Recently came back to Swtor. my opinion ....

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say that I recently came back to Swtor (played originally from beta and for about 2-3 months) and the game is Great!!

Ok, its still linear in terms of planets etc, but class overhauls, new talents and abilities, new zones etc are all awesome! I really Like how this game is shaping up and it's getting better all the time. Patch 2.1 (out tomorrow) brings character customization like Barber shop, race change, and the abilitiy to dye your armours. The new Planet Makeb has tons of dailies, an interesting story and I found it to be alot of fun. Just wanted to share that with you guys, I'm sure there are some people out there considering playing again .... give it a try!!

Deleted
    Same situation here, I'd give it a month or 2 of content value (talking about Makeb and all the new stuff). Already finished all SM ops, lvl 50s on NM and a few 55-s on HM. If you are progressing HM that would give it another month or 2 till you are out of content again

Overall I like the new expansion, however I wouldn't be playing it right now if I didn't have a guild to progress HM-s with.

Deleted
    I'm an altoholic and I have been turned off by all the bugs on launch of swtor. However, a year later, nearly all annoyances are fixed and I can finally play through all the class stories without immersion breaking. I have to say I enjoy the experience a lot and I will definitely sub for the next months. I also welcome the F2P changes, because it brought an insane amount of players to SWTOR. The "mega" servers are a lot bigger than WoW realms, so there is always a chance for World PVP and barrens chat . (Of course there are far less realms than WoW has, but all those players really make the realms feel alive).

As with all games there are some downsides too, but so far nothing bad. So far I have not even gotten to the new expansion content yet, however playing through the old content feels great. I really like the legacy system and achievements and all the other stuff they introduced since release.
    Last edited by mmoc1c0b124cfa; 2013-05-13 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickwhits View Post
    The new Planet Makeb has tons of dailies
    Thanks for the warning, now I know not to bother with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Thanks for the warning, now I know not to bother with it!
    You don't have to do them, but the weekly staged overs some decent comms for people that don't raid

Hm, Makeb Weekly gives you a decision to choose 8 out of 10 dailys, 2 of the choices are group quests. The proposed dailys change from day to day basis. The daily available dailys do change also. You dont need them to do, there are severely other daily hubs if you care. Overall I'm really fine with it. Something todo while waiting for flashpiont queue..

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Never tried, never will just because of the simple fact it's star wars... and I really dislike that. However I do think it's a good mmorpg from what I've seen mainly pointing at the raiding. Seems like fun!

Oh, it really has its sweets points. Main point for my, we still Hunt one group of villains wiht a little sidetrack from hutts. The story feels good and I cant wait to see nightmare modes again

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    could you imagine if swtor did release in december 2012 rather than december 2011, maybe the it would have had a totally different impact in the gaming industry.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    could you imagine if swtor did release in december 2012 rather than december 2011, maybe the it would have had a totally different impact in the gaming industry.
    Still wouldn't have launched with any of the things it needed to hit a home run. One more year of delays wouldn't have brought half of what the game has now, as many changes were reactions to customer outcry and lost subscriptions. Basically saving face. The SWTOR you got is likely almost identicaly than one that woudl have launched a year later unfortunately.

And really that's a reason people are so angry. They had so long to get it right, so many proven concepts, and didn't deliver on most of them. Hopefully by the end of next year their focus moves away from the cash shop and onto alternate and additional content design and then we can talk about the impact that game would have had if it launched in the same state.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. I think if it had launched in its 1.2 state, then it would have seen much more success. Of course a smart and wise thing to do would have been to have new content ripped and ready to go shortly after release to make the playerbase feel more confident about future releases. MMO developers can't be so naive to think that players would be content to "level" for months at a time. They HAVE to work under the assumption that their players will be max level and working on endgame content by the end of day 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Hopefully by the end of next year their focus moves away from the cash shop and onto alternate and additional content design and then we can talk about the impact that game would have had if it launched in the same state.
    I'm hoping its sooner, and it really has to be, 1 Operation and 1 Warzone and an occasional event in 6 months is just not enough if they deliver that much in the next 6 months iit wont matter how much cash shop crap they throw out people will get bored. This faster cadence has lead to less actual content.

Of course a smart and wise thing to do would have been to have new content ripped and ready to go shortly after release
    they did, they had 1.1 a month after launch

MMO developers can't be so naive to think that players would be content to "level" for months at a time.
    you have seen this right?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/28/bi...-old-republic/

Quote Originally Posted by naranha View Post
    I'm an altoholic and I have been turned off by all the bugs on launch of swtor. However, a year later, nearly all annoyances are fixed and I can finally play through all the class stories without immersion breaking.
    As a fellow altoholic, one thing I really love about SWTOR is that actively encourages alt playing with the Legacy system. I wish mounts/pets were account wide, but perhaps that will happen in the future.

As for Makeb (different post from yours), the next character I level, I'll get to 52 or so on Corellia before going. That way I can hopefully skip most of the dailies
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge