Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard All Stars?

Is Blizzard currently working on this game and will it release sometime late 2013 or early 2014? I just wanted to know because I've not heard anything about the game for a period of time now.

I also have some other questions to people who know more of it than me.. Will these characters be playable?

Deathwing, Diablo, Ragnaros, Tyrael, Garrosh, Chen Stormstout?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are working on the game. There is some information on the playable characters, from the reveal etc. Not sure when it will be released.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, more like 2015-16

They are working on it, there is maybe going to be some info at Blizzcon. Release is late 2014 at the earliest.

Characters: No, Maybe, Maybe, Maybe, Maybe, Maybe.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Wow no Deathwing would suck....

eh? what is this i dont even...

so what kind of game is this we are talkign about? an arpg? rts? mmo? boardgame? what?

Its just a custom map on SC2 game, not a complete game, shouldn't take that long. Maybe its just they are not happy with the game yet like Diablo PvP they are delaying as long as it gets fun to play..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

so what kind of game is this we are talkign about? an arpg? rts? mmo? boardgame? what?
    You don't follow gaming news much, do you...

Blizzard All-Stars is Uncle Blizz's answer to the MOBA fever. The project has been public knowledge for like 38 years now...

It's a MOBA-styled SC2 mod that features heroes from every Blizzard game universe. It was started alongside other SC2 official mods such as Left 2 Die (survival map), Aiur Chef (cooking-themed competitive map) and Starjeweled (Bejeweled/nexus wars hybrid). It was originally named Blizzard DOTA, but the name changed when they got into that whole lawsuit with Valve over copyright of the name DOTA and Dense of the Ancients. Since then, the name of the mod is now Blizzard Allstars. The plan is for it to be a free to play standalone game (meaning no longer just a SC2 mod). We haven't really heard a lot of news about it since the last Blizzcon, so no one really knows what's happening right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

It's a moba (DotA, LoL)

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KazuraX00 View Post
    Wow no Deathwing would suck....
    I guess he could be in it, but he's rather large for someone like Jim Raynor or Thrall without the Dragon Soul and Dragon Aspects back up to fight.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Its just a custom map on SC2 game, not a complete game, shouldn't take that long. Maybe its just they are not happy with the game yet like Diablo PvP they are delaying as long as it gets fun to play..
    It may have started like that but if that was the case it would have been out this year. The preview at the last blizzcon 2011 was pretty far. No Blizzard is shaping all stars to be a LoL competitor. Free to play and all.

I personally think it will have a large appeal because everyone will want to play characters from the blizzard universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing can be in it, but he has to be the final corrupted form. His body can be somewhere off map and you control little tentacally things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Deathwing can be in it, but he has to be the final corrupted form. His body can be somewhere off map and you control little tentacally things.
    Or he could be in his human form
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Or he could be in his human form
    Never!!! Tentacles or bust!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Never!!! Tentacles or bust!
    Human form with tentacles? Like a Venom from spider-man
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Human form with tentacles? Like a Venom from spider-man
    Ok, but he has to have a move where his arms turn into flailing tentacles of the old ones that shoot mind flays.

Yea they mentioned in a blue post or Q&A, can't remember which that what we saw at Blizzcon is no longer what it looks like they are re-designing it from the ground up hence there's been little information about it lately.

I would kinda like to see something like FF tactics with Blizzard based heroes and villains.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It wasn't in the 2013 projects during the Earnings Call but was listed under long term projects so it's not coming out this year. Maybe 2014 or 2015

It's going to be free-to-play stand-alone game, so you don't need SC2 to play the game once it comes out.