Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Restoration impass point.

    Yesterday my guild started working on Animus in 25hc mode and i think i've finally reached a point where it was physically impossible to squeeze anything more from my class (like i did in every other encounter in the past) in order to make it viable. I'm usually pretty cool about my class being missed out on the blues and stuff but i guess the frustration gathering throughout the expansion just had to burst eventually. I am sick with blizzard telling me that my spec is "just fine" because it's clearly not when i'm working thrice as hard as other healers and i cannot even get anywhere near them. I didn't want to be considered a mana totem so i didn't go for full spirit and it worked quite well for half of the content. Restoration isn't okay. It's terrible, and i want to state it very clearly so im bolding the shit out of the next statement.

    Restoration throughput is where it should be, however the healing toolkit is severely lacking spread healing tools.

    My rage thread got banned from the official forums in less than half of an hour ;D. So to sum up: Healing rain is a terrible spell. It's like a chain with a ball. Chain heal is not quite as bad but it's crying with tears of blood for buffs to the jump range or an entire overhaul of the spell. Usually even if you manage to get 5-10 ppl standing it seems like the spell is doing fine. And i'd like to stress out the word "standing" because on primordius they simply walk out of the stupid circle. Hah but Primordius was an intersection between maegera and HELL. The real hell begins when you start healing animus. It's a fucking nightmare. You can't get more than 2-4 ppl in your healing rain. Even if you do they will probably move out in a mere moment. Chain heal - don't even bother it's terrible there. So to sum up: Our two, most powerful, core, healing spells are useless. Riptide has become somewhat obsolete since heart of fear. It's still useful as a instant healing spell so if you put the glyph on you get uhh something like a rejuvenation cast when your gear is broken? What makes up for 40 % of our healing is simply totems and cooldowns, whilst monk is just pressing uplift and spamming renewing mist (frustration LEVEL UP!)\

    Help me out here, i like pouring champagne on motherfuckers from my guild it's just becoming so awkward, obsolete and useless. Don't bother with the "we bring utility and mana tide" cause i don't care anymore. I don't even find any other classes interesting enough to reroll so i might just as well quit.

    Don't bother answering if you haven't read the ENTIRE post.
    Last edited by Puhree; 2013-05-13 at 09:46 AM.

  2. #2
    I feel your pain.

    Unfortunately it does seem to be that we have gotten to the point that we are just mana batteries for the other healers.

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,204
    I agree Resto Shaman are just 100% broken and instead of fixing the glaring issues that the community was very vocal about in Cata are still here and even a little worse because of all the cooldowns we have.

    Resto will stay a manatide on fights where we can't group the whole fight unless they get a major overhaul.

  4. #4
    i'm working thrice as hard as other healers and i cannot even get anywhere near them.
    Maybe you're doing it wrong?

  5. #5
    What bothers me is that because of strong burst healing and stacked healing, our single target spells are weak. To me, this is wrong-sided design. I'd rather have stronger single target heals that are supported by less potent cooldowns and stacked healing, rather than the other way around.

    We didn't get HTT buffed with Priest, Druid and Monk CDs because it's an "optional" talent and Blizz didn't want to buff a talent. Never mind that HTT is mandatory.

    Resto Shaman are more viable in 25 because there are more people to benefit from HR and CH, which seriously nerfs us in 10m. I don't think any other healer suffers that distinction of raid size hindering performance.

  6. #6
    High Overlord cakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    157
    Things could be worse. You could be a Resto Druid right now.

    But I agree. Your class hasn't be amazing since ICC and it always seems like Shaman's are neglected.

  7. #7
    I share your pain

    We are progressing in Animus HC 25 and it is such a pain .... it was 3 discs 1 Holy Pala a resto druid and me, even though i was the only healer tanking a thingie it is just painful to see that the druid and me are on pair of the paladin tank ... while the discs and holy paladin are doing 20% of healing and druid and me are on 6 - 5% ( and overhealing as well ofc ).

    One thing i did yesterday for animus that improved a bit my throughput was trying out the riptide glyph and blanketing my side. And ofc in last phase we are bunched behind boss so it is a bit better to use cooldowns there We got it to 30% so hopefully next week it will be down.

    For me twins and animus are the worst for resto shamans by far sadly -.-

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    What bothers me is that because of strong burst healing and stacked healing, our single target spells are weak. To me, this is wrong-sided design. I'd rather have stronger single target heals that are supported by less potent cooldowns and stacked healing, rather than the other way around.

    We didn't get HTT buffed with Priest, Druid and Monk CDs because it's an "optional" talent and Blizz didn't want to buff a talent. Never mind that HTT is mandatory.

    Resto Shaman are more viable in 25 because there are more people to benefit from HR and CH, which seriously nerfs us in 10m. I don't think any other healer suffers that distinction of raid size hindering performance.
    You are wrong, resto druids get seriously weaker in 25 mans, all their spells are made for 10 mans, and is still dependant on not having a disc priest in the raid for 10 mans.
    All our spells work for 1-7 targets, and we can't keep up with other healers at all, we are getting a couple of buffs at least though in next patch, but we did last patch too, didn't help. Still at the same healing level as a monk/paladin with 20-25 ilvls below me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyeranth View Post
    Why dont we just have thrall and Malfurion whip it out and someone can measure and then we can be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    We know Deathwing's plan perfectly well.
    Bang Alexstrasza and Ysera
    Do lines of coke and have a bitchin' party for next ten thousand years

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmastarn View Post
    Maybe you're doing it wrong?
    Oh believe me how i wish that was even remotely true. Even if world of logs was the only determinant of how good a player is, i would be considered one of the best players in the world thanks to how often i rank 1-20.

