480 with conquest

so, i recently got back into wow, i completely missed the launch i didn't like the changes initially or the price, but now its settled down a bit i came back and decided to try and get to the current pugging standard.

well, after grinding all the heroes then the lfr, i now have no other means of attaining 480 other than pvping for conquest.

why have they made it like this?, so you HAVE to pvp to get the ilvl so you can do what you actually want to do.

also why does valour cap at 1000 but conquest caps at 2200, so pve'ers get a measly 1000 points to grind which can be done with dailys now without even touching a 5 man, and pvpers get a whopping 2200 over double the points!?.

it doesn't make any sense, if you want to join the current end game pve you have to pvp not only because its the only way to get ilvl but also because you can actually get enough points to buy a peice of gear in a week. fucking system is gamed up the ass.

bah i'm just pissed off i fucking hate the bgs, its such an exercise in futility, control freaks, stun lock, chain silence bullshit waste of time. especially if your in a battle group that wins maybe 1 bg in every 30. well back to afking this shit so i can do what i wanna actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    so, i recently got back into wow, i completely missed the launch i didn't like the changes initially or the price, but now its settled down a bit i came back and decided to try and get to the current pugging standard.

well, after grinding all the heroes then the lfr, i now have no other means of attaining 480 other than pvping for conquest.

why have they made it like this?, so you HAVE to pvp to get the ilvl so you can do what you actually want to do.

also why does valour cap at 1000 but conquest caps at 2200, so pve'ers get a measly 1000 points to grind which can be done with dailys now without even touching a 5 man, and pvpers get a whopping 2200 over double the points!?.

it doesn't make any sense, if you want to join the current end game pve you have to pvp not only because its the only way to get ilvl but also because you can actually get enough points to buy a peice of gear in a week. fucking system is gamed up the ass.

bah i'm just pissed off i fucking hate the bgs, its such an exercise in futility, control freaks, stun lock, chain silence bullshit waste of time. especially if your in a battle group that wins maybe 1 bg in every 30. well back to afking this shit so i can do what i wanna actually do.
    well afaik 483 ilvl is lfr. and with a nech that is 522ilvl i don't see a problem reaching that ilvl. just keep doing the boss in lfr that can give a upgrade and spend your bonus rolls on them(you can use as many bonus rolls as you want ) and the reason pve has a lower cap is because there are diffrent currency. pvp items are mainly currency bought while pve has alot of drop based items.

Valor cap cannot realistically be reached with just quest dailies. That would be 200 daily quests a week. If your doing that many daily quests you should probably take a step back. I usually cap my valor every week through LFR, a few heroics/scenarios and some daily quests.

That being said the system does have its flaws for sure. If you have bad luck in LFR it's going to be hard getting to 480 quickly. You can grind reps for gear, but that 1000 valor cap really limits how fast you can buy valor gear regardless of what grinding you do.

Some ways to get to 480 without pvp:
    1)LFR gear
    2)Valor gear from rep vendors. Start with dominance offensive and shaddo pan assault.
    3)Crafted gear
    4)World bosses (Do all 4 every week with coin rolls on Nalak and Oon)
    5)Valor upgrades in gear once 5.3 hits soon

Are pretty much your only options without pvp. Mists is definitely not friendly to late comers like yourself, alts or casuals. That valor cap combined with bad luck in LFR just kills them.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

i think thats what i'm missing mostly, if the upgrade vendor was in i could get the 2 ilvl that i need to make 480 but instead i'm stuck joining bgs, my battlegroup is just so random, it really is 1 win in at least 5 losses theres a good 90% chance every bg i join is lost before it even starts.

i managed nearly get the 1750 for the 493 trink but i think i am going to have to miss this weeks reset and just hope for another 483 piece from HoF or ToES lfr.

sigh, i would be nice if they either lowered the conquest cap or raised the valour, the disparity between the two simply cries favouritism to me, basically forcing ppl to pvp is going to push me away again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to lock this because everyone will just say what has been said already, you can easily get 480ilvl without having to PvP.
    Also, PvPers are purely dependent on the loot from vendors, unlike raiders who can get loot from bosses as well. Hence why you can earn more conquest points than valor points.