Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    classes don't need 4 specs, would rather see a revamp of existing specs for classes.

like hunters, their three specs are already so similar, do they really need a 4th? would much prefer to see their existing ones revamped in the style warlocks got, same for rogues. its really just a problem that effects pure dps classes, hunters and rogues got it worst right now, they don't need a 4th.
    dragonmaw - EU

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 45m
    The screenshot with four class specs and a tinker class is fake. We can't confirm/deny every rumor but this one is just a clever fake. SO HES JUST TROLLING TIL BLIZZCON SO JUST YOU WAIT

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost 100,000 people came to this thread with hopes and dream only to be crushed by the man himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Almost 100,000 people came to this thread with hopes and dream only to be crushed by the man himself.

Ghostcrawler:Crushing players's dreams since 2009.From the moose,to the forth spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    People want new classes because people like new stuff. Not everyone is happy with their class of choice, but enjoy WoW's game design and would like to see something different.

Also one person's problem is another person's favorite feature. So people suggesting changes to existing classes, often don't get what they want because it clashes with the dev's vision of how the class should work. In my case, I grew tired of how Shaman were designed, and I quit the game for quite awhile. What brought me back to the game was the Monk class. Another example would be the Hunter class. I find it boring as hell to play, and I would champion an overhaul of the entire class. However, Hunter is one of the most popular classes in the game, so my opinion is a minority opinion.
    Amen. Played a shammy since WotLK and my breaking point was changing our beloved totems... Using Totems as mere CDs isn't the same thing imho, haha. So then a new class (spec, actually) made me cheer up: Mistweaver Monk.

New stuff make people happy, specially when they change something you like to something you'll never play again (my shammy is now an enchanting alt lol). I'm against revamping classes because some people may get sad like I did with shammies. I know it's harder, but bringing new classes (or specs) is way better than full revamps.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

ghostcrawler said the screenshot is fake, but they could still be working on 4th spec and tinkers on the inside

never give up on your dreams!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venyria View Post
    ghostcrawler said the screenshot is fake, but they could still be working on 4th spec and tinkers on the inside

never give up on your dreams!
    No, they never obviously *lie* to their customers. Its a, now, confirmed fake and you can forget about it.

Deleted
    Warrior = Dragonslayer ( Only thing I could think of) (DPS/TANK mix?)
    Mage= Blood Mage (This could actualy be a Healer. Imagine harvesting the life out of your enemies then sending it to allies)
    Rogue = Dunno, but it looks like leaves plus something in the distance. Like an explorer type spec. Maybe it is Scout? (DPS)
    Hunter = Spellbow. Arrows that are Magic etc. Uses mana instead of focus and has no pets etc. ( DPS ) ( I think only BM should get Pets but their normal bow dps should be LOWERED a lot, Maybe have Marksmanship about ya know Heavy Arrow Damage and have the Other spec as DoTers.)
    Shaman = Earth Warrior ( or somethin glike that) Harness the power of the Earth to toughen your body and armour. ( TANK )
    Priest= Void / Chaos. Similar to Shadow but more "echo-y" The abilities build up Chaos which is then used to empower your spells. ( DPS )
    Warlock= Demon Hunter or Fel Knight. Use Metamorphosis and similar abilities to be a tank. Take the form of different demons etc. ( Tank )
    Paladin = Judgement or Justice,( DPS )
    Death Knight = Necrotic / Necromancer. A forbidden practice that lets you heal your friends. OR uses the powers of Death to create spells ( Heal or DPS ) ( I would swap UNHOLY into a Healer spec and turn the 4th spec into something to do MORE with plauges and DoTs)
    Monk = Cant tell for the monk. I still think they should have some type of Drunken Fist thing for Brewmaster where instead of energy / mana you have Ale.

Tinker = I will try to do all 4 of the tinker specs but because not a lot is known about the tinkers ( Not enough for fans to make4 specs for em) i will not be using any lore sources etc.

Spec 1 = Chemical Tinker. Tinker with the properties of chemicals then use this to both kill enemies and kill frien- oh wait i mean HEAL friends! Uses mana to change Chemical properties. (Heal/DPS hybrid)

Spec 2 = Electro Tinker. With a ZAP ZAP there and a ZAP there and in your zappy face! Use your Electro Weapons to ZAAAAAAAAAAP people. ( Ranged DPS)

Spec 3 = Genetics Tinker. When I showed those tree huggers in Moonglade my latest inventions, they tried to kill me ! It's not my fault if I can force my body to change into a giant ball of muscles! There just jealous that all they can turn into are ANIMALS! (TANK)

Spec 4= The Tinkering Tinker. All these blasted youngsters and their Zappers, Chemicals and Gianti- Genti- Geneticals ! WHO CARES WHAT YOU CALL EM!? Old School is the true way to go with two steam gunners in my hands, a few nades in the back pocket and my Sentry Making for Dumbies book I'll DESTORY the battlefield! *Evil laugh interrupted by wheezy coughs*

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No, they never obviously *lie* to their customers. Its a, now, confirmed fake and you can forget about it.
    I mean the screenshot itself is fake (the icons and new class) but they could still be working on 4th specs NOT represented by that screenshot.

