Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    the image is fake, the duscussion on 4th spec and even tinker class is not imo. Both are perfectly viable options I'd say. Maybe blizzard finally figured out it is -impossible- to perfectly balance classes wether it is for pve or pvp even with the current line up. And just went "fuck it, we'll just swamp them with specs so they can't figure out exactly how things are unbalanced" .
    For real though, considering it's there anniversary and the way specs currently work it preyy viable imo. And they no longer have to balance an insane amount of talent points. Just skills, talents are available to all specs. Skills are bloated anyway so some could be used to create new specs with some tweaks and supported by new skills.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    the image is fake, the duscussion on 4th spec and even tinker class is not imo. Both are perfectly viable options I'd say. Maybe blizzard finally figured out it is -impossible- to perfectly balance classes wether it is for pve or pvp even with the current line up. And just went "fuck it, we'll just swamp them with specs so they can't figure out exactly how things are unbalanced" .
    But Blizz has never been able to balance the classes, even when they get close to balance, a new expansion is released and the balancing attempts go back to square one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    But Blizz has never been able to balance the classes, even when they get close to balance, a new expansion is released and the balancing attempts go back to square one.
    Exactly, if blizz released all these specs I'm not going to lie balancing will be terrible for the first patch but isn't it always like this for ever expansion? I remember how overpowered DKs were for the first half of wrath I think this was the worst time for wow balance, arms warriors and BM hunters were terribly overpowered at the start of MOP too making for bad balance.

However if 4th specs turn out to be true I have faith in Blizzard that the game will balance out as the expansion progresses. We will have a terrible balanced first expansion patch regardless of what classes specs are released so lets at least go for something that will make the game awesome on the long term scale of things!

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    However if 4th specs turn out to be true I have faith in Blizzard that the game will balance out as the expansion progresses. We will have a terrible balanced first expansion patch regardless of what classes specs are released so lets at least go for something that will make the game awesome on the long term scale of things!
    Yeah, I doubt Ghostcrawler would say "STOP THE EXPANSION RELEASE! I haven't finished balancing the new specs"

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 07:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    As a Gnome Engineer and Summoner of Demons, I am well aware of the many Engineers in the Game. It is true the Warcraft is technically a Steam Punk campaign setting. But when talking about Expansions and what would be contained in them When you think about the Legion. Do you think of:

This

or

This:
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Blizz just makes up new stuff to fit the theme of the xpac all the time.

Deleted
    Yeah, I doubt Ghostcrawler would say "STOP THE EXPANSION RELEASE! I haven't finished balancing the new specs"
    We'd still be in vanilla.

Can I just go out and say that balance is overrated? I just play the class I like the most. Balance be damned

As a Gnome Engineer and Summoner of Demons, I am well aware of the many Engineers in the Game. It is true the Warcraft is technically a Steam Punk campaign setting. But when talking about Expansions and what would be contained in them When you think about the Legion. Do you think of:

This

or

This:
    Neither. But at least the second picture is actually related to Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    This
    brutal legend > everything
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the problem about support roles is: nobody likes it. it's a very small niche.

vanilla had support roles, and it sucked. pally raiding: your role - to keep casting single-man blessings on the whole raid. each blessing lasts 5 minutes and you have 40 party members, so when you finish buffing the last guy, the first one was already running out of buff. sooooo awesome!
    That made me laugh because its so true!

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure it is fake but I love it anyway

Deleted
    If the 4th monk spec icon exists in wow its a fake, if it doesnt its real. The 4th monk spec would have to be something that represents the crane, Chi-Ji, the color of the icon is sort of correct but the icon itself does not look like a crane (the other icons looks like xuen, niuzao and yulon) so it leads me to believe its fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tinker class AND 1 new spec for every class? Complete bullshit. That'd be way too much work for them to do. Maybe if they did another 1 year gap between 5.4 and the new expac, but they've stated that they want to get expacs out faster. I don't see that happening if they have to essentially create 15 new specs (4 of those being from a completely new class).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For people who think a demon themed expansion with Tinker wouldn't work. Doesn't anyone remember the Fel Reaver? The Doomforge Engineer?

