Durumu 10man normal - tips on handling colourblind phase

Hi,

We have recently killed ji-kun and had some tries on Durumu at the end of the night. Most of the fight seems pretty straightforward however we seem to be missing something during colourblind phase specially at the start.

Big question is: how do you guys handle assignments for each beam? For us it seems like 50/50 chance that we will be missing someone in one beam and have too many people in other. Can you do some pre- assigns even though beam targets are random?

The second question is during second colourblind phase we sometimes get the healing beam during that phase. Is that normal? and if so how you handle that when you are stunned and for instance yellow beam is moving away?

I hope to get some awesome tips out of this, my last thread pretty much got us ji-kun kill so please lay it on me how to handle colourblind phase.

Thanks a lot

Deleted
    We put tanks in yellow beam, 2 soaking it. Since they were tanks it was enough.
    We put 2 healers and 1 random dps on blue. Incase a healer gets the blue beam, then we just called in ventrilo for 1 dps name to step into the blue. It has to be a ranged dps tho.

Everyone else was on red beam.

The second color phase, lifedrain WILL come during this phase. The way we dealt with it in order to heal durumu as little as possible was to: STOP running around with red beam, ONLY focus on life drain until it's gone. Then continue with the color phase as normal.

Also, I used a macro as a healer that allowed me to put out the raid markers on the ground with the press of a button. The 5 different markers you can choose from being in a raid. The blue,yellow,red,green and purple one. So when the color phase would start, i would look where the red adds would spawn and mark them up each time so that we could get over with color phase ASAP.
    We 2 healed it.
    And remember, you don't need to care about the yellow beam, where you stand with it i mean. Since when it spawns it will just move in one direction slowly all the time. Make sure you tell the tanks to stand in it, and you're good.

That's how we did it.
    The macro is a very long one, not on my own computer atm so can't login and link it, but if you need/want this macro just reply to me in the thread or pm me and i'll link it tomorrow.
    Last edited by mmoc785098bf0a; 2013-05-11 at 11:55 PM.

Deleted
    Well we did it with 2tanks, 2 healers and 6 dps.
    Set it up with the main idea of tanks in yellow, healers in blue and dps in red.
    Healers calling out if they get red beam on them and ranged help out in blue.

The drain life can happen during that phase and it usually do during the second one.
    it can be abit tricky but if you're prepared for it coming people will learn after a few tries.

Deleted
    We have the tank in yellow alone, 3 healers and 1 dps in the blue, and 5 dps in red.

we put ranged dps in yellow with tank that is tanking boss, healers in blue and free tank and melee dps in red

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both tanks in yellow, 2 melees + 1 range + 1 healer in red, rest in blue. Just be sure to have all melees in red.

Yes, getting a drain during second Light spectrum is normal. Just name some people who are responsible for that. Two people in a color for a short time is absolutly healable. Just be sure to announce when Drain is about to come.

Deleted
    Tanks should be in yellow. If solo tanking then throw a melee DPS in there or just take the extra damage from soloing the beam. But preferably have 2 people in it.

Healers or ranged in blue, healers ideal.

Melee DPS and maybe some ranged in red, whatever you need to kill the red adds fast.

Yes you'll get life drain stun during that phase, you just deal with it as it comes. You only really need 6 people to soak beams, everything past that just splits damage more but it doesn't lower the total amount of damage taken. That technically leaves you 4 people open for life drain, communicate well and manage it. That's also what raid CDs are for.

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    we put ranged dps in yellow with tank that is tanking boss, healers in blue and free tank and melee dps in red
    Why would you put the ranged DPS who loses DPS from moving in yellow (which is constantly moving) and the tank who does little damage in the DPS-reliant red...?

Deleted
    I'll tell you how we do it, we killed durumu 2 weeks ago in ~15 tries, casual guild.

Red : Me (frost mage), + Melees (so melee can dps the add and me too)
    Yellow : Ranged dps because most of the time they'll be able to dps the red add too, and when they can't they'll dps the boss.
    Blue : 1 tank + 2 healers.

