Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    I really suggest you to get the 10k haste breakpoint asap unless you're 2-3k haste far from it.
    Retired

  2. #42
    What about my gear:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agata/advanced

    Should I go for 10k haste or not?

    Notice:
    I have legendary gem, but not using right now.

  3. #43
    I would not recommend it. You would drop to so low levels of crit that the advange wouldn't be there.

  4. #44
    And me, what about my gear plz :

    Should go for 10k haste or no ?

    armory : eu.battle.net
    Eloraqz - Hyjal (EU)
    Thanks.

  5. #45
    No, wait until you're to at least 8500 haste(that's just my opinion tho).
    Retired

  6. #46
    Ok,

    thanks Lorgok. Other question, what is ur opinion with my gems, enchants, reforging... ?

    I know this is not the right place but I hope you can still answer it ^^

    Sorry for my bad english, im french

  7. #47
    You're not hit capped, you have way too much mastery(not sure if it's because of your gear or reforges), some of the orange gems you're using are wrong(why would you go for int haste when you don't need to reach any breakpoint) and mmmh , I don't think there is any other problem. Install reforgeLite, it's a simple and really good addon that can help you with reforges.
    Retired

  8. #48
    Yes, but I have the impression that reforge lite does not work anymore since 5.3, surely it does not take into account improvements object because it tells me every time false results or too many touch itself not enough

    And one more question, the haste cap that I have reached is how exactly? Because I read somewhere that with Shadopan trinket it was on track to hit 6518?
    Last edited by Eloraqz; 2013-05-24 at 05:10 PM.

  9. #49
    I don't know about shado-pan trinket's haste cap, I never used it before which means I didn't investigate . Sounds weird that reforgeLite doesn't work, maybe your version is out of date because mine works perfectly.
    Retired

  10. #50
    Some people I know said reforges are a bit buggy with upgrades right now but it's been working fine for me.

  11. #51
    How come you are not using treants lorgok.. is it because of the last fight you did or do you prefer inc over it ? And speaking of which, which fights would you use each talent for ?

  12. #52
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    441
    If you want to go for maximum DPS this tier you should not use Treants. Now progress might be a different story but if you want to rank you will go for incarnation

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    How come you are not using treants lorgok.. is it because of the last fight you did or do you prefer inc over it ? And speaking of which, which fights would you use each talent for ?
    I didn't raid a single time after the patch, I'm focussing more on real life these days, I'm sorry. It obviously means I can't tell you my opinions .. In any case, from what I heard from fountaiin, treants shouldn't be better for any fight on this patch. Can't say its 100% true but for now I'll follow what he said.
    Retired

  14. #54
    The advantages Treants provide is a single target increase, especially on movement heavy fights. Unfortunately, there is only one heroic fight this tier where adds are not present, Jin'Rokh (Where the Treants do not gain the Fluidity Buff from the pools). Being that Incarnation provides massive DPS increases over Treants on fights where adds are present, it is not currently the most optimal choice for Heroics this tier.

    Treants are good, just not for heroic bosses this Tier.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybb View Post
    The advantages Treants provide is a single target increase, especially on movement heavy fights. Unfortunately, there is only one heroic fight this tier where adds are not present, Jin'Rokh (Where the Treants do not gain the Fluidity Buff from the pools). Being that Incarnation provides massive DPS increases over Treants on fights where adds are present, it is not currently the most optimal choice for Heroics this tier.

    Treants are good, just not for heroic bosses this Tier.
    Hmmm, i don't really see how you are thinking. Alot of heroics have adds wich do not really validate using inc for specifically. Adds are so common on most fights, having Inc or not is not a massive difference and will not affect your dps to much. For example, blowing inc on adds on horridon will just lower your dps. On tortos they will come so often, who cares if you have inc for just one of them? Megaera adds and inc? They die so quick they are completely irrelevant to Inc. On ji-kun you are most likely as boomkin not doing many nests etc. I can keep going, but i think the point is made.

    On jinrokh, the treants are a 100%+ dps increase over inc, the 40% dmg increase is not enough to rank inc higher then them. Especially since Inc is used only once on jinrokh, and if you got to move it is mostly wasted on top of it.

    Having your own opinion is fine, but in theory the treants are a dps increase on pretty much every encounter. (Exept a few like ji-kun- they dont gain the buff, Primo-same issue)

    I will run another week with them purely for rank purposes to show that they are good enough to rank with, especially if you micro manage them, they are suprisingly effective.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    Hmmm, i don't really see how you are thinking. Alot of heroics have adds wich do not really validate using inc for specifically. Adds are so common on most fights, having Inc or not is not a massive difference and will not affect your dps to much. For example, blowing inc on adds on horridon will just lower your dps. On tortos they will come so often, who cares if you have inc for just one of them? Megaera adds and inc? They die so quick they are completely irrelevant to Inc. On ji-kun you are most likely as boomkin not doing many nests etc. I can keep going, but i think the point is made.

    On jinrokh, the treants are a 100%+ dps increase over inc, the 40% dmg increase is not enough to rank inc higher then them. Especially since Inc is used only once on jinrokh, and if you got to move it is mostly wasted on top of it.

    Having your own opinion is fine, but in theory the treants are a dps increase on pretty much every encounter. (Exept a few like ji-kun- they dont gain the buff, Primo-same issue)

    I will run another week with them purely for rank purposes to show that they are good enough to rank with, especially if you micro manage them, they are suprisingly effective.
    My post is in regards to my personal testing of Force of Nature and the actual effectiveness of the talent on heroic fights this tier. When you compare the damage increase of Treants to incarnation on a single target fight, Treants will pull ahead (As I said), but when you are fighting multiple targets, their DPS does not increase, while incarnation does, causing incarn to pull ahead. Treants also behave erratically (They still are not behaving as intended and do bug up frequently) on fights where the caster is doing heavy target switching (Council, Megaera, Horridon, Tortos, etc), causing their damage to be inconsistent.

    On a side note, killing adds on Horridon should be seen as more than just a way to gimp your dps, it's the way to defeat the encounter, priorities....

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybb View Post
    My post is in regards to my personal testing of Force of Nature and the actual effectiveness of the talent on heroic fights this tier. When you compare the damage increase of Treants to incarnation on a single target fight, Treants will pull ahead (As I said), but when you are fighting multiple targets, their DPS does not increase, while incarnation does, causing incarn to pull ahead. Treants also behave erratically (They still are not behaving as intended and do bug up frequently) on fights where the caster is doing heavy target switching (Council, Megaera, Horridon, Tortos, etc), causing their damage to be inconsistent.

    On a side note, killing adds on Horridon should be seen as more than just a way to gimp your dps, it's the way to defeat the encounter, priorities....
    My point is when you are fighting multiple targets inc won't be there to help you all the time, it seems like you are talking about a passive skill rather then just a 30 second cd.

    Treants have been hotfixed a while ago and since then they behave pretty well. Only had problems when on Meta+lust and only very occasionally.

    Ofcourse on horridon the adds are prio, but if the adds go down fine, you would be gimping yourself if you would use Inc on adds. Besides you will only have Inc on 2 doors. Technically on horridon there will just be 2 adds who need prio, wich will make treants stronger. Unless you wanna dot up all the adds ofcourse, but then you kinda gimp yourself again.

    On target switching its not as black and white as you say. You do have to keep in mind the treants are poor for dmg switching, but then you just need to adjust to it. You have the option to keep 3 charges before having to use them, every single boss has that gap, where you just don't switch while they are up.

    I think they are a choice, between 1 burst every 3 min or much much higher sustained dmg throughout the whole fight.

  18. #58
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    441
    I see the point from both sides, but my opinion about this is if you want to go for the highest possible DPS you can throw out Treants are not the way to go. Atleast not for this tier. You can call highest DPS for scumbagging/dps horny or w/e but my 2 cents are made from just looking at world of logs and tried both combinations out myself. Like Jin'rokh Treants cannot be a DPS increase in any way.

  19. #59
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    I see the point from both sides, but my opinion about this is if you want to go for the highest possible DPS you can throw out Treants are not the way to go. Atleast not for this tier. You can call highest DPS for scumbagging/dps horny or w/e but my 2 cents are made from just looking at world of logs and tried both combinations out myself. Like Jin'rokh Treants cannot be a DPS increase in any way.
    The extremely limited anecdotal evidence of one persons experience is not enough to base a credible argument on. Just because you had an unfavourable experience with FoN does not mean that on average the talent is terrible.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    I see the point from both sides, but my opinion about this is if you want to go for the highest possible DPS you can throw out Treants are not the way to go. Atleast not for this tier. You can call highest DPS for scumbagging/dps horny or w/e but my 2 cents are made from just looking at world of logs and tried both combinations out myself. Like Jin'rokh Treants cannot be a DPS increase in any way.
    You could argue that changing to Treants could slightly improve the players performance because it offers them something different to Incarnation (which we have been stuck with since day one). I know for me personally the buff to Treants has improved my enjoyment of the class and as a whole I feel like I'm working a little bit harder than I did before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •