Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    A tinker class?
    I heard you are funny. Tell me a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Gonna keep ignoring the Engineering thing, are you? You've been told, in MULTIPLE threads, what Engineering abilities exist within what YOU have posted for proposed Tinker Skills. I'm done on that subject, because you ignore anything that you don't agree with.
    I ignored nothing. The examples posted from engineering were nothing like Tinker abilities.

Death Knights actually do appear designed as a cross between Warlocks and Warriors: A Plate Wearing melee focused class using a building resource system (Runic Power similar to Rage) while also relying on using multiple DoTs (Diseases similar to Curses/other DoTs that were a major focus for Warlocks), and the occasional support of a pet (Ghoul similar to Warlock Pet), with a cooldown Super Pet Summon (Army of the Dead similar to Infernal/Doomguard).

Now, your reply to the comment that DKS=Warrior+Warlock was a different THEME, not mechanic. Your argument for Demon Hunters not being in was they were too close MECHANIC-wise to existing classes, which I just showed Blizzard doesn't seem to have too big a problem with. Ball's in your court, try to keep on track.
    That's quite a stretch. First off DKs primary resource is runes. Through utilizing Runes, they generate Runic power. Runic power is a secondary resource, the primary resource are Runes. So no, the DK system is nothing like the Warriors rage system. Yeah Runic power degrades over time, but when it degrades, DKs still have Runes to perform special abilities. It's not the same thing.

DoTs=Warlocks is a pretty dumb argument. I suppose you think that Shadow Priests are the Warlock 4th spec?

Surely a past history of "pandaren expansion is a ridiculous idea" doesn't help to dismiss the possibility that something like that is really in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Surely a past history of "pandaren expansion is a ridiculous idea" doesn't help to dismiss the possibility that something like that is really in the works.
    again/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i like how anyone can compare a race... to new specs... seriously? oh something the art team has to work on once and when there finished almost never have to work on again compared to something that will ALWAYS cause problems with balance.

4th/5th specs is like adding 3+ classes WITHOUT the added benefit of being expansions apart because if they add 4th specs they better release them all at once or prepare for the massive shit storm that will be caused when "WHY THE HELL THAT CLASS GET A NEW SPEC MY CLASS DESERVES NEW SPEC FIRST" not to mention all the extra work from the art team to make all those new spell effects, they also would have to addin tri spec because god forbid little timmy have to respec and find out he doesnt like it.

comparing what is essentially a vanity addon to something that severely effects gameplay and balancing is not something someone who even has a hint of what it takes to make these things thinks
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Fake or not (probably fake), a tank spec for my rogue would be my favorite thing ever. I imagine they're not going to have FOUR damage specs for pure classes, so giving a utility spec to each would be a cool way to spice things up.

Also, the new class looks like some sort of technomancer. I'm not sure what this implies about the next expansion... something completely new? Nothing like this really exists in the current lore. Maybe Gnomeragon, but that wouldn't make a whole xpac.

As much as I want this to be real it seems fake, mainly because of the reason of "this was accidentally emailed to me by Blizzard." From my memory all the other leaks from previous expansion similar to these supposed spec/class icons came from foreign WoW Armories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You may want to sell your account, because there's a very strong possibility of both happening.
    I do think it is a strong possibility that they will do 4 specs per class, to match Druids. I am sure the Demon hunting Gylph is a test of Warlock players with an eye towards a Caster Tank Spec for Warlocks. As a Warlock Player I would love this. However it doesn't mean they are not thinking about what the last class to add to WOW will be, odds are it will be Mail Wearing, possibly pure DPS. if so Demon Hunter, Tinker, Alchemist, Ranger could all be in the running. Due to lore issues if Warlocks get the Tanking Spec it will not be called Demon Hunter, and Warlocks may loose Metamorphosis as a result, since the Tank spec would be a petless Shapeshift spec much like the Druid Bear tank.

There have been several Abilities which use to be core for each class that have been removed to make way for other classes and abilities.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post

There are a million of these posts here. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz gets its idea from here.

Pandas, and Monks and the whole of MOP, are a badly executed attempt by Blizzard to appeal to the Asian Gaming market, it has failed since most of the lost subscriptions are actually in the Chinese and Asian markets.

