Thread: Weapon Advice.

Weapon Advice.

Basically my mage has 2 options for weapons as fire atm, Heroic Thunderforged Dinomancer's Spiritbinding Spire or Heroic Venomlord's Totemic Wand + Normal Lei-Shen's Orb of Command. The ilvl difference is obvious but i gain 800crit using the lower ilvl combination. I simmed both options and the staff came out ahead by about 2500 dps. I apologize if its an obvious answer but i have been playing this mage since January and i'm not completely sure what i'm doing haha. Thank you for your help!

Armory is Niquelol on US-Deathwing

Deleted
    Not doing very well at reading!

Ignore me!

I guess i should have named the thread more appropriately but i figure while im here if anyone has any tips and tricks for heroic primordius 25man that would be great thank you.

Our Logs from our first night of attempts: wwwworldoflogscom/reports/rt-ns75j42qbqgvgcat/analyze/dd/source/?enc=wipes&target=30&boss=69017

Deleted
    Stat priority will answer your question: Intellect > Spell power > Crit > Haste >= Mastery

The higher iLevel has more Intellect probably than the lower level offhand even with the intellect enchant on it, resulting in the higher dps

Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    Stat priority will answer your question: Intellect > Spell power > Crit > Haste >= Mastery

The higher iLevel has more Intellect probably than the lower level offhand even with the intellect enchant on it, resulting in the higher dps
    Cool thank you, that sounds like it should have been obvious sorry im not very good at this toon lol. I think subconciously i was just tired of seeing a staff on my back

Two things

1 - Don't use Simcraft, it's broken. Haste will weigh higher on most sims (Except for heavy movement, just barely) than crit. There's no point that is currently reachable that haste will be better than crit. The only time you would want to worry about haste, is if it's near an extra tic on a DoT.

2. Don't worry about the ilvl from the off-hand. When 5.3 comes, you can easily offset the difference a bit by upgrading it, along with the wand.

Go with MH/OH.
    Last edited by Monstercloud; 2013-05-17 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Two things

1 - Don't use Simcraft, it's broken. Haste will weigh higher on most sims (Except for heavy movement, just barely) than crit. There's no point that is currently reachable that haste will be better than crit. The only time you would want to worry about haste, is if it's near an extra tic on a DoT.

2. Don't worry about the ilvl from the off-hand. When 5.3 comes, you can easily offset the difference a bit by upgrading it, along with the wand.

Go with MH/OH.
    Hmm..

I'd say 549 staff is still better than 543 MH + 530 OH

Yeah, I think that too, the sp difference coming from ilvl difference between hc tf and hc weapon + the intellect is just too much to pass on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hero TF is just too strong not to use.. even with shitty itemizations.

Spell power FTW.

Def staff. If you can get your hands on a heroic tforged wand, then go mh oh, but if not, staff is the best bet.

Thanks all, i didn't want to make another thread so hopefully this is okay but if anyone could like give me some pointers for Heroic Primordius that would be great. My guild is progressing on that fight atm and we put in like 20 attempts last night, hit enrage only once with the boss at like 3%. Probably would have had more attempts like that but apparently the black oozes are too complicated for our 3rd tank lol.

Our Logs from our first night of attempts: wwwworldoflogscom/reports/rt-ns75j42qbqgvgcat/analyze/dd/source/?enc=wipes&target=30&boss=69017

*if i need to make a new thread for this sorry*

Quote Originally Posted by Nique0308 View Post
    Thanks all, i didn't want to make another thread so hopefully this is okay but if anyone could like give me some pointers for Heroic Primordius that would be great. My guild is progressing on that fight atm and we put in like 20 attempts last night, hit enrage only once with the boss at like 3%. Probably would have had more attempts like that but apparently the black oozes are too complicated for our 3rd tank lol.

*if i need to make a new thread for this sorry*
    The way we do it is to have mages and hunters burn down black oozes as they come out, so we only have one up at a time. We 2 tank, and every third ooze is a tank swap. As far as tips that are not based on strategy, dot up black oozes, dont run over extra pools but know where they are so you can regain mutation as soon as it falls off, hope for good mutations.

Thanks Grumash. I had an attempt where i got 3 mastery buffs and 2 crit buffs for the first transformation so i just switched to mage armor and i got some retardedly high combustion. Is switching to mage armor at that point a pro strat or am i trying too hard and actually gimping myself by using that gcd? I think it was our 10th wipe.

Edit: oh i can post links now yay :http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4854&e=5267
    Last edited by Nique; 2013-05-17 at 06:18 PM. Reason: link

The attempt I looked at you seem to be doing significantly more damage to living fluids than your other mages. If you just want to pump out more boss damage you could slack there and get more GCDS on boss if enrage is a problem while letting your locks/spriests take care of living fluids. You could also qq for more destro lock and less affliction lol
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-05-17 at 11:12 PM.

Sup Nique!

@Weapon Choice - Staff is clearly better. That much ilvl >> secondary stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nique0308 View Post
    Probably would have had more attempts like that but apparently the black oozes are too complicated for our 3rd tank lol.
    Have all your ranged switch to Viscous Horrors and just kill them ASAP. It's not DPS-optimal but you're a lot more likely to get the kill if if you can make it to the berserk and refine your strategy from there rather than wiping early in the fight because the Big Oozes are blowing up on the boss.

Once everyone has their first Fully Evolved, just have warlocks, spriests and ele shamans kill the little oozes. You should focus on nuking the Big Oozes and Primordius. If your warlocks aren't destro they're idiots.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!

Hey Mini fancy meeting you here lol.
    Yeah i think i was just tired of having a staff on my back
    Our warlocks have a knack for playing...not the best spec for certain fights lol idk. I guess ill focus more on the black oozes next time might help reduce those raid wipes, thanks!