Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Um, Seed of Corruption is still in the game, and Drain Life was converted into Harvest Life.
    No and No.

Seed of Currption it also had a crit chance of causing it to summon a Hostile Dreadlord. Which they removed. It did massive AOE damage and could be targeted to multiple targets. They nerfed it so it is just a upgraded Curse. They also removed All the curses from the game, and put them mechanics into two spells, I had 5 curses I could Use back in Vanilla. Drain Life, is gone, also gone Drain mana, they gave affliction a Drain spell that is a pale reflection of drain life. Pets could be Controlled by the player, I could move them independently I could Target one mob while my pet was on another. Best way to run AQ. Hell I had to tank AQ back in the day. So I can assure you nothing of the classic warlock is in the current post MOP Warlock. I loved the off chance of a random Demon charging me and trying to kill me. I loved being able to Spell Tank. All of these things are gone. The Glyph of 'Demon hunting' is a bone given to Old School Warlock players after they gutted the class.

Of Course I was upset when Priests got Shadow. But that is something from a long time ago.

There's a big difference between taking an ability away for balance purposes, and taking away an ability and giving it to another class. You do understand that right?
    You mean like Death Coil? Oh snap.

Going around in circles, but yeah. Essentially *if* a DH class comes in and Meta was a requirement, it's just as easy for them to phase out Metamorphosis as a spell and mechanic, create a new system for Warlocks . Then when DH come in, bring back the spell name for a completely new transformation ability. It's the exact same thing as Death Coil. It's not *giving* Demon Hunters the spell, it's giving them a new spell with an old name.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-05-16 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You mean like Death Coil? Oh snap.
    Death Coil wasn't removed. It got a name change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    There's a big difference between taking an ability away for balance purposes, and taking away an ability and giving it to another class. You do understand that right?
    You mean like Death Coil? granted they have slowly removed it from Warlocks, to the point that only Affliction Locks have a use for it. It will be a DK only spell next major change.

Also there are a bunch of spells that have been removed not for balance issues but because the core gameplay was changed. Tree Form Healers in BC, they played a lot different than today, and looked very different. Shamen use to be a tanking class in vanilla, granted a piss poor one because Blizzard could not find the right balance.

Anything is possible you have to face facts and realize you will not cause Blizzard to do anything. Granted i do enjoy these talks because it shows me a good reason not to obese on an idea.

Death Coil wasn't removed. It got a name change.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77647/fel-infused

"Fel Infusion". Is it really that hard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    You mean like Death Coil? granted they have slowly removed it from Warlocks, to the point that only Affliction Locks have a use for it. It will be a DK only spell next major change.
    Again, Death Coil wasn't removed, and ALL warlocks can use it. It's in the level 30 talent tier, and its called Mortal Coil.

Do you people even play this game?

Also there are a bunch of spells that have been removed not for balance issues but because the core gameplay was changed. Tree Form Healers in BC, they played a lot different than today, and looked very different. Shamen use to be a tanking class in vanilla, granted a piss poor one because Blizzard could not find the right balance.
    Okay, but that isn't removing a talent or ability to clear the way for a new class.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 01:51 AM ----------

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77647/fel-infused

"Fel Infusion". Is it really that hard?
    Lovely. But you do understand that the Warlock version of Death Coil wasn't even remotely similar to the DK version right?

And you understand the Demon Hunter version of Metamorphosis is not remotely similar to the Warlock's? For all we know, the DH Transformation could be a resource-fueled ability that enhances all his current ablities instead of giving him new ones.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-05-16 at 01:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You do realize that four specs and a new class would be like introducing five new classes to the game?

There are currently eleven classes, so with each class getting an extra spec that would be eleven new specs, plus a new class with four specs would bump that total to fifteen new specs.

Yeah, that will never happen.
    WRONG SIR. Druids already have 4th spec, and I doubt they'd give them 5th spec, so that's 10 new specs for the existing classes.

I think 4th spec is doable. The reason it takes so much work to make 3 specs for a new class like the DK or Monk is because they have nothing to start with. They're building those classes from the ground up. This is not a problem when tacking on a 4th spec to existing classes.

Also notice that in MoP they were able to make not only a new class, but also a new playable race. I believe this is because of the new talent system. Instead of constructing a giant talent tree for each spec, all three share the same small number of talents. That makes the specs somewhat easier to design. A modern spec is nothing more than an assortment of passives and abilities that enable a class to preform a certain role. I totally think Blizzard could make 10 of those for existing classes.

However, I agree that creating all 10 specs PLUS a totally new class with 4 specs might be asking a bit much, but I think we'll see one or the other. Blizzard needs to do something awesome to bring back players. Lets just say if the headline for the next expansion reads "two new races!" and nothing else I will not be buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you understand the Demon Hunter version of Metamorphosis is not remotely similar to the Warlock's?
    You serious?