The only way I can see the "Tinker" is if blizzard thinks the appeal of Steam Punk is higher than Fantasy. And yes WOW is essentially a Steam Punk World, but they have two classic Steam punk Races and everyone else is a Mix of Classic Fantasy tropes. Right now all the classes reflect the pure fantasy origins of the game. They could decide to make Goblins and Gnomes more important to lore and push a Steam Punk Class, but the biggest draw back is the Steampunk Races are the least popular races, and the Steampunk Community is like the old Gothic subculture small at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I do think it is a strong possibility that they will do 4 specs per class, to match Druids. I am sure the Demon hunting Gylph is a test of Warlock players with an eye towards a Caster Tank Spec for Warlocks. As a Warlock Player I would love this. However it doesn't mean they are not thinking about what the last class to add to WOW will be, odds are it will be Mail Wearing, possibly pure DPS. if so Demon Hunter, Tinker, Alchemist, Ranger could all be in the running. Due to lore issues if Warlocks get the Tanking Spec it will not be called Demon Hunter, and Warlocks may loose Metamorphosis as a result, since the Tank spec would be a petless Shapeshift spec much like the Druid Bear tank.

There have been several Abilities which use to be core for each class that have been removed to make way for other classes and abilities.
    LoL! They're never going to remove Metamorphosis from Warlocks. They have had the ability since WotLK. Also Blizzard's goal is to make Warlocks more popular. Introducing a Demon Hunter class and butchering the Warlock class in the process would retard that goal.

Also the vast majority of WoW players never played WC3, nor care about Demon Hunters. So the DHs popularity among hard core fans mean little in the grand scheme of things.

I almost want blizzard's next class to be a complete curveball. So this whole tinker vs demon hunter debate ends. Something noone saw coming. Like a sapper or something. Your dps is solely based on blowing yourself up and seeing how fast you can run back to the fight and repeat the process.
    Side node: Teriz: After playing warcraft 3 nonstop through finals week, and not losing a game with the tinker, i wouldnt be completely opposed to the class. As long as i could drop factorys EVERYWHERE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Side node: Teriz: After playing warcraft 3 nonstop through finals week, and not losing a game with the tinker, i wouldnt be completely opposed to the class. As long as i could drop factorys EVERYWHERE.
    Of course you wouldn't, the tinker is a fun hero to play as with some really great abilities.

Its part of the reason I highly support it as the next class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    LoL! They're never going to remove Metamorphosis from Warlocks. They have had the ability since WotLK. Also Blizzard's goal is to make Warlocks more popular. Introducing a Demon Hunter class and butchering the Warlock class in the process would retard that goal.

Also the vast majority of WoW players never played WC3, nor care about Demon Hunters. So the DHs popularity among hard core fans mean little in the grand scheme of things.
    They have removed a ton of spells from Warlocks over the years, even class defining spells. Ever heard of a Drain Tank? It was a vanilla build for Warlocks. Every ability associated with that was removed. Seed of Corruption another mainstay gone, this is just Warlocks, every class had many core abilities removed. I use to tank Unholy with my old Gnome DK back in Wrath. it was a good AOE tanking spec. Now Unholy is just a DPS spec. I can go on and on with examples of classes being completely changed to match new content coming in. Spell get removed spells get added. That is not a reason for Blizzard not to do something.

It is highly possible they Remake Hunters into rangers with only one spec being a pet spec. It is possible to make Warlocks into a Cloth Tank, it is possible to make unholy into a true necromancer. So our discussion has little chance of effecting what Blizzard does, because they can do what they want with their product, and they will do what they feel is more likely to be profitable.

Your stance on Tinker is borderline pure obsession when any idea here could be right or so far from the truth that it is silly.

All imma say is, that if this is real, It would be PERFECT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    They have removed a ton of spells from Warlocks over the years, even class defining spells. Ever heard of a Drain Tank? It was a vanilla build for Warlocks. Every ability associated with that was removed. Seed of Corruption another mainstay gone, this is just Warlocks, every class had many core abilities removed. I use to tank Unholy with my old Gnome DK back in Wrath. it was a good AOE tanking spec. Now Unholy is just a DPS spec. I can go on and on with examples of classes being completely changed to match new content coming in. Spell get removed spells get added. That is not a reason for Blizzard not to do something.
    Um, Seed of Corruption is still in the game, and Drain Life was converted into Harvest Life. DK tanking was codified into a single spec for balance purposes.

NONE of that was to make way for another class to enter the game.

It is highly possible they Remake Hunters into rangers with only one spec being a pet spec. It is possible to make Warlocks into a Cloth Tank, it is possible to make unholy into a true necromancer. So our discussion has little chance of effecting what Blizzard does, because they can do what they want with their product, and they will do what they feel is more likely to be profitable.
    I agree. However, everything Blizzard does is fairly logical and based on the game's long term health. Which is why you didn't see Demon Hunters in the Burning Crusade, the perfect expansion to release them in. Blizzard doesn't bring something in just because they think it will be popular. They bring things in that is for the greater good of the game.

Your stance on Tinker is borderline pure obsession when any idea here could be right or so far from the truth that it is silly.
    Perhaps, but unlike some, I support my arguments with logic and common sense.

