Page 1 of 2
LastLast

It Saddens me to know players like this exist...too many in fact.

i stopped going on the WoW sites forums (outside realm forums) back in 2008ish, mainly cause of seeing stuff like this

"forced" to do pet battles and brawlers guild?....for acheivements!?

i feel sorry for blizzard sometimes, i would go nuts being a CM and seeing stuff like this far too often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I mean. some achievements aren't even DOABLE anymore. Many are feats of strength. Do those people lose sleep over not being able to go back in time?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I don't understand who is forcing them to do pet battle achvs..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I don't understand who is forcing them to do pet battle achvs..
    Compulsion. I got the same but then I never directly disliked any of those things that are listed in the blue. If you're a collector you feel like you should get them and even if you don't like it you just do it. I had the same with Battlemaster I went through phases. Did loads at one point then for literally over a year I couldn't join a BG it hurt so much. Then I needed some more achi points so I spam queued EOTS solidly for a few days and finished it off. Was painful but tada.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's the OCD of not having the achievement. They're angry that blizzard is putting in achievements for things they don't like.

It's sort of like... You make a promise to eat every donut flavor, and then someone puts out donuts that aren't delicious.

Stop eating so many donuts, jeez.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    You can make the case for dailies and scenarios and i would say pet battles for coins (it's actually alot faster and less annoying then shitty dailies). I have no idea why he felt compelled to do brawlers point. I get the feeling that was probably a troll or just sarcasm. FALSE FLAG POST. BOHEMIAN GROVE CONSPIRACY TO GET RID OF WOW ACHIEVES.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Ah yes, PvP.. the sole reason I'll never get all achievements. I'm a collector at heart, but I won't do things that would make me throw my PC out the window (or worse).
    People need to realize it's just a game and that everything is optional, even levelling. There, I said it, you don't need to be higher than level 1 to have fun in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you're forced to do scenarios or dailies either.

I don't do them and my gear is just fine.

People greatly abuse the use of force when qqing. You do run into a large amount of adhd types of players that feel the need or strong urge to do everything and get beyond upset when they cannot, due to skill or an issue with the game. Then again this could just be one of the many ppl that like to piss and moan about any feature in the game that they can regardless of how much they really like it or if they ever do it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

someone can't read sarcasm...
    The first and second tweet are not from the same person. The second one clearly is sarcastic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet battles and brawler's guild is more fun than raiding to me

its rly nice from time to time to put yourself in blizzards shoes - from i bet a million idiotic tickets GMs get per month to devs having to deal with imbeciles and obscene requests makes you appreciate their work.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes! you must raise your epeen number on world of warcraft by playing pokemans or someone will MURDER YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY

We're all forced into it folks! Oh noesss

There's an amazing attitude over in GW2 as well; some people will do all of the dailies, just to get their achievement points as high as possible (dailies are tied to the achievement system and grant achievement points). When they increased the PvP daily requirements, the amount of whining on the forums was... Well, quite something. The difference was maybe one battle's worth of objectives/kills.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    someone can't read sarcasm...
    The first and second tweet are not from the same person. The second one clearly is sarcastic...
    It might've been, but there are people who legitimately have that attitude out there.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

i cba to quests/profession achis but i got pretty much eveyr pvp/pve achi but i dont think they force me xD

retard mentalily from dumb players only.. dont even bother

Deleted
    If someone feels forced to do content for achievements; then they are forcing themselves. I don't get the whole "I am forced to do this" thing. MMOs create content that tries to appeal to a variety of different players enjoying different things, from farming to questing to levelling alts to running small groups to raiding to pvp... most people are not going to enjoy every single possible aspect of an MMO, especially one as large and varied as WoW. If you're an achievement hound who does things because it's important to you to get every single achievement, then you're forcing yourself, no one else is. I personally was one of those people; I did a lot of content I didn't enjoy to get achievements - but I enjoyed getting the achievement which made it worth it, and I never, ever tried to blame anyone else for it, that just makes no sense to me.

Deleted
    That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

The second one is clearly sarcastic, the first, however, is quite sad.

Deleted
    My lock is almost 500 ilvl ( stopped gearing ) And i haven't done 1 single dungeon , scen on it. Yes i did it for the green fire. So saying you are "forced" to do something is bullshit :P Yes i also hate those forums.

Deleted
    Achievements isn't something WoW invented. In most other games (mostly single players on console) it's indeed the maindish in the game to get all the achievements in there. That guy in the bnet forum is just a >>casual<< (someone who is not a core wow player and knows how core gamers play the game) calling it out for you.