  10. #10
    i would be considered one of the best players in the world thanks to how often i rank 1-20.
    What's your character's name?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmastarn View Post
    What's your character's name?
    I have a strong feeling that you didn't quite fully understood my point. I might've exaggerated that a lot (keep that in mind please xD, i was just trying to make a point) , but if im able to rank very high on most progression fights that means the possibility that i'm doing something very wrong in terms of pumping raw throughput is extremely low.

    My character name is Ambulance on Burning Legion EU server.

    And "working twice as hard and not getting anywhere near them" might also be exaggerated :|. To be precise: On 90 % fights i'm usually 10-20% behind monks or priests depending on how good absorbs are on a particular fight. Which means i did put my healing tide properly and kept enough people in my healing rain.

    Please keep in mind we're discussing pure throughput numbers here and not actual performance as a healer who is trying to keep everyone alive ( including tanks ! ;] )

    Still it's not THE CORE problem here. (numbers)

    The problem is the healing toolkit which doesn't allow us to be a competitive (not only in terms of pure numbers) healer, especially in 10 man environments

    May i add that even in 25 man on this fight (Dark Animus heroic) restoration shaman's toolkit (or the lack of it?) doesn't allow us to get farther than 70 % of other healers meters.

    Seems like blizzard is trying to put us into a niche that is group healing. Which means we should be better at stacked fights and worse on spread fights. And that would be okay if the difference scale wasn't so fucking fundamentally enormous.
    Last edited by Puhree; 2013-05-13 at 02:20 PM.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    no worries I bet that Gasmastarn hasn't even tried Animus Hc 25 ever ....I am as frustrated as in Firelands and Baleroc or Raggy hc ...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    how relieving. hmmm

  15. #15
    Hello, I apologize for my English in advance. I play resto shaman from tbc, and this is a bad time for us. I play in 10 HC Swedish guild and I understand your frustration, we are useless and underpower. On dark animus HC i was under tank hps...Also, I can't kill shen HC for obvious reasons. Next tier probably i'm going to reroll hpala/disc or just quit the game,i'm tired of mop class balance
    Last edited by keyblade9891; 2013-05-13 at 02:56 PM.

  16. #16
    no worries I bet that Gasmastarn hasn't even tried Animus Hc 25 ever
    Nope, I haven't. I've killed it on 10 man though and I agree that's it's a completely shit fight for resto shamans.

    And I don't think resto shamans are in a good spot right now, especially not in 10 man. I just thought the "i'm working thrice as hard as other healers and i cannot even get anywhere near them"-bit was kind of weird. But seeing as that was an intended exaggeration from the OP, there's really not more to be said.
    Last edited by Gasmastarn; 2013-05-13 at 03:47 PM.

  17. #17
    The problem with the "stacked healing niche" concept is that if you are going to make Shaman as awful as we are at spread healing, we have every right to be expect to be dominant at stacked AoE healing. Unfortunately, that is not the case right now. Monks, Paladins and Disc Priests can keep up with us and often top us for stacked AoE, and Holy Priests are not that far behind. The only time Shaman really pull ahead is on stacked AoE healing when the raid is dipping to very low health levels. That just does not happen very often (even on 25H progression) with the amount of absorbs present and with how powerful raid cooldowns are. Raid cooldowns are getting even stronger next patch (although Shaman are being left out). In most cases, we are about even with other classes on a stacked raid and by far the weakest on a spread raid - that is not fair or reasonable class balance in any way.

    We are also going to be absolutely trivialized by the Tranq/DH/Revival buffs in 5.3 to the point of losing much of the utility and viability that we currently have. HTT will go from being a strong CD that can be built into CD rotations to a weak cooldown that is weaker than every other similar CD. Outside of very specific/situational uses, SLT is already weaker than ever other raid mitigation CD. Most progression fights are built around cooldown rotations, and we are going to be left with cooldowns that are considered weak and not strong enough to be used in a CD rotation. As soon as that happens, Resto Shaman are the least desirable healer. It isn't like we have the throughput dominance to make up for it like Firelands Resto Druids; the only reason you will want a Shaman is for MTT or Ancestral Vigor. With meta gems and gear scaling making MTT not nearly as critical, it won't be reason enough, and AV is only particularly strong on some fights. On top of that, it really isn't difficult to predict that our throughput is going to drop 10-20% relative to Druids, Holy Priests and Monks and will be clearly at the bottom of the barrell.

  18. #18
    Totally agree with Tibbee, that is a spot-on analysis.
    Sadly I don't expect any changes to be made until the next expansion.

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Finland
    Posts
    443
    We have alot of smart heals, but when the spread raid dips low all we have is cooldowns for it. We COULD have a second resource that stacks up, then press a button that AoE heals/shields ppl. Then wed be a paladin?

  20. #20
    http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/...ion/ambulance/

    You're ok but i think you exaggerate just how good you are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •