Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well, Monks encountered a lot of problems when they were implemented. None of it had to do with how they played. Most people who play Monks love it, but the nature of MoP made their representation limited. The two main issues were that they weren't OP, so most people had no inclination to dump their mains and level an alt. The other being that gearing alts sucked in MoP so only the most dedicated leveled their alts to max level.

In future expansions, I fully expect the Monk population to blossom. It has a great foundation, and it plays wonderfully. Its also a tri-spec hybrid along with Druids and Paladins, the two most popular classes in the game.

With this I will agree with you,I had to level my Monk Alt because I wanted a Gnome monk Alt.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...essor/advanced

He is just an Alt and not much more since I have my warlock and DK to worry about.

I should point out I have to level my alts to max to feel complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's debatable, most companies would do this the same way. "Leak" an image on the forums and few people see it and spread word, then a CM deletes said post, bringing suspicion into the equation, causing hype.

I believe ( my opinion only, of course ) that Blizzard set this up, as many do, to get the hype train rolling for the coming months.

May as well call it here, Tinker (?) and 4 specs incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    It would add whole lot new balance issues, the chances of it happening are minute.
    The same was aid about Death Knights AND Monks. Both still happened. PvP is often pushed aside for PvE to have new shiny things. Quite rightly, even though it pains me to say it as a PvPer, as WoW is a PvE-based MMORPG.

Warrior: Dragon Roar icon? Not a clue
    Mage: Has that Warlock Blood-thingy icon.. Blood Mage?
    Rogue: Not a clue
    Hunter: Sub? Wat?
    Shaman: Earth Shock... I'd just assume tank since they can do the rest already.
    Priest: Some sort of Shadow-Frost thing?
    Warlock: It's gonna be demon tanking
    Pally: Shockadin, same as Shaman not much else for it.
    DK: Caster/Healer?
    Monk: Caster?
    Tinker(?): Not a clue.
    Guess games are fun, no matter if this is a true leak or not:

Warrior: Dragonslayer? Dragoner? Dragonwarrior?
    Mage: Blood Mage! This would make mages interesting again.
    Rogue: Not a clue either.
    Hunter: Demonhunter?
    Shaman: Earthschaman maybe indeed a tank spec?
    Priest: Shadowfrostthingie would be cool.
    Warlock: Demon tank seems popular.
    Pally: Crusader?
    DK: If i would only knew.....its my main. Shadow dk? Hopefully its necromancy i miss it a lot in this game as a spec.
    Monk: no friggin idea.
    Tinker(?): tinkerstuff.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-05-15 at 12:07 AM.

for the last time tinkerer is already in the game its called the Engineering Profession!
    seriously tinkerer wont happen engineers feel ignored enough as is, and images are easily faked....
    4th specs could happen but tell me, what could you give rogues, mages, hunters, or locks that would feel different enough.
    Also druids, if everyone else gets a 4th spec they ether get a 5th and make other whine, or don't get anything and they whine
    my final thought:
    much ado about nothing, move along, nothing to see, these aren't the droids your looking for.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    It's debatable, most companies would do this the same way. "Leak" an image on the forums and few people see it and spread word, then a CM deletes said post, bringing suspicion into the equation, causing hype.

I believe ( my opinion only, of course ) that Blizzard set this up, as many do, to get the hype train rolling for the coming months.

umm they delete trolling false info too you know... derp

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Yes, yes a million times yes.

Warrior: Trogdor spec, first you are a man, then you are a dragon man!
    Mage: Blood Mage with all the powers of blood....like Blood Bolt and a spell where you throw a bolt made out of blood and at your enemies...and Blood Beam where you fire a beam made of blood at your enemies.
    Rogue: Spider web spec that makes you more spider like, defining ability would be Trail of Cobwebs that mildly irritate your enemies dust allergies.
    Druid: Extra Bear spec spec! If you liked Feral you ain't seen nothing yet!
    Hunter: Dark Ranger spec, makes you look like Sylvannas Windrunner at the cost of all your abilities, faction leaders are meant to stay at home dummy.
    Shaman: Shock spec! Behold the days of perpetual Frost Shock kiting have returned, the Mastery increases Ghost Wolf speed.
    Priest: Blue...thingy.....spec? Your Priest will now worship the phenomena known as the Blue Man Group, powers are more or less the same only your secular now.
    Warlock: Double Demonology spec....with armor! We heard you like Demons so we put Demons on your Demons so you can Demon whilst you Demon?
    Death Knight: Purple...ness spec! All spell effects will now be purple. <-----Can't wait for this one, the one thing my DK lacks is enough purple.
    Monk: Tornado spec. The only reason people play a Monk is Spinning Crane Kick right? Well you know where this one is going.
    Tinker: Oil spec, Arcanist, Fel-Engineering and Explosives.
    LOL this
    Tornado Monk

