
    If i get a penny for every post i saw saying they will never introduce pandas in WoW...

Anyway, i think its a fake, but its cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    You seem to be under the assumption that the class would be limited to only gnomes and goblins.
    If pandaren can teach all races (sans Cata) how to be monks, I'm pretty sure goblins and gnomes could teach other races how to be tinkers.

So now you're talking about a class for any, or most races (Can't really imagine a tauren or night elf tinker) which has unique feel and a solid niche.
    Not assuming the class would be limited to anything but Pandas, I am saying a class based on the lore of Goblins and Gnomes, which is only represented by Gnome and Goblin NPCs would not be my first guess as to what Blizzard a for profit company would choose.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be cool if a tinkerer class was added. I'd totally resub to try it out. The first spec could have something to do with chemicals, maybe DoT oriented caster, the other could be like a lazor caster resembling like arcane mages or something, and it would be cool if the third was like repair oriented and would work like a healing spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Never say never. I'm sure we all know of things that "will never happen" in WoW, and they did.
    It would add whole lot new balance issues, the chances of it happening are minute.
    -K