Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I don't think it's good evidence, but I wouldn't say it's completely ignorable. We don't know how early on they make the icons for new classes.

While it's true about druid's travel form, I don't think it's a good example to prove your point. Cheetah form came after the hoof icon, which shows that they made the icon before the stag form itself. In one way it is actually against your point, because it shows that icons are made early on in the development.
    His point is actually spot-on, it shows how important Blizzard regards icons.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm pretty sure his point was that you can't DPS with those engineering abilities. They're pretty worthless.[COLOR="red"]
    And my point was to dare him, and you, and whoever thinks tinkers would make sense, to make a rotation for each of their spec WITHOUT any of their abilities having any sort of resemblance to an engineering one, while still being able to call the result TINKER.

Looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post

And my point was to dare him, and you, and whoever thinks tinkers would make sense, to make a rotation for each of their spec WITHOUT any of their abilities having any sort of resemblance to an engineering one, while still being able to call the result TINKER.

Looking forward to it.
    That's going to be pretty tough since you consider this

15 point skill bonus to Engineering
    and this

Improves other Tinker abilities with each level learned:
    Cluster Rockets - Larger Area.
    Pocket Factory - Builds Clockwerk Goblins more quickly.
    Robo-Goblin - Increases armor and Strength; enhances Demolish.
    Also gives bonus damage and increases the Tinker's movement speed.
    To be similar abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's demon expansion with Tinker as new class and Demon HUnter spec for warlock I guess it's time for me to sell my account and move on to other pastures... so yeah I hope this is fake...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    If it's demon expansion with Tinker as new class and Demon HUnter spec for warlock I guess it's time for me to sell my account and move on to other pastures... so yeah I hope this is fake...
    You may want to sell your account, because there's a very strong possibility of both happening.

You may want to sell your account, because there's a very strong possibility of both happening.
    According to who exactly?. this patchy piece of "leaked" information.

Possibility, yes, anything is possible. Its also "possible" that a clown class will make its way into the game, slapping mobs with inflatable balloons, my point is anyone could have fabricated this sketchy information. We (including me) only WANT to buy into it because its a dream scenario, a new spec for each class etc...

But is it ever a possiblity strong possibility, not until actual evidence presents itself from Blizzard, or an announcement has made. i think its safe to say this is all tin foil hat shinanigans. Fun too speculate though

There is almost no chance of either happening. How gullible are you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    There is almost no chance of either happening. How gullible are you?
    If you have done anything with Wratharion this expansion you will know we are under eminent threat of the burning legion invading again. So yeah, a very good chance of that happening.

That's going to be pretty tough since you consider this

and this

To be similar abilities.
    Take your best shot or just shut it with your Tinkers. If you think so strongly that they are doable, at least show some ideas that don't involve two professions.

Edit: Actually, never mind. I looked at your Tinker ideas from your sig, and it basically sums up to 3 specs, one that screams engineering, one that screams alchemy, and one that looks like a dual-wield hunter.

So basically a hunter with engineering and alchemy. Meh.
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-05-15 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by miekkagoon View Post
    Do you rly know what is story behind pandaren?
    They were a joke which was given to W3 from crying of fan base

i answer whit cold simplicity

NEVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Blightarrow View Post
    wow will die before we get panderen. I can't explain how many people will try and name their toon with variations of kungfoopanda. NO THANK YOU, we dont need another "cute and cuddely" race, you have taurens and worgens, make due you nuch of greedy people.

There are a million of these posts here. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz gets its idea from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Take your best shot or just shut it with your Tinkers. If you think so strongly that they are doable, at least show some ideas that don't involve two professions.

Edit: Actually, never mind. I looked at your Tinker ideas from your sig, and it basically sums up to 3 specs, one that screams engineering, one that screams alchemy, and one that looks like a dual-wield hunter.

So basically a hunter with engineering and alchemy. Meh.
    So because you don't like the idea, it can never work in WoW? Huh.

Professions are no limitation for Classes. They're not the same thing, nowhere close. In the case of Engineering, it is the profession that offers unique enchantments and trinkets with effects. There are also bombs and stuff you can use in combat, but those can be used by any class for a DPS boost and do not encroach upon any given class ability. Herbalism has a nature-based healing ability, does this make Druids any less of a healer?