Demon Hunter WC3 ability;
    Metamorphosis (Ultimate)
    Transforms the Demon Hunter into a powerful demon with a ranged attack (60 range) and 500 bonus hit points.

Warlock ability;
    Metamorphosis
    Temporarily transform into a demon, increasing damage dealt by 24.00%
    Dark Apotheosis
    You imbue yourself with demonic energies, reducing physical damage taken by 13.85%, reduces magic damage taken by 15%, and allows the use of various demonic abilities.

In addition, Soulshatter becomes Provocation which taunts your target, Twilight Ward becomes Fury Ward which will absorb all schools of damage, Shadow Bolt becomes Demonic Slash, and Fear becomes Sleep.

For all we know, the DH Transformation could be a resource-fueled ability that enhances all his current ablities instead of giving him new ones.
    Um, that's exactly what metamorphosis does for Warlocks.

i hope they make something complete oposite of demon hunter just to show it in everyones face

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised at Blizzard implementing a fourth specialization for the classes to match druids but I feel skeptical given than an additional specialization for each of the classes, aside from Druid, just makes things more difficult for the overall balance. It would be just more work to add new specializations and balance those than just finely tune the existing specializations and classes.

Though if true I would love to see it open up a little more hybridization for the classes. Range for Paladins, healing for rogues, tanking for warlocks. Etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I wish this wasn't fake... It's April Fools all over again =/

I mean DUDE, a guy took my 4th spec ideas and my favorite new-class-concept and put into a picture. haha
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    i hope they make something complete oposite of demon hunter just to show it in everyones face
    paladins are already in the game :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    God I wish this wasn't fake... It's April Fools all over again =/

I mean DUDE, a guy took my 4th spec ideas and my favorite new-class-concept and put into a picture. haha
    ...said 90% of the WoW community.

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    wrong sir. Druids already have 4th spec, and i doubt they'd give them 5th spec, so that's 10 new specs for the existing classes.

I think 4th spec is doable. The reason it takes so much work to make 3 specs for a new class like the dk or monk is because they have nothing to start with. They're building those classes from the ground up. This is not a problem when tacking on a 4th spec to existing classes.

Also notice that in mop they were able to make not only a new class, but also a new playable race. I believe this is because of the new talent system. Instead of constructing a giant talent tree for each spec, all three share the same small number of talents. That makes the specs somewhat easier to design. A modern spec is nothing more than an assortment of passives and abilities that enable a class to preform a certain role. I totally think blizzard could make 10 of those for existing classes.

However, i agree that creating all 10 specs plus a totally new class with 4 specs might be asking a bit much, but i think we'll see one or the other. Blizzard needs to do something awesome to bring back players. Lets just say if the headline for the next expansion reads "two new races!" and nothing else i will not be buying it.
    Omg fourteen instead of fifteen????? Huge difference!!! Omg!!!!

Deleted
    They won't add 4th spec in the near future, thats for sure. Not while some specs need some serious work.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    And you understand the Demon Hunter version of Metamorphosis is not remotely similar to the Warlock's? For all we know, the DH Transformation could be a resource-fueled ability that enhances all his current ablities instead of giving him new ones.
    They both turn you into demons.
    They both turn the caster into big purple demon beings with wings.

And they are both signature moves, hevaily asociated with the class.

The fact that they are Signature class defining moves is what makes the move special.

It is very unlikely Blizzard will dilute it by giving it (or a similar move) to a new class, regardless of their history.
    It is even less likely that Blizzard will remove it from Warlocks, regardless of who had it first.

And since it is seen as a class defining move by many players, that does present a problem that isn't easy for Blizzard to work around unless Warlock are Demon Hunters.

Add in the other factors - the many moves shared by both classes, the overlap in themes, the use of the Word "hunter" in the class name, the various links Blizzard have already out in place between the Warlock and DH...all this adds up.

Blizzard making a standalone DH class isn't impossible. It is unlikely.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Blizzard making a standalone DH class isn't impossible. It is unlikely.

EJL
    That's all I'm saying. Unlikely, but not impossible. I'm making the argument against those who say it is impossible, as in never will happen. I don't think it's impossible because drastic changes have happened before, and can happen again now. Auras were once a Paladin defining attribute. Now Auras are all but gone. No one thinks twice about it because the mechanic has since phased out of necessity, but that's indicative of class-defining concepts being changed for gameplay purposes. In this situation, we have a spec that has a class defining ability for another. Is it unlikely? Yes. Impossible? No.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.

This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6660776?page=1 Topic has now been deleted from us.battle.net

Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.
    Imo they should just stop making any new classes or a 4th spec until they can balance what they already have

Quote Originally Posted by Babywipe View Post
    Imo they should just stop making any new classes or a 4th spec until they can balance what they already have
    Impossible, because with every patch abilities are shifted and with every expansion new spells are added. The balance will always be on a constant flux, which gives more reason to add new classes (or specs) so that all classes would start fresh on equal ground.