Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is fake since the DK new icon is just a recolor of blood icon while all other of those icons actually are different from each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    "very unlikely to happen" - seems you ignored that part completely, perhaps not wanting to accept it.
    Blizzard discussed elsewhere that they did not like the model where a class was brought for the purpose of a buff, mentioning Shaman and some other class (maybe druid ?) as specific examples.
    Seems like many things who are very unlikely to happen, ends up happening, especially with Blizzard.

I'd be okay with a 4th spec. Lets shake things up a bit, eh? Though, I highly doubt this is actually real... too soon for another class, imo. Especially if they add a 4th role.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinia View Post
    It is fake since the DK new icon is just a recolor of blood icon while all other of those icons actually are different from each other.
    To be fair, all of the other current DK spec icons are the same symbol in a different color, so it fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jk47 View Post
    Even though it's fake it would make perfect sense.

People have been screaming for a shadow hunter class (think Vol'jin) ever since DK's were introduced. Why create a whole new class for that purpose when they have a perfect class recipient for a shadow hunter spec. Shaman were given threat increasing abilities (Earthbiter and I think earth shock) and the enhancement spec had a few avoidance + armor increasing talents in vanilla so a shaman based tank makes perfect sense.

Shockadins had a brief stint of popularity as did panzerkins during Kara (although the fake image shows a feral tanking spec as the 4th).

It'll give every class a breath of fresh air, give some players what they've been craving for some time (shadow hunters and additional niche rolls for their class), and is so much easier to pull off in comparison to designing a new class from the ground up. Perhaps not though due to the amount of balancing would be required for 11 new specs.

Adding tanking and healing specs to DPS classes would, despite blizzards constant fear of homogenizing everything too much, give them another roll to fill rather than having to level an alt. People already cry about not having enough time for the dailies so surely this will dry their eyes (if they're a DPS class) by saving more of their precious time if they get bored of simply DPSing.
    My thoughts exactly. As to what, if legitimate, the 4th specs are, most of them seem fairly obvious.

Warrior - Dragoon with possible interaction or quest line with dragon flights to unlock this spec. I'm surprised more people didn't come to this conclusion.
    Mage - Blood mage
    Rogue - Bard maybe?
    Druid - Current
    Hunter - Dark ranger or Demon Hunter placeholder
    Shaman - Stoneguard/Earth Elemental Tanking Spec
    Priest - Holy Absolution or Elune/Moon Themed
    Warlock - Demon Metamorphosis Tanking
    Paladin - Templar
    Death Knight - Necromancy
    Monk - Ranged DPS
    Tinker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Paladin - Judicator (Paladin Dual Wield Spec)
    I would totally dig this.

Just give me a paladin with 2 1handers and I'll be so happy.

Deleted
    Most of those icons would make sense though in regard to the spec they represent. The idea behind it is really great and maybe even somewhat plausible, but the design time and balancing needed makes the chances of this actually being implemented really, really slim.

I'd love to be a Dragon Warrior or a Dark Ranger (hunter), heck I'd even pick up tanking on my shaman if I could. The idea of having a completely new path to explore and learn in each of the classes you've played over the past 8 years is just thrilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Antak View Post
    Seems like many things who are very unlikely to happen, ends up happening, especially with Blizzard.
    They already moved away from a point where we had that exact model, in the form of a Shaman with Bloodlust.
    This is not just a change, but a reversion of what is now a huge part of the model around which buffs are planned.
    Bring the player, not the class.

A buff class would need to bring a buff which is unique, otherwise what would be the point of it.
    And with uniqueness comes the same situation we had then, a class potentially becoming mandatory because of a single button they can press.
    For the most part such unique buffs or skills are now brought by multiple classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    To be fair, all of the other current DK spec icons are the same symbol in a different color, so it fits perfectly.
    They are not exactly the same though, look a bit closer.
    The one we mention was exactly the same icon with no difference aside from a recolour.
    The blizzard default icons do vary in more than just colour, if not by a huge amount but enough to still be different.
    A symbol on their foreheads, the effect around the border of the skull, the nose and eye flames on unholy.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-08-01 at 07:52 AM.

Deleted
    The one we mention was exactly the same icon with no difference aside from a recolour.
    The blizzard default icons do vary in more than just colour, if not by a huge amount but enough to still be different.
    A symbol on their foreheads, the effect around the border of the skull, the nose and eye flames on unholy.
    Ah you're right, didn't see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Icons being older/rehashed icons isn't a big deal. In early stages, most icons are just placeholders.

Like I said before, the Tinker class being suggested adds an air of legitimacy to this image. NO ONE is talking about a technology based class. Almost everyone is saying its going to be Demon Hunts or some type of Bard.

This is what I did mean Blizzard would not had a recolor of bloods icon they would had used a placeholder untill the real icon was done.

I cannot tell you how much I hope this is true. As soon as they announced the 4 specs for Druids before MOP I thought " next expansion we won't get a new class but 4 specs for all classes" and it would be amazing. Finally no outdated "pure" classes anymore. More fun for existing classes, something new to do without having to re-roll (and maybe having to sideline your fav class for the time). It would be perfect.

Icons being older/rehashed icons isn't a big deal. In early stages, most icons are just placeholders.

Like I said before, the Tinker class being suggested adds an air of legitimacy to this image. NO ONE is talking about a technology based class. Almost everyone is saying its going to be Demon Hunts or some type of Bard.
    What I don't understand is why people are so dead set on discussing new classes right now. We already have 11 classes, 34 specs many of which are performing poorly across the board or suffering from wonky design.

If I were inclined to discuss classes at all, I would start by pointing out the problems of existing classes and asking for fixes before asking for a new class.

It makes a lot more sense to fix things that currently need it than come out with new things instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    i wan more specs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    What I don't understand is why people are so dead set on discussing new classes right now. We already have 11 classes, 34 specs many of which are performing poorly across the board or suffering from wonky design.

If I were inclined to discuss classes at all, I would start by pointing out the problems of existing classes and asking for fixes before asking for a new class.

It makes a lot more sense to fix things that currently need it than come out with new things instead.
    People want new classes because people like new stuff. Not everyone is happy with their class of choice, but enjoy WoW's game design and would like to see something different.

Also one person's problem is another person's favorite feature. So people suggesting changes to existing classes, often don't get what they want because it clashes with the dev's vision of how the class should work. In my case, I grew tired of how Shaman were designed, and I quit the game for quite awhile. What brought me back to the game was the Monk class. Another example would be the Hunter class. I find it boring as hell to play, and I would champion an overhaul of the entire class. However, Hunter is one of the most popular classes in the game, so my opinion is a minority opinion.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-08-03 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There´s never gonna be a 4th spec for all classes. Never. Mark my words.
    There will be mark my words.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    There will be mark my words.
    Then explain, if you will, why GC has already said it'd be nearly imposssible to balance AFTER the team tripled in size?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Then explain, if you will, why GC has already said it'd be nearly imposssible to balance AFTER the team tripled in size?
    The game will never be balanced people need to get over that fact. It is an elaborate game of Rock, Paper, Warcraft and someone is always going to get the shit end of the stick. He didn't say it was off the table, just a lot of work.

The screenshot with four class specs and a tinker class is fake. We can't confirm/deny every rumor but this one is just a clever fake.
    Source: Greg Street (@Ghostcrawler) August 11, 2013
    You have to think that each expansion's class is going to somehow be related to the expansion's theme. What kind of expansion could you base around the theme of Tinkers and technology? A steampunk expansion... would be a cool idea, but my response is simply: NOPE.

Despite GC tweet, my faith in 4th spec will maintain, like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin. My desire for shaman tanking is that strong.