How good is the T15 set bonus for affliction?

Kinda in a dilemma. I have a 535 glove piece that I can swap with the T15 set 522 glove. I would have 3 set items with the 535. Wondering if the 4pc set bonus is worth it. I'd lose about 600 mastery overall and 149 intellect if i were to use the 522 tier glove, but I'd gain the 4 pc bonus.

According to sim, my dps is 162k with the 535 glove and no 4 pc bonus, but 163k with 4 pc. With the heavy multi doting this tier, as well as the GoSac nerf, i'm wondering if its worth giving up the 600 mastery and 149 int since the 4 pc bonus only increases ur dps if your actively channeling MG and drainsoul most of the fight?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Scott/advanced

Here's my current armory
    Last edited by OokingDooker; 2013-05-13 at 07:24 AM.

Think it will be a dps increase when you can replace all of the tier pieces with thunderforge gear so you would need 1 more item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    According to sim, my dps is 162k with the 535 glove and no 4 pc bonus, but 163k with 4 pc.
    Is this with proper reforges and gemming according to stat weights that may have shifted by gaining 4pc? I find that roughly 30% of my damage come from MG/DS on a single target fight which would equate to the 4set being a ~1.5% dps increase. In most cases I believe you would see a dps loss on multi target fights. The 4set might push you towards GoSac for affliction as the damage from MG/DS becomes much stronger with it and it is still the best talent choice despite nerfs at high ilv.

My advice is to run sims and find optimal gemming/reforging for: Current Gear, 4pc Set and GoSac talent w/ 4pc, once you have these optimised sim them for the highest dps on single target. Chardev.org is a great site to use for creating character profiles that can be used by simcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvanis View Post
    Is this with proper reforges and gemming according to stat weights that may have shifted by gaining 4pc? I find that roughly 30% of my damage come from MG/DS on a single target fight which would equate to the 4set being a ~1.5% dps increase. In most cases I believe you would see a dps loss on multi target fights. The 4set might push you towards GoSac for affliction as the damage from MG/DS becomes much stronger with it and it is still the best talent choice despite nerfs at high ilv.

My advice is to run sims and find optimal gemming/reforging for: Current Gear, 4pc Set and GoSac talent w/ 4pc, once you have these optimised sim them for the highest dps on single target. Chardev.org is a great site to use for creating character profiles that can be used by simcraft.
    Yea, everything is with proper reforge and proper gemming.

IMO keep both on you, 4pc for single target fights and off piece for multi target fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    IMO keep both on you, 4pc for single target fights and off piece for multi target fights.
    Yea, this was what i was thinking too

10+ Year Old Account
    Our set bonuses are shit. Simple as that. 5% MG damage is pitiful when you need to take 2k crit instead of 2k haste to get it and 2 pce is 1 extra shard per 2 minutes which can be nice, but not worth specifically shooting for.

My position:
    - Crit blows. It blows even more for me because I have Lei Shens Trinket.
    - I play Afflic 100% of the time.
    - I already have 522 in almost every slot and H TF chest from ji'kun.
    - Our raid has a priest healer, pally healer and priest DPS, all of whom gain significant bonuses for their 2 and 4pce. The Conq token is far better for our raid if it goes to them.
    - We've seen only a few Conq tokens so far. They're rare for us. We have people getting 4pce Vanq offset though sigh.

I'm happy to skip the set all together. It's not well itemized for affliction on 3/5 pces and IMO not worth getting, especially when other raiders gain a lot from their T15 than us.

With the 4 piece equiped, I tested on a raid dummy about 5 times, each test was 5 min long. The total damage done by using GoSac is a little bit higher than GoSup on each test, overall about 1k dps increase. But then this is standing perfectly still and only worrying about refreshing dots at the right moment.

Once i get the heroic chest from jikun i'm probably gonna drop 4 piece.

With the 4 piece equiped, I tested on a raid dummy about 5 times, each test was 5 min long. The total damage done by using GoSac is a little bit higher than GoSup on each test, overall about 1k dps increase. But then this is standing perfectly still and only worrying about refreshing dots at the right moment.

Once i get the heroic chest from jikun i'm probably gonna drop 4 piece.
    Well you and your pet don't get all buffs + target doesn't have all debuffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    This is my thoughts too without doing much thinking, 2p/4p seems unreal terrible in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkuggz View Post
    This is my thoughts too without doing much thinking, 2p/4p seems unreal terrible in my eyes.
    Yea, I'm kinda disappointed in the set bonus for affliction this tier as well. Once we have more heroic bosses on farm and have more options available, I'm definitely switching the tiers out for heroic TF items. But the set bonuses seem to be really good for demonology though, which is the spec I'll be playing for almost every boss fight once I obtain the Leishen trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Our set bonuses are shit. Simple as that. 5% MG damage is pitiful when you need to take 2k crit instead of 2k haste to get it and 2 pce is 1 extra shard per 2 minutes which can be nice, but not worth specifically shooting for.

My position:
    - Crit blows. It blows even more for me because I have Lei Shens Trinket.
    - I play Afflic 100% of the time.
    - I already have 522 in almost every slot and H TF chest from ji'kun.
    - Our raid has a priest healer, pally healer and priest DPS, all of whom gain significant bonuses for their 2 and 4pce. The Conq token is far better for our raid if it goes to them.
    - We've seen only a few Conq tokens so far. They're rare for us. We have people getting 4pce Vanq offset though sigh.

I'm happy to skip the set all together. It's not well itemized for affliction on 3/5 pces and IMO not worth getting, especially when other raiders gain a lot from their T15 than us.
    I'm literally in the exact same position. Been passing all Conq gear to Pallys and Priests, I'd rather have Heroic gear.

Yea, I'm kinda disappointed in the set bonus for affliction this tier as well. Once we have more heroic bosses on farm and have more options available, I'm definitely switching the tiers out for heroic TF items. But the set bonuses seem to be really good for demonology though, which is the spec I'll be playing for almost every boss fight once I obtain the Leishen trinket.
    From what I remember the 2 piece is BiS for both Affy and Demo, at least last time I checked SimC. Though I don't remember which pieces exactly

Legs + shoulders are acceptable, the rest is really bad. I'd say, even on single target TF pieces should net you more dps (useful secondary stats + more more of them).

15+ Year Old Account
    Last round of sims I did, the 4pc was worth it over a 2 ilvl (overall) difference in gear, and the 4pc never made GoSac more singletarget dps than GoSup (though it got close at high gear levels, and obviously there are occasional disadvantages to having a demon out).

I've been really damn unlucky with 10m tier drops, personally I'm using 522,509,535,541,535 offpieces right now. But in my simming, tier is the better choice.