Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You can now experience the entirety of World of Warcraft, in every aspect, as a single player, without EVER interacting with any other player.

That's just absolutely pathetic considering it's an MMORPG.

Now? It's a online single player with optional grouping. Sad sad sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Underwolf View Post
    Finally some confession!
    Countless people have been saying since WotLK days that Bliz has sent the community down the drain, turning it into the cesspool it is today, and that's the main underlying problem. This confession will hopefully bring some closure and maybe, just maybe, some solution. At least they know what they did, so there is hope.
    it´s the communitys fault that it has become what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    LFR is not enforced. You can choose to not run LFR and avoid playing with groups of 25 strangers. This system is there for people who don't have that option, who play casually and simply want to experience the content. The system may feel flawed for some people (for obvious reasons) but the complaint that it's the only option and that Blizzard is forcing you is a complete fallacy. You still have the option of 10-man and 25-man normal raids with people you actually know.

Also your parallel of making it necessary from leveling up is already implemented in the game as Looking for Dungeon, where you're 'forced' to group with 4 other people.
    25 man raiding is more or less dead because it's more trouble than it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    it´s the communitys fault that it has become what it is now.
    People are the product of their environment.

wrong. ive done time...

and you either "do you time like a man" grin and bear it.

OR

be a bitch, whine complain, and be miserable - blame your situation on everything and everyone else except yourself

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You can now experience the entirety of World of Warcraft, in every aspect, as a single player, without EVER interacting with any other player.

That's just absolutely pathetic considering it's an MMORPG.

Now? It's a online single player with optional grouping. Sad sad sad.
    Do you think every game without forced manual grouping is an online single player game with optional grouping, or just WoW? Because I'm getting real sick of this attitude of acting like if it has automatic grouping, those people, somehow, become non-human robots because they're not your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Erm... Getalife, that's actually what happens in jail in a way
    wrong. ive done time...

OR

be a bitch, whine complain, and be miserable - blame your situation on everything and everyone else except yourself, which is what the WOW COMMUNITY is all about. Being a douche. AND if you be a bitch in jail or prison people will GIVE YOU AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT REALLY QUICK.

Quote Originally Posted by getalife View Post
    wrong. ive done time...

OR

be a bitch, whine complain, and be miserable - blame your situation on everything and everyone else except yourself
    If I send you to a desert it's not your fault if you die of dehydration.

I think the fact that you don't have to tie yourself to a guild anymore to enjoy the game is awesome indeed. The more someone can do by himself whenever he wants the better. I can't believe some people actually disagree with this. Nobody's forcing people who want to be tied to guilds and whatnot to change their ways.

truth, deal with it. rationalize all you want.

As much as I usually support Blizzard, doesn't that really defeat the whole purpose of a MMO? I feel that they might be getting a little desperate with the loss of subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Do you think every game without forced manual grouping is an online single player game with optional grouping, or just WoW? Because I'm getting real sick of this attitude of acting like if it has automatic grouping, those people, somehow, become non-human robots because they're not your friends.
    When such game is an MMORPG, and you can experience it ENTIRELY (PvE, PvP, BGs, Raiding, Scenarios, leveling, outdoor faction tag bosses, etc), without ever, and i mean EVER interacting with any other player (and i mean any sort of interaction, talking, etc), yes, i find it absolutely absurd, considering it's supposed to be an MMORPG. The game thrived on its community\realm sense, now? That's non-existent. No wonder it's declining. Hell, you can even get legendaries now.

Give me an example of ANY OTHER MMORPG like so, because sadly, i think WoW is at the vanguard of this absurd notion. Most are queue\grouping friendly, but World of Warcraft just takes the cake...
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2013-05-13 at 05:15 PM.

Its just poor wording, the devs really have to be careful how they put things these days.

