Deleted

Heroic Consorts Ice Comet despawning

We managed to kill this with relative ease, however everything went wrong during the kill, celestials were fucked and what not but the thing we couldn't really explain was the despawning of comets;

see; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...tPzWFM&t=8m15s

Can anyone explain why/how this happened? It really sucks since it suprises the shit out of us nearly every time

Like I said it died so that's nice and all, but i'd very much like to not have this happen the next time we try and kill them.

Wasn't that clear enough? :P Someone was standing on top / next to the Comet, that one get targeted by the Sunbeam look alike ability of Suen - that "killed" / despawn the Ice Comet. Just have no one near the Comet you are going to use to hide (stay ~10y away for example) until she starts casting Inferno and your issue should go away.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2013-05-13 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    As Qualia said, someone took the Sunbeam, check 8:19, right in front of Suen, seems like it's the tank.

Deleted
    We always figured it was the charge that made the ice instantly melt, if it's the sunbeam that does explain something...

And if it was on the tank it was most likely on me, now I feel like a baddy hehe

Thanks for the insights though.

Did not see if it was 10 or 25, but on 25 we've had issus where we wouldn't get a 2nd Ice Comet before inferno (we would melt 1st & wait for 2nd). This has been assumed as a "bug" by my guild until now. You can however heal through if you spend a few extra CDs. Very annoying though.

If you activate Xuen before the first Inferno it ticks at half speed and it won't really matter if the 2nd comet is late or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinald View Post
    If you activate Xuen before the first Inferno it ticks at half speed and it won't really matter if the 2nd comet is late or not.
    Most 25 mans uses Xuen in the first phase during her fire-whirl thing to get extra DPS time on her, in order to bring her down before the second tide-cast in P3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Most 25 mans uses Xuen in the first phase during her fire-whirl thing to get extra DPS time on her, in order to bring her down before the second tide-cast in P3.
    Interesting idea. From my review of 10 man, most use Xuen at the start of P2 to combat the weird comet timing at the start of the phase. Even with that, though, we still only get 1 comet sometimes (which leads to me having to turn off my mic to avoid filling mumble with expletives).

Tidal force isn't a raid-killer in 10 man if your healers are fast and you drag Lulin to one of the celestial pillars.
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)