Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Opinion of replacing shoulders or not for lower item with 2pc.

Currently have http://www.wowhead.com/item=95700

Just got http://www.wowhead.com/item=85299.

I have the T14 helm. Should i use the T14 Shoulders over the lfr ones for the T14 2pc Bonus?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely go for the 2 piece bonus for now until you can get the tier 15 stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't waste your time on here. Just go to Shadowcraft and test it.

people now a days dont want to do the work for you so go to shadow craft.... getting peoples personal opinions is a dying breed now a days

But honestly use the 2 pc t14 until you have 4 pc T15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    people now a days dont want to do the work for you so go to shadow craft.... getting peoples personal opinions is a dying breed now a days
    The issue is that the "opinions" are based on findings... from Shadowcraft/Simulationcraft. When it comes to comparing specific pieces, we then ask for someone's armory, so we can load their character into shadowcaft and see what it shows - there are some ins and outs that the average user doesn't get, but for "which piece is better," we all take the same path unless we KNOW the answer inherently.

OP: the 502 shoulders are better itemized, but the T14 set bonus is valuable enough that it should come ahead. When you also have a headpiece to swap, or T15 set bonus options, check back - in Shadowcraft.

Deleted
    For me sims showed that even replacing a 496 T14 item with a 522 item wasn't worth it to break any set bonus. I had to replace both 496 items with a higher itemlevel, but for details just check it yourself as mentioned.

Also you should keep in mind, that the set boni are very situational. The 2p bonus is very strong if you have to switch targets often while leaving ruptures on the last target. While the 4p bonus prolongs and enhances your burst phases. Breaking a bonus for a higher itemlevel item enhances your overall damage, but will hurt you in these mentioned situations.
    Last edited by mmoc420d930b3c; 2013-05-14 at 01:58 AM.