I ignored nothing. The examples posted from engineering were nothing like Tinker abilities.

That's quite a stretch. First off DKs primary resource is runes. Through utilizing Runes, they generate Runic power. Runic power is a secondary resource, the primary resource are Runes. So no, the DK system is nothing like the Warriors rage system. Yeah Runic power degrades over time, but when it degrades, DKs still have Runes to perform special abilities. It's not the same thing.

DoTs=Warlocks is a pretty dumb argument. I suppose you think that Shadow Priests are the Warlock 4th spec?
    Funny, did I ever say that the DK's PRIMARY resource was Runic Power? No, I just said that it was a Resource they use. Don't insert your own words to change the meaning of mine. Second, While other classes use DoTs, none of them have had a spec that focuses as hard on them as Afflcition did back in the days of BC and Wrath, when the Death Knight was designed and introduced. I stand by my point, that people suggesting that a DK feels like a cross between Warrior and Warlock is fairly astute. Where is your reasoning why a Demon Hunter can't exist mechanic wise? Because it would be similar to other ones? Hmm, seems like you don't win that argument.

Also, love how you still haven't come up with an Iconic Tinker character we'd have as an NPC. Gonna ignore that one too?

LoL! They're never going to remove Metamorphosis from Warlocks. They have had the ability since WotLK.
    Paladin Auras would like to speak to you.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-05-16 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Why not? Seals were removed from Paladins, Curses removed, Priest Racials removed, Druid spells removed and much much more. Spells get changed around many times over. Look at all the Talent-based abilities that were removed in with the MoP Talent changes. Even metamorphosis now doesn't work like how it was first introduced in Wrath. The current mechanic is completely based on the Guild Wars 2 Necromancer's Death Shroud.
    Seals are still in the game. Curses are still in the game. Priest racials were removed because of balance reasons. Druid spells were removed to reduce bloat.

The point is, Blizzard doesn't remove abilities to make way for new classes. New classes tend to be original enough that they don't require that to happen.

I don't think they would remove it, but it doesn't mean the possibility is not there.
    Metamorphosis is a key aspect of Demonology. There's little to no chance of that being undone to make way for a Demon Hunter class. I mean seriously, think how crazy that sounds. Also think about how ticked off Warlock players would be.

You do realize that four specs and a new class would be like introducing five new classes to the game?

There are currently eleven classes, so with each class getting an extra spec that would be eleven new specs, plus a new class with four specs would bump that total to fifteen new specs.

Yeah, that will never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Funny, did I ever say that the DK's PRIMARY resource was Runic Power? No, I just said that it was a Resource they use. Don't insert your own words to change the meaning of mine.

No, you said that DKs had a similar resource to Warriors which is nosense. their main resource is Runes. Runic power is what the Runes generate. Like how mana produces Holy power, or how Energy produces Chi. Runic power is a secondary resource.

Second, While other classes use DoTs, none of them have had a spec that focuses as hard on them as Afflcition did back in the days of BC and Wrath, when the Death Knight was designed and introduced.
    You never heard of Shadow Priests?

I stand by my point, that people suggesting that a DK feels like a cross between Warrior and Warlock is fairly astute. Where is your reasoning why a Demon Hunter can't exist mechanic wise? Because it would be similar to other ones? Hmm, seems like you don't win that argument.
    There's nothing "astute" about it. It's a dumb comparison made by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Remind me of when and where I said that DHs couldn't mechanically exist in WoW.

Also, love how you still haven't come up with an Iconic Tinker character we'd have as an NPC. Gonna ignore that one too?
    Geblin Mekkatorque.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-05-16 at 01:18 AM.

It doesn't matter how ticked off Warlock players would be. They ticked off Priests taking away racials, they ticked off Paladins taking away Auras. Player opinions on legacy abilities isn't a strong factor to use for gameplay, it's simply an excuse.

The Metamorphosis mechanic currently in place is simply there to provide a fresh spin to Demonology, which would have otherwise been the a lesser Destruction rotation with pets. They used metamorphosis because it implies Demon Hunters are not coming into the game anytime soon. Things do change over time though, and if Demonology changes its gameplay again to no longer depend on the Metamorphosis mechanic, then it will be thrown into obscurity just like all the other old spells that have been changed over time. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about making room for Demon Hunters, I'm specifically talking about changing rotations and spell priorities simply to make room for new mechanics. There is no rule that says Warlocks need Metamorphosis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It doesn't matter how ticked off Warlock players would be. They ticked off Priests taking away racials, they ticked off Paladins taking away Auras. Player opinions on legacy abilities isn't a strong factor to use for gameplay, it's simply an excuse.
    There's a big difference between taking an ability away for balance purposes, and taking away an ability and giving it to another class. You do understand that right?