I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Games with zero video options?

So I picked up Kindoms of Amalur and all the DLCs for 8 bucks thru gamefly yesterday and when I started up the game I noticed that the picture looked awful. Everything was squashed down and stretched sideways and while it doesn't make the the game unplayable it makes it look bad and, well, it bugs the shit out of me. I went to the video options and there simply werent any aside from turning v-sync on or off. To top it off there is no option for windowed mode and doesn't respond to alt-tabbing out.

Are their third party programs that can override the game's default or another method to get around this? Some of the oldest games I have include some kind of video options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your signature is so ironic. xD

On-topic: I have no idea, I never got amalur because I read terrible things like this about it, but yeah, it bugs me when games don't have the right resolution. For me, more options = better. Except LoTRO, that game is just options overload.

10+ Year Old Account

While it doesn't have the greatest video options, it does have windowed. Not sure what is causing the stretching unless you have it at a resolution your monitor doesn't support. That would be my guess anyway.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Your signature is so ironic. xD

On-topic: I have no idea, I never got amalur because I read terrible things like this about it, but yeah, it bugs me when games don't have the right resolution. For me, more options = better. Except LoTRO, that game is just options overload.
    Ha! Got a chuckle out of me. It isn't really a graphics issue so much as a resolution issue and just not displaying correctly.