Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I remember when I was 13 and thought saying things like this made me sound deep too.
    Yup - been there myself. :P

Then I learned to turn off the TV and look outside my window instead. THAT is reality - not the window in the TV. The TV just shows you clips of what other people want you to see. Going outside, you get to control the content you get to see - and there's a whole lot more out there than "gloom and doom" ^_^

Deleted
    directly contradicting yourself when you just wrote that anything can be light/dark
    Dark "as unknown" and not evil or good, which doesn't have anything to do with perspectives sorry if it was unclear.

You should also be careful about what you declare to be beyond comprehension and science. Declaring anything without proof or insight will make your mind ignorant and biased.
    We have psychology and neurology, and still i've never heard of any explanations about what causes consciousness and how it works, but you can prove me wrong anytime.
    Last edited by mmoc91d64eeb5d; 2013-05-13 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltneu View Post
    We have psychology and neurology, and still i've never heard of any explanations about what causes consciousness and how it works, but you can prove me wrong anytime.
    I don't have to disprove you. By making the bold claim that scientists will never fully comprehend what consciousness is, puts the burden of proof on you. Asking questions, then putting vague answers, calling it fact and calling for other people to disprove you does not make you right. It makes you an ignorant idiot who will readily accept any and all answers with the basis that we do not yet know, followed by ''you cannot prove me wrong''.

I would also prefer if you quoted the entirety of my response. One could easily be accused of quote mining, often used as a last resort by people with no evidence to support their claim.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted
    True true life is dark and hard. But not everything is. Sometimes you get swallowed deep into the darkness that you forget the life. Plenty of example to give the world isn't fucked yet.

This is true. My life is a spiraling black hole, only to grow deeper. This world is true darkness, never ending and eternal. Always...... and....... fivever.............

Maybe you should quit being a negative nancy and look at all the positive too.
    Last edited by muto; 2013-05-13 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I think life sucks all I need to do to realize how shitty things were just 100 years ago.

We have air conditioners!!!!
    I like sandwiches

Compared to the technology and philosophical works we have at our disposal, the world is a very ugly mess as a whole. It´s not that it is dark, but it´s filled with too much stupidity and individual egoism.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have darkness than having the world burn...

All jokes aside, don't be a pessimist, there's also good stuff, like fluffy kittens and cute puppies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Pros: Love and food.
    Cons: A lot more things.

So we can easily conclude that the pros outweigh the cons.
    Food right? I'm serious. Food, damnit, why... why? I'm trying to get a beach body for the summer... There's no counter to it.
    Medium/rare steak, baked potatoes, mushrooms, peppers and sauce or gravy. I wouldn't even notice a nuclear holocaust.
    I think food is the most advanced scientific field.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    I was highly disappointed when your link didn't include anything related to the hentai series "Bible Black" or "Starless".

Fuck you for getting my hopes up >:-(

some people act as if "terrorism" and "death" is a recent abnormality. there was terrorism, assassinations, and more people died just a few centuries ago than today. yeah, we have wars going on right now, and there are bombings and school shootings, and those things really are awful and it sucks for the families who deal with their loved ones dying. but we still have a much more peaceful era than we did in the past.

Deleted
    Not true, plenty of lights on in my town at the moment.

:P

But no, you just think only bad things happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad I'm playing kingdom hearts again... the title made me think of it... die your heartless scum!
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

fucking middle schoolers.