Poll: Do you intend to donate your organs?

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you intend to donate your organs when you die?

Recently saw the following picture on facebook today; and it got me thinking about organ donorship. Personally, I would like to sign myself up to be an organ donor but just havent gotten around to it, as I don't really intend to die any time soon.

What is your opinion on it? I personally can't see any reason to be opposed to it, however you get claims from people that hospitals will let organ donors die sooner in order to harvest their body, but personally I think that sounds like complete shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    I think it's selfish and narrow-minded not to donate your organs after you die. To each their own opinion, of course.

Deleted
    Yup and i've signed up for it.

Deleted
    To family members, yes. Other than that no.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to donate your organs when you die, please please please make sure your family knows this.

In reality, they're the ones who will make the decision, not you.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans are a great renewable resource.

I'm an organ donor, but I don't like to think about it too much haha. I know it's the right thing to do, but I really don't like the idea of getting cut open and reused.

Oh well, at least I'll be dead when it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well, not like I'm going to need them anymore.

I've never really thought about it. I don't guess there's any harm in it, if I'm already dead. So, I'll go with maybe.

I would...whether or not anyone would want them is another question.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kindar View Post
    I'm an organ donor, but I don't like to think about it too much haha. I know it's the right thing to do, but I really don't like the idea of getting cut open and reused.

Oh well, at least I'll be dead when it happens.
    I think its a kinda cool concept, provided your organs are actually being used for transplants and not just for research (which is also a very noble goal), its kind of like you are continuing to live on, you know?

That said, I feel like allowing your organs to be used in research purposes will most likely help more people out in the long run.
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    I think its a kinda cool concept, provided your organs are actually being used for transplants and not just for research (which is also a very noble goal), its kind of like you are continuing to live on, you know?
    Ugh, if I ever need a donated organ, this will seriously creep me out...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

In my country all people are automatically donators. If you don't want to donate you must sign some shit AND you will have less priority on transplant queues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If you want to donate your organs when you die, please please please make sure your family knows this.

In reality, they're the ones who will make the decision, not you.
    Not in my case. In the Netherlands we have a way to register this choice. As long as I am either dead or in an irreversible state of brain death, my family will have no say in the matter. I prefer not to give them that (painful) choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    In my country all people are automatically donators. If you don't want to donate you must sign some shit AND you will have less priority on transplant queues.
    Really? Where are you from? That is a very interesting concept, especially the punishment for refusing to donate.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Anything that works they can have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never. And even before i am dead they will have a tehnology too create organs. Heck even a clones too transver your soul/mind into them.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...335196648.html
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The only people who I would let get my organs are my family or friends. So no I wont be donating them when I die.
    Last edited by anveena; 2013-05-13 at 06:58 PM.

there has been a huge scandal in german news lately. At a german hospital, for money, undeserving people were put in higher positions in the priority list.

So, replace the poor girl in the picture with a greedy old rich guy. Still wanna donate?

Yes, and if I contract some disease that prevents me from donating some / all of my organs I will donate my body to science.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.