Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ...
25
33
34
35
36
37
... LastLast
  1. #681
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Missouri.
    Posts
    131
    Just to throw a metaphorical wrench into the gear here (to potentially cause more speculation and discussion).

    What if the entire build-up with Wrathion and the Legendary questline is for the Prince of the Black Dragonflight to use the power of the Celestials and his Draconic powers to unlock the "hidden potential" of the classes. Introducing a 4th spec for all classes.

    It's a little cliche, but with all that's happening lately with Wrathion and his heavy-heavy-heavy involvement in the actions occurring on Pandaria, it's a possibility that any new specs could be linked to him doing something.

    (The warrior Dragon Roar icon lead me down that path of speculation.. I wonder if anyone else had that thought.)

  2. #682
    Pit Lord Doktor Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK of Earth World & Northern Fat Land
    Posts
    2,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Just to throw a metaphorical wrench into the gear here (to potentially cause more speculation and discussion).

    What if the entire build-up with Wrathion and the Legendary questline is for the Prince of the Black Dragonflight to use the power of the Celestials and his Draconic powers to unlock the "hidden potential" of the classes. Introducing a 4th spec for all classes.

    It's a little cliche, but with all that's happening lately with Wrathion and his heavy-heavy-heavy involvement in the actions occurring on Pandaria, it's a possibility that any new specs could be linked to him doing something.

    (The warrior Dragon Roar icon lead me down that path of speculation.. I wonder if anyone else had that thought.)
    ...unlocked by collecting a 1% drop-rate item from every single dungeon and raid boss currentley in WoW? xD

    I do want attunements back... :P

  3. #683
    If a fourth class role was ever implemented, it might provide buffs or support, but it would be a big change to the game and is very unlikely to happen.

    Taken from new Ghostcrawler interview.

  4. #684
    this is probably a great opportunity blizzard has to bring players back (with next xpac) to the game and see subscriptions to ever increase again. If this is going to happen and all classes get additional spec plus a whole new cool class plus tri-spec system plus new roles to classes available, this will bring back a lot of players. this is huge! Imagine tanking warlocks or shaman, imagine healing DKs...simply awesome! Unfortunately this will never happen, it must be a fake but it's an interesting one.
    Last edited by excelli; 2013-07-30 at 01:26 PM.

  5. #685
    Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post
    If a fourth class role was ever implemented, it might provide buffs or support, but it would be a big change to the game and is very unlikely to happen.

    Taken from new Ghostcrawler interview.
    Notice he said forth role, not forth spec.

  6. #686
    Bloodsail Admiral Orikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,097
    Aye,he said role,which would make more sense if,lets say,this picture isn't fake.

  7. #687
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard said something about implenting 4 specs to each class in the game would be very difficult to balance.And a completely new class on top of that aswell? Probably fake but still pretty cool

  8. #688
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    202
    Let's not have them give classes a fourth spec until they can learn to properly balance the three specs per class we already have.

  9. #689
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,665
    Just to churn all of this up again...

    Has anyone thought about why exactly Blizzard was testing tri-spec? There is no purpose behind tri-spec EXCEPT to add a 4th spec (or role) into the game.

    Additionally, Blizzard never outright denied a 4th spec. They just said it would be too much work, or too tough to balance. However, they've said the same thing about things that eventually popped up in the game in the following expansion.

    Finally, as much as I enjoy talking about, the Tinker class isn't exactly well known to many WoW fans who would just randomly create something. Usually someone like that would create a Dark Ranger or a Demon Hunter class. The Tinker isn't a hugely popular choice for stuff like this, but it is very well known within Blizzard itself. That does add an air of legitimacy IMO.

    Clearly, given the reactions in this thread, if this occurred, people would be VERY excited about the next expansion. Blizzard knows this, which is why I'm not totally convinced that this was completely fake.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-07-31 at 05:09 PM.

  10. #690
    Druids get nothing. lol

  11. #691
    Scarab Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    4,429
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnjitsu View Post
    Druids get nothing. lol
    yeah i know right. this is an outrage!
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week a man robs a gas station with a BOOMERANG? wtf

  12. #692
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,665
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnjitsu View Post
    Druids get nothing. lol
    Druids are fine. They're one of, if not the most popular class in the game, and have been for a long time.

