Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    The Hunter 4th spec looks demonic, if this was real it would probably resemble something similar to a Demon Hunter. It's a good idea but this is 99% fake.
    Demon hunter? more like Dark ranger, that would've been perfect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    Every time I see this on the front page I get excited then die a little inside when I open it.
    same here bro, same here

;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Nah, actually they were red herrings. While they had considered making ogres playable (and they still could, and probably will eventually), the masks they added were low quality scans. The female ogre mask was I think a scan from the RPG book- not even an in-character model to work with.

Ogres are still legit as a PC race in the future, of course. But the masks weren't related to that.
    To clarify my post, yes, the ogre masks were red herrings and meant nothing about the expansion at that point. However, they weren't just any random thing thrown together. The male ogre is just part from a texture, but I have yet to find where the artwork that female ogre face comes from. I own all the RPG books and it's not from there. I admit, it's an assumption, but the fact that they later said they were considering ogres (and saw females and two-heads as challenges) before settling on goblins, makes it sound logical to me that the female mask comes from a piece of concept art they did when throwing around ideas on what the females should look like.

But my guess was a bit larger than that (and I stress the guess part). Apparently in the past they listed nagas alongside ogres as races they'd like to try to do at some point. I have a suspicion (again, just a suspicion based on vague ideas, not real evidence) that the red herring masks, while definitely red herrings, were at least partially a development in-joke, being based on races they've been considering (and at least one of those seriously considered for that very expansion, by their own admission).