Question [Ret PVP] What if ... the old cata Sacred Shield made it's way back ?

I don't really remember the way it worked except the fact it was a passive ability starting at 25-30 % of health.

But reading :

" Could replace current talent with the Cataclysm Sacred Shield and give the current one to Prot baseline I guess."

Do you think the old Sacred Shield in a individual survival perspective (not in terms of utility) would compete with Selfless Healer ?

Deleted
    I hope they don't force us to choose between SH and cata SS. Ret needs some form of survivability in between of its current survivability and divine shield, especially something that can be used during stuns since we're so vulnerable dying in a single stun sometimes.

if you're usually the nuke target it would certainly be better than SH. it probably depends on your comp and what not but it's definitely not SH saving your ass when your opponents get a good setup and manage to remove your bubble together with their burst. heck, you could even get away with saving bubble. I still die from thinking I can survive a rogue/other bursty dps opener because I bubble too late, not understanding when I'm forced to using it.

too bad they gave our old SS to priests. will make it unlikely we'll see it return to ret.

IF they kept the current SS for prot, I'd be OK with the old SS coming back as a talent. Esp if it increased healing received (like it used to), as it would be a great addition to Prot PVE and Ret PVE/PVP. Missing out on SH would be rough for 2s/3s, but this would be great for deterring training the ret (or at least slowing it down some), as long as it's not dispellable.

It'd probably be even more annoying to try and kill a HPal now, though...which sucks: Get him low, SS -> topped off. Get him low again, Bubble -> topped off. Get him low again, SS back up....
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Crayo View Post
    I hope they don't force us to choose between SH and cata SS. Ret needs some form of survivability in between of its current survivability and divine shield, especially something that can be used during stuns since we're so vulnerable dying in a single stun sometimes.
    Why wouldn't they do this? Its perfect

Oh hey, heard you needed a buff so we'll give you the cata SS back, but since we cant just give you a buff you'll have to sacrifice something for it. In this case selfless healer.

How to fix SS:

-Firstly, make it a baseline ability and replace the talent with something new.
    If you are Protection spec, you keep the current one (WotLK model)
    If you are Retribution you get the Cata one, which is really only useful for PVP.

Honestly, I hated the Cata version. Then again I always play Prot. They already took my Holy Shield..then they took my Sacred Shield T_T

And if they just go back to the Cata version for all: Give me Holy Shield (tBC version!) back, at least
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old SS whould help a LOT on survival.

1) Make Divine Prot usable silenced/stuned OR remove some type of CC, then
    2) 1min CD Blinding Light,
    3) Instant Repentance
    4) 2min Devotion aura OR make it last for 10 secs,
    5) Bring back the Glyph of Magic BoP

That for Ret only.

Then:

1) Emancipate
    2) Absolve
    3) Better movement (maybe a glyph) for some kind of leap/interevene

For PROT PVP as FC.

And Paladins are golden for PVP.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Tank FC is dead in 5.3. Embrace your new Demo Lock overlords.

Plus they'll never give all that to prot, or ret...at least not without gutting other things.

Since they're worried that Prot takes SS 99.9% of the time, just GIVE it to Prot, and put in the Cata SS as the talent, pref scales with AP > SP, so as not to make Holy invincible. Good enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    5) Bring back the Glyph of Magic BoP
    Was this ever a thing? Even on PTR I don't remember it

Wouldn't that just make it another bubble aside from maybe certain CC's?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    3) Better movement (maybe a glyph) for some kind of leap/interevene
    Honestly, what I'd like to see is them get rid of Speed of Light, and change Pursuit of Justice a little bit.

As an alternative I'd say make it/have it as;

Long Arm of the Law- On Demand movement increase.

[New Spell] Something of the Light - You turn into the light and in a cool graphic, appear at your target. Gap Closer.

Pursuit of Justice- For each Holy Power you have, you gain 5% movement speed increase, allowing an additional 2, for a maximum of 5 total. You also have the passive 20% movement speed buff.

Regardless of talent, you'd get a 5% movement speed increase for each holy power you have, up to 3.

I like the idea of the choice of on use movement speed increase, on use gap closer, and then a passive increase.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-05-13 at 10:15 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on the numbers (cooldown,absorb amount,increased healing taken) old SS could be very useful. I would definitely give it a try.
    Honestly, what I'd like to see is them get rid of Speed of Light, and change Pursuit of Justice a little bit.
    I think tier 1 needs some reworking. Long arm seems to work. Im not a fan of poj mechanic i think id be better to make it just a passive 20-25% increase. Speed of Light is where they could get creative. Imo it should last like 2 seconds and give super-speed and have 25-30sec cd.

I can't see why you would want another 30 second cd to monitor, Why is the only damage spec in the class built around being a half ass healer design.

PVE: You wont be able to keep 100% uptime with SS,

PvP: Not even close to SH instant flash on T-mates, also without SH you are only left with 1 healing spell (WoG) which is not powerful enough alone to keep up T-mates

Buffing SS and keeping it as a talent is taking a step backward, if it were made baseline or SH was made baseline for ret,

Ret is still in limbo suffering from a design flaw identity crisis, after being stripped of mandatory talents the spec needed like: stun reduction, 20% cast speed reduction, PoJ, Repentance, DPurpose, Gutted AoE and many many more. IT'S A SHADOW OF ITS OLDSELF