    Which again, adds to my belief that Blizzard may be pushing for 4th spec in the next expansion.

  13. #693
    Most of new specs look like the 4th specs from the fake "Rise of the Legion" expansion. Adding 10 new specs is gonna be a greater balancing issue then adding one new class with 3 specs.

  14. #694
    What is that 4th Dk spec supposed to be? Death Death Knight?

  15. #695
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidde Ottens View Post
    Most of new specs look like the 4th specs from the fake "Rise of the Legion" expansion. Adding 10 new specs is gonna be a greater balancing issue then adding one new class with 3 specs.
    Yet WoW PvP is more balanced now with 34 specs than it was when it had 27 specs in Vanilla.

  16. #696
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the problem about support roles is: nobody likes it. it's a very small niche.

    vanilla had support roles, and it sucked. pally raiding: your role - to keep casting single-man blessings on the whole raid. each blessing lasts 5 minutes and you have 40 party members, so when you finish buffing the last guy, the first one was already running out of buff. sooooo awesome!
    You're assuming they would make the new support roles as boring as the old ones. Take a look at Rift, the support aren't just buffbots.

  17. #697
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yet WoW PvP is more balanced now with 34 specs than it was when it had 27 specs in Vanilla.
    I'm not against the idea of 10 new 4th specs maybe Blizzard will follow the right track now that its bought more of its shares back from Vivendi which originally made Adham quit his job as co-founder due to them taking over the company, and later Activision bought greater percentages of the company. Now that Lardo is back we might see some redemption from WoW from their fiasco expansion which was based on a April fools joke 10 years ago. Thank God they didn't implement pandas back in TBC and instead put Draeni otherwise we'd all be playing warhammer online right now. Even though its more balanced then in classic yes but at what cost? Most of the time healers are invincible, people have around 3-4 CC that they can apply over a short period of time. The amount of skill you required back in the days is gone I mean stance dancing or a Paladin changing Auras needed the player to have some conciousness while doing it. Yes Resilience is part of the solution to making people not 1 shot other people which I support but we have lost so much of the things that made skilled players stand out from regular players Blizz has made the game easier every year that goes.

    I see that you are as passionate as me about implementing a new class next expansion thats why you have the threads about the possible classes and also scarab lord title. I'm thinking how likely will it be that they will pass the idea of a new class in the next expansion?

  18. #698
    Let me guess, it's from a chinese website.

  19. #699
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The odds are against a Ranger because of the ridiculous amount of overlap with the Hunter class. If Blizzard drops the pet requirement for Marksmanship, then the Ranger serves no purpose. You also have to properly distinguish between three specs, and again make sure that they don't overlap with Hunters and even Rogues. A tall order, and not worth the time IMO. Even in my thread people still thought the class idea was too much like Hunters. This was with a Dark Ranger spec, and a Warden spec tossed in.

    Demon Hunters have numerous implementation problems. People tend to ignore those problems because they love the class. However, those problems are pretty huge, and glaring. Not only are the abilities wholly owned by another class, but the very name causes implementation issues because it can be confused with Hunters. Let it go, it isn't happening.



    The Tinker will draw players because no other class is like it, and because technology classes ARE popular in fantasy MMOs. However, your argument that a class needs to bring in the lost WoW subscribers to be considered a possibility is a joke. It isn't lack of classes that has caused WoW's subscription base to erode, its the fact that WoW is almost 10 years old.
    I'd like to touch one the last part of the paragraph. As we know playing new classes is one of the most exhilirating things you can do in a game just the trial and error part of figuring out your class, getting sweet new abilites gives you goals to keep on playing, discovering things that you cannot achieve with other classes all of that is a grand recipe for a load of happiness. Which equals to people subbing. Seriously one of the reasons why WotLK even received the amount of subscribers as it did was more because of the DK and not the content. if not 100% then 99% of the people were rolling DKs. They were originally gonna implent a necro class in vanilla but they scrapped it so this was the closest thing they could get 2 a necro.
    Last edited by Hidde Ottens; 2013-07-31 at 06:44 PM.

  20. #700
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,154
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What is that 4th Dk spec supposed to be? Death Death Knight?
    If i were to guess... Unholy would be split into two classes, a pet class (necromancer) and a Dot class (Unholy)

    Perhaps one of those would use intellect plate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •