Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Pay attention then.

Now, lets clarify. A broken promise isn't a lie. A lie is when they know the truth and say something false. So, for instance, when they told us they were going to have player housing, they meant it... at the time. Later, they backed out, and didn't bother to tell anyone when that was happening. This is very standard among MMOs. But when, for instance, Lich King leaked, they didn't stand up and say "Nope, not Lich King". They never lied.

And this isn't a lie either.

If either tinker or 4th spec was being worked on right now, GC would NEVER have made any comment. He's not trying to fuck with us, ok? Blizzcon won't have an Engineer and a smirking GC saying "But technically, it was fake, because we didn't do the fourth spec! And we called our tinker an engineer!"

It means that the next expac will not have a tinker.

It means that the next expac will not have 4th spec.
    When the Goblin and Worgen masks were leaked pre-Cata announcement, Blizzard tried to cover it up by saying people were just jumping to conclusions and it wasn't anything, and then they tried to add in several other NPC race masks to try and make it seem like the worgen/goblin ones weren't for new player races.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    When the Goblin and Worgen masks were leaked pre-Cata announcement, Blizzard tried to cover it up by saying people were just jumping to conclusions and it wasn't anything, and then they tried to add in several other NPC race masks to try and make it seem like the worgen/goblin ones weren't for new player races.
    That is a pretty great example. I remember those days.

Didn't that all happen like, a year or more before cata was even announced? I seem to recall ogre and naga masks cropping up at about the same time, even vrykul.

each class should have 6 specs, none of that new talent system shit, mages would learn 6 elements, warlocks would harness all of the dark magic universe, priests would study different disciplines, etc. The catch would be that every race would have its own 3 specs out of the 6, and the specs it would have would match their race. This would add much more depth to both the races and the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by angryplateguy View Post
    Didn't that all happen like, a year or more before cata was even announced? I seem to recall ogre and naga masks cropping up at about the same time, even vrykul.
    It was quite a ways before Cata was announced at Blizzcon, yes.

The Ogre, Naga and Vrykul were part of the fake masks that blizzard put into the PTR build afterwards to try and make it seem like the Goblin and Worgen masks weren't for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrano247 View Post
    each class should have 6 specs, none of that new talent system shit, mages would learn 6 elements, warlocks would harness all of the dark magic universe, priests would study different disciplines, etc. The catch would be that every race would have its own 3 specs out of the 6, and the specs it would have would match their race. This would add much more depth to both the races and the classes.
    And then everyone would only play the most optimal of all them combined. No sir, that would never work.

It would be cool, but it couldn't be anything other than flavor spells if it was going to work. Like warhammer online, archmage vs goblin shaman, or black orc and sword master. They tried that, but one side always ended up with the better end of the stick. Most notorious was brightwizard vs Sorceror, BWs were pretty much the best class in that game.

So again, it wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirr View Post
    Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.

This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6660776?page=1 Topic has now been deleted from us.battle.net

Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.

...this crap again

They added several other NPC race masks. They did not lie to us, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iciya View Post
    Warrior = Dragonslayer ( Only thing I could think of) (DPS/TANK mix?)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathbyFrostBomb73 View Post
    ...this crap again
    Did not see the GC tweet. Would benefit if the GC tweet was inserted via edit into the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    You guys know ghostcrawler just comfirmed this to be fake right? The thread can end now.
    Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    Guys Gc confirmed is fake lets stop this tread and be happy
    Saw the GC tweet. Would benefit if the GC tweet was inserted via edit into the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Venyria View Post
    I mean the screenshot itself is fake (the icons and new class) but they could still be working on 4th specs NOT represented by that screenshot.
    This would be dissembling and misdirection. I get that you want a 4th spec, but lets be real here- if this was anywhere close to the truth, GC wouldn't have touched it at fucking all. No one made him respond or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Exactly. If Blizzard is only working on 4th specs, they have to disavow this image now to avoid the predictable and constant "well what happened to the tinker?" questions after. Or vice versa.
    No, "they" don't. This is GC, on his weekend, tweeting. If there was a 4th spec, or a tinker, he wouldn't have even bothered with yet another rumor. But this dumb image keeps popping up, so I'm THRILLED he fucking said it was fake.

Again, if your response is "Aw, he probably is just trying to hide the true parts with some Jedi mind trick"... again, no help for you, I got nothing.

He probably is just trying to hide the true parts with some Jedi mind trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    See, this guy sees the top post, but doesn't see the tweet where GC has explicitly disavowed this screen shot. Because the GC tweet needs to be IN the top post, to stop people from being confused.
    "But with no other evidence, I'm not holding my breath." That pretty much says I don't think the SS is real either...how are you missing that?...