1. I'm guessing DK's 4th spec is the "Death Spec" since it's purple like the Death Runes.

2. The icons are probably placeholders.

3. And the issue of balance, who cares? The game has been broken for years and the devs have little idea how to fix things.

4. I was thinking that this image would be likely fake, but with the topic deleted, I'm starting to think otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post

This is my assumption as well. Keep in mind, this will be WoW's 10th anniversary.

Go big or go home.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    With this I will agree with you,I had to level my Monk Alt because I wanted a Gnome monk Alt.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...essor/advanced

He is just an Alt and not much more since I have my warlock and DK to worry about.

I should point out I have to level my alts to max to feel complete.
    I'm glad we agree on something for a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    This is my assumption as well. Keep in mind, this will be WoW's 10th anniversary.

Go big or go home.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:22 AM ----------

I'm glad we agree on something for a change.

Hey I agree on a lot of you ideas, just not your conclusions.

Also the Monk's 4th Spec should be "Chi-Ji"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    It would add whole lot new balance issues, the chances of it happening are minute.
    I can just imagine the buttloads of re-subscripers if WoW's next expansion had new vanilla race models, 4th specs for each class, and the Tinker class.

11 million subs in fall 2014.

Deleted
    I haven't checked through the thread at all, but has anyone checked if those new icons already exist? If they do, it's fake. If they don't, it's a good fake or it's real.

I think I've seen those icons before, but with another color.

I can just imagine the buttloads of re-subscripers if WoW's next expansion had new vanilla race models, 4th specs for each class, and the Tinker class.

11 million subs in fall 2014.
    And in-game seasons, class quests, and a set of vanilla/BC servers.
    Go big or go home.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I haven't checked through the thread at all, but has anyone checked if those new icons already exist? If they do, it's fake. If they don't, it's a good fake or it's real.

I think I've seen those icons before, but with another color.
    Again, icon reuse means nothing, they always reuse icons while developing new spells and then switch to new icons parway through development when the art team finishes them, and then usually switch them again before the final version.

There's no point in doing full icon artwork for that sort of thing when the entire theme of a spec could end up changing in a couple weeks.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fake but interesting none the less.

Warrior: Dragoon, range DPS warrior
    Mage: Blood mage, probably a healing spec
    Warlock: Demon Hunter, probably a tank spec
    Shaman: Earth Warder, probably a tank spec
    Rogue: Don't know what it would be called, but it would likely be a tank spec
    Paladin: Templar, another DPS spec but with a one handed weapon and a shield
    Death Knight: Necromancer, probably a range DPS spec
    Monk: Don't know what it would be called, but probably a range DPS spec (caster or physical)
    Priest: No idea, but it would probably be a melee DPS spec

New icon being tinker.

I know this is fake but the premise would certainly make the game more exciting.

It's not outside the possibility of something like this happening honestly. I don't think they could add a whole lot to the existing specializations as to imbalance the game even more, but I'd much prefer existing classes get a new specialization rather than a new class/race.

Adding more options would finally end the range/melee debate in raids these days. If every class had at least a tanking, healing, melee DPS, or ranged DPS option there likely wouldn't be much noise.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Well my Ele Shaman isn't an Engineer. Her rotation is largely based around Lava Burst procs, keeping totems up, etc. I haven't simmed her in awhile, but I think it's 55k? I've neglected her compared to my hunters.
    As an tinker you tard, don't act as if you didn't know what i meant. Smartass

Please don't insult other users.
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-05-15 at 01:56 AM.