Cause blizzards never lied to us before right? Or taken something back? Oh man I could lose count how many times they've done this.

You guys know ghostcrawler just comfirmed this to be fake right? The thread can end now.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

lolz some of you guys just dont remember when they APRIL FOOLED us with pandas and SAID THAT WOULD NEVER BE IN GAME.. see where that went

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Cause blizzards never lied to us before right? Or taken something back? Oh man I could lose count how many times they've done this.
    If Ghostcrawler was lying about this, I would lose all respect for him. Look bro, he said it on his personal twitter. If the fraudster who made the SS had nailed everything on the screenshot, GC wouldn't have said a goddamned thing about it, ever.

Blizzard has NEVER lied to us. This would not be a "take back" ("take backs" presumably include player housing and things that we were told that were later cancelled). Either the graphic is fake, or it isn't. Ghostcrawler took time out of his day to tell you IT IS FUCKING FAKE. He has zero motivation to lie (for that matter, Blizzard has zero motivation to lie).

The thing is a fake. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mileskg21 View Post
    lolz some of you guys just dont remember when they APRIL FOOLED us with pandas and SAID THAT WOULD NEVER BE IN GAME.. see where that went
    They never said Pandas wouldn't be in game. The april fools was so popular they put it into WCIII. Up until that point, there was no plan for a Brewmaster, but once the community was thrilled about it, boom, they started working on it. Get your shit straight!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    You guys know ghostcrawler just comfirmed this to be fake right? The thread can end now.
    IMO the OP should fucking fix his post (or maybe a mod should) so that is the first thing anyone sees. He should link to:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...51530633428993

"The screenshot with four class specs and a tinker class is fake. We can't confirm/deny every rumor but this one is just a clever fake."
    Last edited by Verain; 2013-08-12 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's lying! I can see it in his eyes!

Guys Gc confirmed is fake lets stop this tread and be happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Mage?!?!?!?! OH PLEASE GODS, PLEASE!!!!! But with no other evidence, I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Blood Mage?!?!?!?! OH PLEASE GODS, PLEASE!!!!! But with no other evidence, I'm not holding my breath.
    See, this guy sees the top post, but doesn't see the tweet where GC has explicitly disavowed this screen shot. Because the GC tweet needs to be IN the top post, to stop people from being confused.

Deleted
    Just because something is fake doesn't mean they aren't possibly working on something similar. Technically they wouldn't be lying even if that were the case. I'm not saying they are, but you are excluding possible outcomes that shouldn't be excluded yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Blizzard has NEVER lied to us.
    Ehm, I find that hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Ehm, I find that hard to believe.
    Pay attention then.

Now, lets clarify. A broken promise isn't a lie. A lie is when they know the truth and say something false. So, for instance, when they told us they were going to have player housing, they meant it... at the time. Later, they backed out, and didn't bother to tell anyone when that was happening. This is very standard among MMOs. But when, for instance, Lich King leaked, they didn't stand up and say "Nope, not Lich King". They never lied.

And this isn't a lie either.

Just because something is fake doesn't mean they aren't possibly working on something similar.
    If either tinker or 4th spec was being worked on right now, GC would NEVER have made any comment. He's not trying to fuck with us, ok? Blizzcon won't have an Engineer and a smirking GC saying "But technically, it was fake, because we didn't do the fourth spec! And we called our tinker an engineer!"

It means that the next expac will not have a tinker.

It means that the next expac will not have 4th spec.

But much more importantly- it means that we have GC's word that this obvious fake is an obvious fake. If your response to that is "oh, ok, GC probably hopped onto twitter on Sunday to fucking lie to us", or "well, ok, the fake is fake, but everything in it might be true"...

Well, whatever. Can't help ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Just because something is fake doesn't mean they aren't possibly working on something similar. Technically they wouldn't be lying even if that were the case. I'm not saying they are, but you are excluding possible outcomes that shouldn't be excluded yet.
    Exactly. If Blizzard is only working on 4th specs, they have to disavow this image now to avoid the predictable and constant "well what happened to the tinker?" questions after. Or vice versa.