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    "But with no other evidence, I'm not holding my breath." That pretty much says I don't think the SS is real either...how are you missing that?...
    Because you wouldn't even entertain the thought if you had seen GC debunk it before you posted. I'm making the point that the OP or a mod should edit the orig post to point to the GC tweet- here's from the OP:

"Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO."

If he really believed that, he'd update it now that it's been debunked.

Well, or he's not paying attention and a mod should do it! Not many going to read 38 pages to find out it's been debunked, so the remainder of this thread will just be people saying "hey I don't believe that" or "hey, that could be true", when neither is needed.

The best part about this, is that the other masks weren't complete red herrings. Blizzard later said that they considered doing ogres instead of goblins, but couldn't make up their minds on how to handle things like females (which would explain the female mask clearly being from a piece of concept art we've never seen). I mean, they had pretty obviously decided on Worgen and Goblin by the time the masks were leaked, but the ogres masks seemed representative of an earlier point in development.

They class icon for the tinker wouldn't even be done yet. This is complete bullshit if I have ever seen it. The monk and DK icons weren't ever implemented till mid beta, plus can you imagine blizzard adding 15 new specs to the game? one of each of the 12 classes and then the regular three for a tinker? And you think balancing pvp/pve is hard now? you have to be really hard headed and stubborn to think they would add 15 new specs when they already have there hands full with 33. Never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The best part about this, is that the other masks weren't complete red herrings. Blizzard later said that they considered doing ogres instead of goblins, but couldn't make up their minds on how to handle things like females (which would explain the female mask clearly being from a piece of concept art we've never seen). I mean, they had pretty obviously decided on Worgen and Goblin by the time the masks were leaked, but the ogres masks seemed representative of an earlier point in development.
    Nah, actually they were red herrings. While they had considered making ogres playable (and they still could, and probably will eventually), the masks they added were low quality scans. The female ogre mask was I think a scan from the RPG book- not even an in-character model to work with.

Ogres are still legit as a PC race in the future, of course. But the masks weren't related to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post
    They class icon for the tinker wouldn't even be done yet. This is complete bullshit if I have ever seen it. The monk and DK icons weren't ever implemented till mid beta, plus can you imagine blizzard adding 15 new specs to the game? one of each of the 12 classes and then the regular three for a tinker? And you think balancing pvp/pve is hard now? you have to be really hard headed and stubborn to think they would add 15 new specs when they already have there hands full with 33. Never going to happen.

Did not see the GC tweet. Would benefit if the GC tweet was inserted via edit into the first post.

Deleted
    Didn't know this thread was still going so I've edited OP to stop people posting who don't know that this has already been called out fake.

Deleted
    Yep, Blizzard is secretely working on 4th speccs for all classes... which is almost like creating 3,5 classes, where they're just able to put out *one* class every so often (every 2 xpacs as of now).

Please.. use brainz, or give it to your nearby zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Yep, Blizzard is secretely working on 4th speccs for all classes... which is almost like creating 3,5 classes, where they're just able to put out *one* class every so often (every 2 xpacs as of now).

Please.. use brainz, or give it to your nearby zombie.
    Honestly if it was a major feature of an expansion would it make you angry? I think if it is a Major feature of this expansion it would blow away most major features they have ever added in comparison. Now we know that the image floating around is fake but the fact that they almost quadrupled their dev team means something big for wow is coming.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Honestly if it was a major feature of an expansion would it make you angry? I think if it is a Major feature of this expansion it would blow away most major features they have ever added in comparison. Now we know that the image floating around is fake but the fact that they almost quadrupled their dev team means something big for wow is coming.
    I dont doubt the idea of new classes being added in the future, unlike some people. Because balance is not achievable.. WoW is bound to have more classes, races and whatever, like it or not. And even if they hire 5000 new devs, they couldnt come up with ~3 classes (in form of a 4th specc for everyone) in just one expansion.

Every time I see this on the front page I get excited then die a little inside when I open it.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    I dont doubt the idea of new classes being added in the future, unlike some people. Because balance is not achievable.. WoW is bound to have more classes, races and whatever, like it or not. And even if they hire 5000 new devs, they couldnt come up with ~3 classes (in form of a 4th specc for everyone) in just one expansion.
    Oh come on don't you think that's a little bit dramatic? I'm pretty sure they could creatively throw paint at the wall for a new spec for everything over the lifespan of a single expansion especially now when most every mechanic in the game is just a rehash of another classes mechanic. The majority of the "bones" of every spec they'll ever add is probably already in the game they just aren't combined in the correct order or tweaked yet.