Question How to Prepare for 5.3

Hey friends, I just dinged my first 90 after coming back to Pandaria and I'm pretty anxious about gearing up. However, I've read a lot about the changes coming in 5.3 with upgrades and the new PvP Season, and I'm wondering how to best prepare for the patch to take advantage of the currency changes. I haven't been able to keep up with everything that has been announced, and I honestly haven't learned how different gearing a character is in MoP from how it was in Cata.

I have: 756 Justice Points, 2749 Honor, and 0 Conquest.

I play both PvE and PvP, and my first priority is gearing up in 5.3. My second priority is gold profit.

What should I do?

10+ Year Old Account
    For PvE, at least:

- Run the Sha to get your 476 boots asap
    - Craft whatever you can of 463 - 476 gear if possible. Get a 460 item level. Fill out any slots you can't with 458 JP gear. If you have gold, buy crafted 476 - 496, not 522 gear (too expensive this early)
    - Immediately try to do IoT dailies and find a key to the palace, which opens a special solo instance where you can pick up a lot of Elder Charms
    - Once you have piles of elder charms in hand, run the older LFR's (460 & 470) and use them! Get lewts! That'll get you to 480+ for the newest LFR and you will be good.

You say your first priority is gearing up, but is your first priority gearing up for PvE or PvP? The gear-up paths are different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also PvP season won't end in 5.3 dont worry =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Thanks for the replies, my priority is PvE, but I want to make sure I know what to do with my Honor Points because I've collected quite a bit while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    - Craft whatever you can of 463 - 476 gear if possible. Get a 460 item level. Fill out any slots you can't with 458 JP gear. If you have gold, buy crafted 476 - 496, not 522 gear (too expensive this early)
    Dont waste JP on JP gear. Convert it to honor and buy 476 honor PvP gear. Since you PvP as well as PvE this is the best way to go and PvP stats dont add into ilvl anymore. Its actually the best way to gear up even if you arent going to PvP. So chain run dungeons for JP (3-500 per run) or do BGs and you will have lots of points to buy gear with.

Gearing my alts, I have found that battlegrounds are an unreliable means of gaining Honor Points. I will grind dungeons and then use the Justice Trade Goods vendor in Orgrimmar to convert the Justice Points into Honor. Purchase the 476 ilvl pvp gear with the new Honor while killing the world bosses & running LFR. With a little bit of luck & maybe 5k gold you can be flirting with 480 ilvl in a single day.

Thanks guys, good info.