Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I've never played rift, but I can't imagine support being interesting.

being a support character is like being a friendzoned guy. the girl (the healer) likes to have you around because you listen to her troubles. the girl's boyfriend (the dps) likes to have you around because you make him look more awesome. the girl's dad (the tank) likes to have you around because you can help keeping her out of trouble. but are you happy being just the friendzoned guy? are you happy being just the class that makes everyone else work better?

personally, I wouldn't. I can't imagine support being an interesting role.
    So it's sorta like being an ingame Eunuch? Really would not be far from it. I just can't understand how bard is interesting too. What the hell do people wanna do with it turn it up to 11 and ear reap people?

Obe Dear and the sky is low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidde Ottens View Post
    I'd like to touch one the last part of the paragraph. As we know playing new classes is one of the most exhilirating things you can do in a game just the trial and error part of figuring out your class, getting sweet new abilites gives you goals to keep on playing, discovering things that you cannot achieve with other classes all of that is a grand recipe for a load of happiness. Which equals to people subbing. Seriously one of the reasons why WotLK even received the amount of subscribers as it did was more because of the DK and not the content. if not 100% then 99% of the people were rolling DKs. They were originally gonna implent a necro class in vanilla but they scrapped it so this was the closest thing they could get 2 a necro.

I'd just like to add that the only reason I'm still playing WoW is because of the Monk class. Also WotLK and MoP are my favorite expansions. I think this is mainly because the new classes brought me closer to the theme of the game itself. However, I never got into DKs the way I got into Monks.

I also wanted to add that Monks are an amazing class. I wouldn't be surprised if they become one of the top classes population wise in a few years.

necromancer DK spec that used intellect plate would be pretty sweet. Sign me up.

It's obviously fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    in a single expansion they could balance two or three classes having a 4th spec, but no all 10 classes having a 4th spec.

it would take multiple expansion to slowly get every class to have 4 specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    necromancer DK spec that used intellect plate would be pretty sweet. Sign me up.
    it would certainly help solve the problem of hacing only one spec in the entire game that uses a particular gear type
    Shockadins would be nice to.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    If i were to guess... Unholy would be split into two classes, a pet class (necromancer) and a Dot class (Unholy)

Perhaps one of those would use intellect plate.
    Or Necrosis. Ranged Caster/Healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What is that 4th Dk spec supposed to be? Death Death Knight?
    I laughed more than I should.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.

This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6660776?page=1 Topic has now been deleted from us.battle.net

Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.
    Aside from the fact that the new class and 4th spec icons are just random icons which are already being used for something, Blizzard has a hard enough time making the 3 specs of some classes viable/interesting as it is. A 4th spec is just begging for more problems than they're worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Aside from the fact that the new class and 4th spec icons are just random icons which are already being used for something, Blizzard has a hard enough time making the 3 specs of some classes viable/interesting as it is. A 4th spec is just begging for more problems than they're worth.
    The benefits outweigh the problems though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    All those icons seem pretty much things we've all seen before so I don't understand why people believe 4th specs are coming.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

return to argus confirmed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    All those icons seem pretty much things we've all seen before so I don't understand why people believe 4th specs are coming.
    Because of the random testing of tri-spec, and because some classes (like Warlocks) have 4th specs built in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    As has been stated a dozen times in the thread, icons are one of the alst things to be added, you go to a PTR or a beta and some new spells/abilities use icons already used on other skills ( from mobs for example).

The tinker class I would believe because to me it is the next logical "evolution" in classes but adding a fourth spec to all the classes (except druids)made me LOL. They can't even balance classes with 3 specs adding another one would be a nightmare for them. Unless of course the 4th spec would be strictly PvP only and the current specs would be strictly PvE (I guess I can only dream of separating PVP and PVE)

Fake, fake, fake, can you say photoshop.com?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL; how awful actually. Monk get new icons, while this supposed Tinker class get re-used, yea right. Go off a fork!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    A tinker class?
    With Alchemy, Electronics and Rockets it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    The tinker class I would believe because to me it is the next logical "evolution" in classes but adding a fourth spec to all the classes (except druids)made me LOL. They can't even balance classes with 3 specs adding another one would be a nightmare for them. Unless of course the 4th spec would be strictly PvP only and the current specs would be strictly PvE (I guess I can only dream of separating PVP and PVE)
    Its feasible that Blizzard may have considered 4th specs earlier in the development of the next expansion, and simply decided to refocus on the existing specs.

If that is the case, the only thing that makes sense for the main feature of the next expansion is a new class, since I highly doubt Blizzard is going to introduce new races in the game when they've done so for the last 2 expansions in a row. Additionally, 2 new races would either overshadow, or be overhsadowed by the Vanilla race remodels, making them pretty pointless.

Deleted
    I think this possibility of 4th specs would gain a higher chance of coming true if the specs were filling roles that the originl 3 specs didnt fill lets say hunter would either get a healing or tanking 4th spec. Its just a theory but it would be a way of modernizing their mmo making every class in the game being able to heal or tank depending on the 4th spec. Like its seen in ESO. This would greatly reduce queue times for all sort of activities ranging from battlegrounds to scenarios. As much of as I would love to see Blizz announcing a new hero class or a regular one for that matter it seems unlikely or maybe its just me. Don't forget that blizz is going up against real competition this time a new decade new opportunities and were so many of them have failed to challenge WoW from the mmo throne I think ESO will finally slay the dragon in its den. Titan has been moved to a 2016 revealing/release something like that because of the reboot so blizz has pretty much to rely on the three muskeeters to keep the company alive. That is why I think this expansion that most likely be revealed at Blizzcon will blow our socks away no one will expect it typical Blizz.

Edit: How come the icon for Enhancement Shaman is the old one and not the new one that looks like a red Stormstrike icon?
    Last edited by mmocabe97de67e; 2013-07-31 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    It's just fake... what is that raptor spec for the warrior supposed to be?