It's like I'm talking with people who don't even play WoW.

Tinkerer can work in any expansion where gnomes and goblins appear. Demon Hunter will only work once. Demon Hunter is the most-desired class.

Connect the dots.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Tinkerer can work in any expansion where gnomes and goblins appear. Demon Hunter will only work once. Demon Hunter is the most-desired class.

Connect the dots.
    DK will only work once too? what you mean? wotlk was the last and only expansion so far with undeads as main evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    DK will only work once too? what you mean? wotlk was the last and only expansion so far with undeads as main evil.
    You're statement is a little confusing, what exactly are you trying to say? DKs only work once? Well, that's why they were added in wotlk when we were fighting Arthas.
    Is that what you're trying to say or...? Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You serious?

Demon Hunter WC3 ability;

Warlock ability;

Um, that's exactly what metamorphosis does for Warlocks.
    Wrong, warlocks also gain new abilities when in metamorphosis. But they do get a buff for everything, but not a buff that changes the abilities dramatically.

Support classes, i like them, i liked them in vanilla but then they were taken away. I played a support in Rift for sometime.
    If support classes are made to work well, then they are fun to play.

In vanilla our hybrids had strengths and weaknesses, but the strengths in every area made them whole. Other classes were only good doing one thing in one spec. But hybrids had some strengths from all areas in any of their specs.

I remember the countless paladin pvp videos where half prot half holy paladins own people with 2 hander weapons and sometimes 1h and shield. It worked well enough, they were able to heal up to a point and they did good damage with seals and with good enough weapon.

Shamans had windfury for 2 handers too and fine heals with half resto spec, if they were elemental then healing was even stronger.

Druids had good strengths aswell, bearform for survival and some damage, catform for dps (everyones selfheals werent able to overheal that because barely anyone had selfheals other than other hybrid classes) and they had good healing and overall support. There are plenty of druid videos too from vanilla where all these strengths are seen utilized to beat other classes.

Bringing powerful selfheals for everyone destroyed the possibility in having support classes or specs like back in the day. Their low damage would not be able to hit thro second wind for example. And they arent supposed to be able to hit as hard as pure specs and classes.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Poochy View Post
    You're statement is a little confusing, what exactly are you trying to say? DKs only work once? Well, that's why they were added in wotlk when we were fighting Arthas.
    Is that what you're trying to say or...? Confused.
    What did the other guy say before me? he said the same thing about demon hunters i think, so i asked him the same question about DKs.

While I hope a fourth spec would be made I have to use logic here and day it's not possible. PVP is already a problem at the moment adding 11 new specs to balance would destroy PVP and blizzard would not do that.

As far as another class goes, that is easily doable. I would have to lean towards demon hunter bc diablo. Don't say they aren't related bc monks appeared in both almost simultaneously. But I would prefer a different class besides another hunter. I guess demon hunter could go melee.

Hopefully we will hear something at blizzcon, maybe something about Titan as well

Deleted
    Blood mage?

Vladimir you're drunk, go back to LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    What did the other guy say before me? he said the same thing about demon hunters i think, so i asked him the same question about DKs.
    Oh, k. But, are you trying to argue against or with him? Cause what you said about DKs seems to support what he's saying instead of arguing against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have high hopes for a Tinker, but you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of fourth specs for everyone. It would be the perfect way to complement new character models, and really breathe some new life into what will then be a nigh on ten-year-old game.

I think fourth specs are very realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I left my monk because chi management may be worse than combo point management on a rogue. Monks need more non-chi damage options.
    Compared to what DK's were at launch... Monks are significantly more balanced.

If you're not a fan of the playstyle, that's an entirely different issue. Though I do somewhat agree that WW need another chi-less-button to hit that isn't Jab and T30.

The point is that they're significantly more competent at implementing new classes since WLK.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 11:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    If the 4th monk spec icon exists in wow its a fake, if it doesnt its real. The 4th monk spec would have to be something that represents the crane, Chi-Ji, the color of the icon is sort of correct but the icon itself does not look like a crane (the other icons looks like xuen, niuzao and yulon) so it leads me to believe its fake.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Ability_monk_cranekick.png