I don't care much for a Tinker class personally, but saying professions is the reason to not have a class is a fairly loose argument.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-05-15 at 09:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to know why the icon for Boomkin is wrong on that chart.

Also, the Warrior dragon icon thing reminds me of the Berserker guy from Torchlight 2. Dunno why.

Edit: It's not a barbarian, silly Auxis. It's a Berserker.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-05-15 at 09:19 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Maybe the 4th spec would be the PvP spec and it would be the only PvP spec available to each class. Each having some healing (some a bit more than others) but generally being dps. Putting it closer to GW2 style of playing.

Then they'd have 11 specs to balance instead of... 33?

*sigh* And he still continues on INSISTING that Tinker is the most likely new class? I'd hold back on saying that until we have a shred of evidence that supports such a thing, especially since the only thing we've seen in World of Warcraft lore (not Warcraft Lore Directly, the WoW stuff seems to focus on it's own route) regarding any type of technology relates to the Engineering Profession, not a class. We still aren't 100% sure what the next expansion's theme will be: only thing I've seen in game the even possibly hints are the Legendary Quests from Wrathion, hinting at the return of the Burning Legion, which could very well be the one after the next one. If that is the next expansion we get a class in, thematically it makes more sense for something related to demons or hunting demons, not tinkers.

Look, I understand what it's like to have a strong belief, but you have to start thinking more like a developer. The Tinker class is not as in demand as you say. The highest demand new class is Demon Hunter, and has been for YEARS. Granted, Monk wasn't up there either, but Pandarens were, and the only class that would make sense in a Pandaren expansion would be their iconic class, much like the Lich King and Death Knights.

One more thing to kind of disarm the concept of Tinker: Name an Iconic Character who was a Tinker. Have they shown up in WoW yet? If they did, what influence would they have in the expansion? This is important, because if there isn't an iconic character for it, Blizzard will have a very hard time getting it to hook into the storyline.

Doesn't anyone get it. There will never ever ever ever be a class called DEMON HUNTER. The devs have stated time and time again they won't use a class name that already contains the name of another class. Aka Demon Hunter, aka Arch Druid. Their reasoning was fairly simple. Even if it wasn't the case they said it would make the people of the other class feel less "cool" or "less powerful" as the aforementioned classes. Whine and pine all you want. It will never happen.

DK icons

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.

This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6660776?page=1 Topic has now been deleted from us.battle.net

Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.
    If I would have to check for authenticity of a 'source' from Blizzard, I would firef check if something is new (probably many people can photoshop but that aside). There ie afaik one new icon, and thats the pink DK icon. If you lok closely, all old DK icons are unique (not only by color); different foreheads and different stuff around the head. The pink one is simply a recolor of the red one though. I'd say Blizzard would't do that. I say this is fake.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would certainly be a really good idea to introduce a 4th spec to each class, it would give all or most classes new roles to fill and give the game something fresh for everyone. This could be the reason they were "Testing" Tri spec on the PTR

But its just specualation/rumours until we get the official word from Blizzard, it would certainly bring alot of players back to the game I think.

If this is real I really hope that 4th hunter spec is a ranger spec, where you fight without a pet, I've always wanted a ranger spec, that 4th Warlock spec looks interesting aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Driizzt View Post
    Doesn't anyone get it. There will never ever ever ever be a class called DEMON HUNTER. The devs have stated time and time again they won't use a class name that already contains the name of another class. Aka Demon Hunter, aka Arch Druid. Their reasoning was fairly simple. Even if it wasn't the case they said it would make the people of the other class feel less "cool" or "less powerful" as the aforementioned classes. Whine and pine all you want. It will never happen.
    any source with this statement of your or are we just supposed to say whatever we want without any proof whatsoever ? There are plenty of things blizz said they wouild never do only to go and do it later anyway so even if they did say that it still means very little...

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will laugh my ass off if this is actually real. November 8th-9th, guys.

So the original thread has been deleted. How interesting.

If you want to go back through the history of completely fake "leaks" that turned out to be true completely:

I would love to see a Demon Hunter (rename it Ranger or Warden if need be) class in the next expansion.... along with a Burning Legion / Sargeras theme.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2013-05-15 at 11:30 AM.