Do you need friends in order to do anything in wow now? Nope, you can do it all alone. but just because you can doesn't mean you shouldn't try to socialize in wow with other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    If I send you to a desert it's not your fault if you die of dehydration.
    If we send you to a party and you don't talk to anyone. Whos fault is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think this truly underscores what is wrong with WoW, and it has nothing to do with this statement (which is a bit mangled of intent, to be sure). WoW's greater community has *always* been about the path of least resistance and maximal gain, to the exclusion of pretty much everything else. The systems Blizzard added to bypass the often onerous requirements to running instances and/or raiding had the dual effect of decimating the community aspect of the game because we, as a whole, chose to do that. Nothing actively prevents us from doing things as they had always been done... organically forming groups, helping out our fellow players, etc. etc. We simply choose to queue up and fly around Orgrimmar in silence for 10 minutes while waiting because its easier for us - it saves time, minimizes effort, and ultimately asks nothing of us until that queue warning pops.
    This can't be said enough. This as well to those who constantly complain about a lack of community, etc. and the terrible things that LFD/LFR has done to the game: How many dungeon groups have you put together recently in Trade or the Looking for Group channel as an effort to have your realm community that you care so much about become more tightly knit? Community takes work. Community takes organizing. Community needs outreach. Who's taking the time and doing the work to do that?

I know some are. Cenarion Circle has a ton of this and other good RP servers as well. But it takes people and commitment. It's easy to talk the talk. If you want your realm to be a better place to play then do something about it. Put together dungeon groups and LFR runs for those that are ungeared and could use some help. Stop calling one another names and labeling one another and act as if you might be open to the idea of meeting random strangers, some of whom will be worse players than you believe yourself to be. It won't happen unless people go after it.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    If we send you to a party and you don't talk to anyone. Whos fault is that?
    Mine. But you will find that I am quite a confident person so I have no problem with that.

However, WoW isn't a party. People don't play WoW to meet other people anymore so your analogy is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    As much as I usually support Blizzard, doesn't that really defeat the whole purpose of a MMO? I feel that they might be getting a little desperate with the loss of subs.
    pretty mucn this. 'Massive Multiplayer online role playing game', thats what it stands for, and the multi player aspect is what makes it that.

They removed the social aspect of the game when they removed the need for people to 'get to know' other people and 'make friends' with them.
    I don't think it's as big a deal as you're making it out to be.

People have been running pickup groups (read: without friends) with strangers since Vanilla. All they did was give them a tool to automate the process. the "but we didn't insert anything in place" comment was referring to the fact that there was no real system for identifying or combating toxic attitudes.

There's still plenty of ways to get to know people outside your clique. Heroic Scenarios, RBG's, Regular and Heroic Raids, and Challenge modes all still require you to build a group by hand. (either by combing your guild, friends list, or trade for players.)

Just because some aspects of the game cater to solo players, doesn't make the game any less massively-multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Really, it takes a determined effort to misunderstand anyone this profoundly.
    The only people who misunderstood anything in this thread are the ones who are defending Blizzard in the assumed statement that they like the game not requiring other people to see all content. It's irony... they assume that the OP implies something, which it doesn't, then read the Blizzquote and instantly decide to defend whatever was said, without realizing that Blizzard is actually acknowledging that it was bad game design to implement LFR and LFD like they did -without- adding social incentives to compensate.
    The cheapest form of pride is national pride. The man who possesses outstanding personal qualities will rather see most clearly the faults of his own nation, for he has them constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool, who has nothing in the world whereof he could be proud, resorts to being proud of the very nation to which he belongs. In this he finds compensation and is now ready and thankful to defend, … all the faults and follies peculiar to it. - Schopenhauer

Mine. But you will find that I am quite a confident person so I have no problem with that.

However, WoW isn't a party. People don't play WoW to meet other people anymore so your analogy is flawed.
    But people do socialize in wow also still, it all comes down to what you want to do, and nowadays people are are presented with the option of either doing so or not.

Speak for yourself. This is one of the main reasons I play wow. I have meet many good people on it also.

If you want to be social the tools are there for you to be social.

If you want to be a loner the tools are there to be a loner.

In the end it is YOUR choice.