1. #1
    Mechagnome Snakehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    'merica
    Posts
    666

    Where does this type of discussion take place?

    I started this thread,

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iticism-Thread

    With the exception of one poster hell bent on telling me it was not "constructive" as he proceeded to be an agitator the discussion was pretty civil. Then the mods told me it wasn't the right place and that mmoc allows criticism. If that is true why was I infracted for "trolling" reason "game bashing" when all I did was criticize without using bad language or insults the practice of blizzard using cross server instead of realm merges?

    You guys can't have it both ways. You either say we can criticize blizzard and let us under controlled conditions or tell us absolutely no blizzard bashing and I know not to do it.

    Also my intent was to create a one stop shop like a mega thread for blizzard criticism so mods could generally monitor only one place for that sort of stuff instead of multiple threads.

  2. #2
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,531
    The point is you don't create a thread with the intent of criticizing EVERYTHING. If you have a specific issue with one aspect of the game, you create a thread on that. And also don't post it in the wrong forum. Each Blizzard game has its own forum. General Off-Topic isn't the place for it.

    The reason you make threads on specific issues is that you don't get posts like this:

    Almost everything Blizzard has done over the past 5-6 years has been absolutely terrible.

    SC2's multiplayer is ok and a respectible follow up to the original, but the single player is still terrible and BNET 2.0 has been an absolute joke.

    Everybody knows what a hillarious disaster D3 has been.
    There is a difference between criticism and constructive criticism. Saying something is bad for the sake of calling it bad is not constructive.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Snakehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    'merica
    Posts
    666
    Buddy you really need to let this go. You were the one and only person that was being a jerk in the thread that was closed and looking to start problems. It's over, it's closed. Go live your life.

  4. #4
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Buddy you really need to let this go. You were the one and only person that was being a jerk in the thread that was closed and looking to start problems. It's over, it's closed. Go live your life.
    It's obviously not over because you made this thread. I was civil in the original thread and I am being civil with you now. There is nothing constructive about a thread intended for a mass-posting of complaints. It's apparent the moderator agreed with me. If you have something more to say than "Blizzard is appealing to lazy people," then that is a thread that can be discussed.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    There is a difference between criticism and constructive criticism. Saying something is bad for the sake of calling it bad is not constructive.
    Actually, its more that there's a difference between ranting and criticism as pointed out by the moderator in the other thread.

    The idea is that these are discussion forums, not a booth at the bar where you bitch to your drinking buddies.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Snakehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    'merica
    Posts
    666
    Off topic is there an ignore feature because I have someone to add to that list.

  7. #7
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Off topic is there an ignore feature because I have someone to add to that list.
    Go in my forum profile and click Ignore User. This makes it even more obvious you don't want a discussion unless it's something you agree with.

    Cheers.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome Snakehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    'merica
    Posts
    666
    Now that issue has been resolved. Hopefully a mod will review this soon. I'd love to get their feedback.

  9. #9
    The only feedback you'll get from a mod about public discussion of moderation issues is to PM a mod, because threads discussing mod action are not allowed.

  10. #10
    Mmm would be interesting

  11. #11
    Your thread had 15 posts, not counting the lock post. Let's break it down:
    1) You use tongue-hanging-out-of-mouth phrase "all powerful Blizzard" in an attempt at sarcasm in the first sentence of your "constructive feedback" thread.
    2) 4 of the next 14 posts have to due with how unconstructive your thread, or the Blizzard forums are.
    3) Finally in Post #6 TheWocky provides some actual commentary on something apparently said by Blizzard
    4) Next post is post #5 to say "the community is not capable of discussion." This seems to be a self-fulfilling prophecy for your apparent intentions, ironically.
    5)Two of the posts make use of the words "absolute" and "joke" or "disaster." These are hyperbole. Hyperbole is a tool for satire, not constructive feedback - unless maybe you are Jonathan Swift.
    6) Post #12 by Last Starfighter attempts to provide his view on how Blizzard's design philosophy has been impacted by their success.
    7) Posts #13-15 are you and other posters acknowledging how bad that thread already sucks

    So, 2 of 15 posts attempt analysis of Blizzard.
    Clearly, the forums are not fully capable of constructive feedback.


    Also, I notice you have made about 14 threads in the past 3 days. 4 of them have been locked. You seem to need something you are not getting on these forums, and I'd recommend forsaking them.
    [Holy shit he made another one that got locked in the time it took me to post this]
    [Also, it is not even Monday, son. I know you usually keep track by the Kleenex boxes we give you, but we shopped early this week.]
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2013-05-13 at 12:30 AM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Snakehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    'merica
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Riot View Post
    Your thread had 15 posts, not counting the lock post. Let's break it down:
    1) You use tongue-hanging-out-of-mouth phrase "all powerful Blizzard" in an attempt at sarcasm in the first sentence of your "constructive feedback" thread.
    2) 4 of the next 14 posts have to due with how unconstructive your thread, or the Blizzard forums are.
    3) Finally in Post #6 TheWocky provides some actual commentary on something apparently said by Blizzard
    4) Next post is post #5 to say "the community is not capable of discussion." This seems to be a self-fulfilling prophecy for your apparent intentions, ironically.
    5)Two of the posts make use of the words "absolute" and "joke" or "disaster." These are hyperbole. Hyperbole is a tool for satire, not constructive feedback - unless maybe you are Jonathan Swift.
    6) Post #12 by Last Starfighter attempts to provide his view on how Blizzard's design philosophy has been impacted by their success.
    7) Posts #13-15 are you and other posters acknowledging how bad that thread already sucks

    So, 2 of 15 posts attempt analysis of Blizzard.
    Clearly, the forums are not fully capable of constructive feedback.


    Also, I notice you have made about 14 threads in the past 3 days. 4 of them have been locked. You seem to need something you are not getting on these forums, and I'd recommend forsaking them.
    Thanks dad. See you next Tuesday.

  13. #13
    This site got rules even worse than Iran! If you don´t agree with the mighty Blizzard god you are removed or closed. Pretty onesided if you ask me!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Thanks dad. See you next Tuesday.
    You make posts like this and you don't understand why you got infracted for trolling?

  15. #15
    Miss Doctor Lady Bear Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    15,036
    Like Tziva said in that thread, if you'd like to make constructive criticism, feel free to do so (in the wow forum). There's no reason to have a general all-purpose wow/blizzard criticism thread -- it will just turn into "hey let's bash wow/blizzard/other people/etc as much as we can". It also doesn't belong in off-topic, because the criticism is wow-related.

    If you have questions or complaints about a particular previous infraction or lock where you feel something was unfairly closed/infracted for criticism, please point that out (via PM or Contact Us mail) so we can address the issue at the source.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •