75 RBG wins: Best approach?

I'm not the best PVPer ever but I'm really enjoying RBGs. Ideally I want to end up with the mount for the 75 wins. I'm not sure the best way to go about this though.

My guild has an RBG group that's reasonably successful but it only meets twice a week and only has time for a few games so getting my mount that way will take an eternity -- and seeing as how I'm only passable at organized PVP I keep being afraid I'll have to step down to offer my spot to a more capable player.

I started using OQ and results have been all over the place. At first it was pretty solid but once I hit a rating of 1400-1500 I seemingly hit a brick wall. The only groups I see forming are either much higher or much lower rating and it seems borderline impossible to find one that will accept me.

I don't know if I should try to purposefully tank my rating or what. I don't honestly care too much about the PVP titles or my rating. I just want to have fun and eventually get my mount. To be honest, I don't really know what to do. I've been stuck at 17/75 wins for days now.

Any advice would be awesome. This whole process has been rather confusing. >.<;

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I'm not the best PVPer ever but I'm really enjoying RBGs. Ideally I want to end up with the mount for the 75 wins. I'm not sure the best way to go about this though.

My guild has an RBG group that's reasonably successful but it only meets twice a week and only has time for a few games so getting my mount that way will take an eternity -- and seeing as how I'm only passable at organized PVP I keep being afraid I'll have to step down to offer my spot to a more capable player.

I started using OQ and results have been all over the place. At first it was pretty solid but once I hit a rating of 1400-1500 I seemingly hit a brick wall. The only groups I see forming are either much higher or much lower rating and it seems borderline impossible to find one that will accept me.

I don't know if I should try to purposefully tank my rating or what. I don't honestly care too much about the PVP titles or my rating. I just want to have fun and eventually get my mount. To be honest, I don't really know what to do. I've been stuck at 17/75 wins for days now.

Any advice would be awesome. This whole process has been rather confusing. >.<;
    Man up and lead one. Do a bit of research into strategy and counterstrategy, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Via OQ? I could try that. My server is way too dead to actually get friends together. Frankly its a miracle my guild manages to host them at all and the schedule is much too tight to allow much more within the guild.

The issue with OQ is people tend to disband like crazy after a single loss -- even if a game is really close. I guess that's just going to happen but I feel like this is going to become 95% filling groups and dealing with people and 5% actually doing the RBGs. I guess if that's what is really the best route.

practice? there shouldnt be another way

10+ Year Old Account
    oQueue is excellent for RBGs.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    1400 rbg is nothing to be proud of. If you just want the mount, might as well join the 0 mmr teams to get the wins in.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    1400 rbg is nothing to be proud of.
    At what point did I indicate that I was proud of my rating?

If leading is an option for you, as stated above, start building groups via oqueue and fill them up via #RBG.EU on quakenet. After you have done that some times (and are good at leading) your b-tag-list will be filled enough to just recruit players from there.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-Playing-RBGs Thats a very helpful link for leading.

Also making an alt on a populated pvp server and finding groups there and just pass your b-tag helps aswell.

If you're just going after 75 wins, you can just pug

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Man up and lead one. Do a bit of research into strategy and counterstrategy, ect.
    A 1500 player should definitely not lead an RBG team.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post

u;re so wrong are more 1500 RBG teams out there than 2k+ , u think all those rbgs teams at 1.5k lead themselves?! some1 have to lead every team no matter if is 0 , 1500 or 2k+ raiting some1 has to step up and lead it , as for the op Knysbart linked you a very helpfull guide about the things you need to know and u need to do in an RBG , so yer man up and lead one if is hard to get into a steady group , aswell Oqueue is very very helpfull you will easly get your wins if u just get in and play , more pew pew less forum qq ,gl ahead for your mount

and why is that? so a 1500 player should not lead a 1500 team?
    so they should beg for a 2500 leader to help them out??
    thats like saying some1 who does normal raids should not lead normal raids.

/edit. and some 1500 leaders are better leader then some random 2500 player who never lead anything in his life.

You guys don't understand. With all due respect, a 1500 players is quite possibly worse than the average player. A football team of 5 year old boys need an adult trainer becuase otherwise they won't really learn. That's how 1500 RBG's are to me. I'm sorry I don't want to sound like a jerk. A 2500 player is on another plain of existence. I understand that a 2200 player can run a 2200 team becuase at least he knows a little something about the game. 1500 player has probably just started doing PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys don't understand. With all due respect, a 1500 players is quite possibly worse than the average player. A football team of 5 year old boys need an adult trainer becuase otherwise they won't really learn. That's how 1500 RBG's are to me. I'm sorry I don't want to sound like a jerk. A 2500 player is on another plain of existence. I understand that a 2200 player can run a 2200 team becuase at least he knows a little something about the game. 1500 player has probably just started doing PvP.
    Nope thats just wrong, a 1500 mmr can definitely lead a 1500 mmr RBG. Its called different brackets of skill, your logic is saying that a 2200 team would be going against a 1500 team which wont happen.

Different brackets, different skill requirement, but a 1500 can still do pretty good at leading for that skill equivalency.

agree and disagree lol i know some 2200 players who couldn't even run a 1500 team, cuz they just cant lead period. And I know some 1500 players who are just farting around this season who can run 2200+ teams with ease. It all really depends on the people and group set up. If it's a random OQ team i would want a little higher rating leading, but if its a guild grp or people you know who work well together, as long as they're a god leader ratings not a HUGE issue, again just my humble opinion, highest rating I have ever gotten to was 2150 lol so cant talk about 2200+ much

10+ Year Old Account
    if you just want 75 wins then just run with every rbg team you can find.you get your wills and might learn as you go.make a level 1 toon on other servers and look for rbgs teams there.just give them your real id and you can run with them.