Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What if elune is a loa?

we know that the night elves evolved from trolls, we know that trolls can sometime ascend and become loa according to their legends.

what if elune was one of the first night elves born out of the magics of the well of eternity who became a loa? what if she was originally one of the leaders of the dark trolls and thats why she is so revered and over time she and the ancients became the only loa night elves worshiped (the trolls consider the ancients loa)

this would also explain why elunes children look like night elves and why the night elves believe she made them in her image.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    She would suck a little less, but still moving from elf god to troll god is little promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    She would suck a little less, but still moving from elf god to troll god is little promotion.
    well technically this would make elf gods and troll gods the same thing
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    There is big diffrence, being elf-only deity makes her really suck.
    Being deity for other races make's her suck a little less, but hey considering that mortals already handled loa they asses, she would technically be nothing special anymore.
    Tho her being loa (animal god) would explain stag-fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    There is big diffrence, being elf-only deity makes her really suck.
    Being deity for other races make's her suck a little less, but hey considering that mortals already handled loa they asses, she would technically be nothing special anymore.
    Tho her being loa (animal god) would explain stag-fetish.
    well loa come in varying degrees of strength, not all loas are the same and they dont all have to be animals

Deleted
    considering all known trolls worship Loa, it wouldnt be strange that the trolls who became Night elves also worshipped several.
    prehaps Elune is the only one who stuck too them when they changed or prehaps Elune as a Loa got affected by the Well aswell as the trolls who worshipped her.

on the other hand velen mentioned Elune showed simiralities with the Naaru. so it might be the Loa abandoned the trolls when they transformed and a Naaru started too look over them. though i cant see a Naaru be the case since the Night Elves started a brutish war crushing the troll empires and that isnt Naaru behavior who promote peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be. Might have arisen at the same time as the night elves did - if Loa can be born from the spirits of the dead, Elune might've been an early night elf who died and was deified, becoming their patron goddess.

Her apparently similarity to the naaru could mean that naaru are similar beings.

Another theory I have re. her connection to the naaru, though, is that the naaru are actually similar to Elune - they were once fragments of a single god-like entity that was shattered, becoming the naaru. This god might've been an entity similar to Elune, hence her similarity to the naaru that were born from it.

It really wouldn't surprise me at all, considering where they come from.
    But if Elune really is a loa, what would that make of Tauren who worship the other "eye"?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems likely.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But if Elune really is a loa, what would that make of Tauren who worship the other "eye"?
    I doubt Elune is actually the moon. That's more likely an old legend that was passed down. Unless we're also going to believe the story of Malorne jumping so high he got his horns caught in the stars is a literal story.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Loa or not, she's still a zoophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    maybe in the past a group of tauren nomads came across the night elves while hunting and heard about elune

I think that is about as much as a stretch as Elune being a Naaru.

It just occurred to me that 3 of the 4 races I hate the most in WoW, all came from the same ancestor race (Night Elves, Blood Elves, and Trolls... with Orcs being the 4th). I use hate, but I really only hate the trolls. I only really dislike Elves and Orcs in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    we know that the night elves evolved from trolls, we know that trolls can sometime ascend and become loa according to their legends.

what if elune was one of the first night elves born out of the magics of the well of eternity who became a loa? what if she was originally one of the leaders of the dark trolls and thats why she is so revered and over time she and the ancients became the only loa night elves worshiped (the trolls consider the ancients loa)

this would also explain why elunes children look like night elves and why the night elves believe she made them in her image.
    What it, what if, what if.

What if the moon was made of cheese? Permanent moon toasties?
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Might as well be. Since Blizz has not once, but twice referred to Velen's words about Elune sharing traits with the Naaru, when directly confronted about her nature, I think it can be gathered from that that they haven't yet closed the book on what the hell she actually is. It could even remain an eternal mystery if they don't need to include Elune directly in future storylines.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Deleted
    YES! I would love this twist in lore! Plus it would explain Witch Doctor as a night elf class brilliantly hehe
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-05-14 at 01:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Elune is a troll who have ascended to god-hood, it would be the biggest, most nasty joke, Blizzzard have EVER played on the treehugging abominations..

ME LIKE.. PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE LET IT BE SO.....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Once again, the Loas are basically nature spirits, the equivalents of Aviana and Goldrinn etc. If they're really strong maybe Cenarius. That would be a downgrade for Elune, if anything.

Don't know why people are so hostile to the idea of Elune being a Naaru anyway. Makes a lot of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Once again, the Loas are basically nature spirits, the equivalents of Aviana and Goldrinn etc. If they're really strong maybe Cenarius. That would be a downgrade for Elune, if anything.

Don't know why people are so hostile to the idea of Elune being a Naaru anyway. Makes a lot of sense.
    Being a Naaru would be a huge downgrade too.

Currently, lorewise, Elune is considered a god of sorts. Naaru are not gods, they are energy.. This is partly the reason why Tyrande went ape-shit, when Velen claimed Elune was a Naaru, because it would be a setback for the Nelf belief system..

However, with my apathy for elves (all kinds) I whole harted supports ANY theory that nerf/downgrade Elune... :-)
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    What if all Loa are actually Elune...

*shwaaaaa...*
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

What if ancients and loa are the same things but just named differently by different races just like i hope anshe will be connected to holy light.

She can be night elves' great ancient and not necessarily a troll thing.