Last tank is kinda of a joker, an "in case of"

Communication is key. If, for example, I get focused by the blue beam, I immediatly call it, and someone from the blue beam calls he's taking my place into the red. Simples as that, but it needs to be clear and be done fast.

Have a person, on multiple person use the raid markers where red adds are. And maybe the blue add if needed.
    The most important thing is, everyone should know how every beam works, and where the adds are. Everyone HAVE TO pay attention to the smoke puffs a few seconds b efore this phase. It tells you where the adds are gonna be. If the red beam is handled well, this phase can be done in less than 20 seconds. If someone struggles with it, it can go on for a minute, maybe more.

We don't switch people for the 2nd (and 3rd) phase, the damage increased isnt high, and it complicate things for everyone. Gotta keep it simple.

Once this phase is handled well, the boss kill is very soon !

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Daleness View Post
    Well we did it with 2tanks, 2 healers and 6 dps.
    Set it up with the main idea of tanks in yellow, healers in blue and dps in red.
    Healers calling out if they get red beam on them and ranged help out in blue.

The drain life can happen during that phase and it usually do during the second one.
    it can be abit tricky but if you're prepared for it coming people will learn after a few tries.
    We did this same setup last night, 2T in yellow, 2H in Blue, 6 DPS in Red. Seem to go pretty smooth. One thing I noticed to be a bit of a problem and would like advice was when Drumu begins casting DL on 2nd Colorblind phase were those players being targeted right after with Force of Will? How does one move from the knock back cone, while stunned from the Life Drain, keep in mind the player that intercepts the LD beam has get between the eye and him, so then he is stuck in the FoW knock back? Has anyone else run across this problem as well, if so please help!!!! This happened 3x in a row and it is rather difficult to deal with Beams and LD when your down a raider in 10man content.

Thanks in advance,

Seelean

Quote Originally Posted by Seelean View Post
    How does one move from the knock back cone, while stunned from the Life Drain, keep in mind the player that intercepts the LD beam has get between the eye and him, so then he is stuck in the FoW knock back? Has anyone else run across this problem as well, if so please help!!!! This happened 3x in a row and it is rather difficult to deal with Beams and LD when your down a raider in 10man content.
    Don't bunch up around the person with the life drain.

You just need one person each time to run in and take it. If you're all standing in line behind them, you will get Force of Will on that area. Keep people away, and you should be fine.

We do tanks in yellow, melee in red, ranged in Blue and 1 heal in each. The healers are verbal about which color they have (if any), and if a melee gets blue, a ranged will take his place in red. We run with 2 melee and 3 ranged, so if a ranged gets red we don't need to do anything because there will still be 3 in blue. For the healing beam, we call out who it is on and what color they are in, and the others in that color will help. Do not worry about moving the red beam if the beam is cast on someone in red, just heal through the extra damage that you'll get because it took longer.

Another tip... If you aren't able to mark the red add locations have the red beam kiter run as close to the boss as possible and REALLY be on their toes. You can do a 360 around the boss in like 10 seconds if you're very close to him, so you can get out of this phase very quickly. You really just need to make sure that the red kiter is on their game so they don't overshoot the red add.

We do one dps + one healer(usually pala) in blue, one tank(not tanking boss paladin)+ one dps(melee) in yellow everybody besides current boss tank in red. Two heal two tank setup

We have all ranged assigned to yellow. Because ranged DPS can always hit the hidden mobs even if they are not in the red beam. Blue is for tanks (they can just sit on the boss). Red is for melees (obvious so they can also go for the mobs when one gets discovered).

Then we also assign 1 healer per beam - standard colors assigned before the start of the fight. Healers have to comunicate a little bit here because there should be one healer in every beam. They should also take care that there is always a sufficient amount of players inside the beam.

What's really important on this boss is that the red beam is moved as fast as possible without letting the mobs disappear. This is usually a wipe. You really really really want to stack per beam as close as possible to the boss.

On our first attempts we barely got the mobs down before disintegration beam appeared. Now with a lot more gear and routine we manage to have arround 30 seconds to integration beam after killing the last red add. This helps a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    We use 3 healers and 2 tanks. Tanks take yellow, all DPS takes the red beam, and the healers take the blue beam.

Slightly off topic - but have you guys ever noticed that sometimes the debuffs you get from standing in a colour sometimes reset themselves, and other times remain for the fights duration? Never understood what happens there.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

We have 1 tank, 3 heals, 2 melee dps, 4 ranged.

The general plan is to have the tanks and the offtank (playing melee dps) handle the yellow beam. If the offtank gets a beam, the other melee dps steps in. We have the healers plus one ranged dps sit in the blue beam. That's mainly to get more damage on the boss, as we had overkill on the adds. The rest of the dps go in the red beam.

With that split, we basically never have to rearrange on the fly. No matter where the beams get assigned we end up with a workable mix in each of the beams. The red and blue will each have at least 3 people, and at least 3 dps will be in red to kill adds. The only possible hangup would be both melee dps getting beams (red and blue), and then the tank would burn cooldowns until we got it straightened out.

A big key is the tank spotting the add flashes - we usually manage to start on one of the red adds, and then he can quickly direct us to the rest.

If we get a life drain in the red or yellow beams during it we'll shuffle blue beam people over to help out - blue beam just rotates among themselves if it happens.

Sorry I thought I was clear on my first post.
    1) you cannot move when Drain Life is on you due to stun
    2) you have to move in front to remove drain life from that player stunning the new player and allowing the first person to move out.

Regardless of the # of players if the drain life person is targeted (stun will always exist in that area) and Force of Will is cast on them, how does the last player to intercept the LD avoid the Force of Will? We are not stacking on the LD player, but simply having a player pop magic mitigation CD before intercepting (preferably a DK with AMS).

Please take a look at our video for a good example. One of our DKs pre-pops AMS than intercepts beam, and is targeted with FoW than stuck and blown off, we have tried this in different way on different attempt where another player would come in after FOW is targeted the DL, but they become stuned and than get knocked off the platform

This seems to be a lot of RNG like Tortos with rockfall, snapping bite and turtle in your proxy with no room to move. Aka it freaking sucks and is a random generated number (RNG) that is not in your favor.

Please find below partial hyper links to our logs and you tube video ( sorry MMO will not allow me to. Paste links yet).

Warning Explicit Language in this video:
    After YT dot com /#/watch?v=j52VqG0N22E
    Titled Reign's Best Drumu Attempt

Our logs for the night:
    After WoL dot com /reports/rt-w2mz5gopag1ney78/

Thank you,

Seelean (the guardian bear in the video, and raid leader)

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seelean View Post
    Sorry I thought I was clear on my first post.
    1) you cannot move when Drain Life is on you due to stun
    2) you have to move in front to remove drain life from that player stunning the new player and allowing the first person to move out.

Regardless of the # of players if the drain life person is targeted (stun will always exist in that area) and Force of Will is cast on them, how does the last player to intercept the LD avoid the Force of Will? We are not stacking on the LD player, but simply having a player pop magic mitigation CD before intercepting (preferably a DK with AMS).

Please take a look at our video for a good example. One of our DKs pre-pops AMS than intercepts beam, and is targeted with FoW than stuck and blown off, we have tried this in different way on different attempt where another player would come in after FOW is targeted the DL, but they become stuned and than get knocked off the platform

This seems to be a lot of RNG like Tortos with rockfall, snapping bite and turtle in your proxy with no room to move. Aka it freaking sucks and is a random generated number (RNG) that is not in your favor.

Please find below partial hyper links to our logs and you tube video ( sorry MMO will not allow me to. Paste links yet).

Warning Explicit Language in this video:
    After YT dot com /#/watch?v=j52VqG0N22E
    Titled Reign's Best Drumu Attempt

Our logs for the night:
    After WoL dot com /reports/rt-w2mz5gopag1ney78/

Thank you,

Seelean (the guardian bear in the video, and raid leader)
    YT = You Tube (sorry if no one understood)
    WoL = World of Logs

1T 3H here.

What we did was assign everyone a buddy, and only had two people in the beams per phase. If on an off chance the buddies got differing beams they simply called out on vent and we had people jump in with them.

As for the DL, we just had those not in beams rotate it. Also, don't underestimate the value of an MS effect on Durumu during this time.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it