Deleted
    4th Will NEVER happen. It would make them have to recruit 50% more people to work in game design department, to balance both PvP and PvE.
    Don't forget WoW is all going downhill from there. People are unhappy with PvE and even more are with PvP, most of them are leaving or taking a break until the hopeless changes come.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    And in-game seasons, class quests, and a set of vanilla/BC servers.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:34 AM ----------

Again, icon reuse means nothing, they always reuse icons while developing new spells and then switch to new icons parway through development when the art team finishes them, and then usually switch them again before the final version.

There's no point in doing full icon artwork for that sort of thing when the entire theme of a spec could end up changing in a couple weeks.
    How early were DK and Monk icons revealed? Not saying you're wrong, but I can't really remember. I do agree that they could very well be placeholders, but I remain sceptical.

Doesn't everyone at Blizzard have an email that is made for work? It seems weird that this guy "accidentally" got sent this picture, unless he has an email of something like "john.smith@blizzard.com." I could be wrong in this, and they don't use some kind of work email, or this developer just didn't use it. But if I am wrong, why him? Why would a WoW player, one out of some million, get it? If they spelled wrong on the email adress, wouldn't it be a bigger chance of some random person/inactive account would get it? I'm not good at articulating, but I hope you know what I mean.

Anyway, I really like the new speccs for each class. It's fun to think about what they could be (if this is legit). The one that seems obvious to me is Bloodmage.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    How early were DK and Monk icons revealed? Not saying you're wrong, but I can't really remember. I do agree that they could very well be placeholders, but I remain sceptical.

Doesn't everyone at Blizzard have an email that is made for work? It seems weird that this guy "accidentally" got sent this picture, unless he has an email of something like "john.smith@blizzard.com." I could be wrong in this, and they don't use some kind of work email, or this developer just didn't use it. But if I am wrong, why him? Why would a WoW player, one out of some million, get it? If they spelled wrong on the email adress, wouldn't it be a bigger chance of some random person/inactive account would get it? I'm not good at articulating, but I hope you know what I mean.

Anyway, I really like the new speccs for each class. It's fun to think about what they could be (if this is legit). The one that seems obvious to me is Bloodmage.
    Oh trust me, I'm by no means saying that this whole thing is real. The chances of a random person getting an email like this are just, well, absurd. But as other people have pointed out, it could have been a deliberate leak by Blizzard, or someone making a stupid mistake (Goblin/Worgen halloween masks). Frankly, I still find it very unlikely that this is real, at least with what we know right now.

My point was just that the icons being reused is not evidence that this is or is not fake. Because Icons are very low priority.

Hell, the reason the druid travel form icon has always been a hoof is that the cheetah form was a placeholder for a stag form that they just never got around to (until Mists). But in the ~seven years that druids had a cheetah form, they never bothered to switch out the icon for something more appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    As an engineer you tard, don't act as if you didn't know what i meant. Smartass

Please don't insult other users.
    I'm pretty sure his point was that you can't DPS with those engineering abilities. They're pretty worthless.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 01:04 AM ----------

Oh trust me, I'm by no means saying that this whole thing is real. The chances of a random person getting an email like this are just, well, absurd. But as other people have pointed out, it could have been a deliberate leak by Blizzard, or someone making a stupid mistake (Goblin/Worgen halloween masks). Frankly, I still find it very unlikely that this is real, at least with what we know right now.

My point was just that the icons being reused is not evidence that this is or is not fake. Because Icons are very low priority.

Hell, the reason the druid travel form icon has always been a hoof is that the cheetah form was a placeholder for a stag form that they just never got around to (until Mists). But in the ~seven years that druids had a cheetah form, they never bothered to switch out the icon for something more appropriate.
    I'm leaning towards deliberate leak.

What better way to get people to stop talking about the sub losses than put out a leak for the next expansion?

Deleted

I don't think it's good evidence, but I wouldn't say it's completely ignorable. We don't know how early on they make the icons for new classes.

While it's true about druid's travel form, I don't think it's a good example to prove your point. Cheetah form came after the hoof icon, which shows that they made the icon before the stag form itself. In one way it is actually against your point, because it shows that icons are made early on in the development.