Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It'll probably be announced at Blizzcon this year in November and even if the beta starts that day you're looking at at least 6 months of beta until the game is released. So the earliest it could be is May of 2014. And if SoO is released in September, 6 months after the release of ToT in March, you're looking at 9 months between SoO and the next expac, which is about how long Dragon Soul was around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

It will be July of 2014, It will be the Azshara Expansion, I think they will do this so they can finish up the Azeroth storylines, and move onward to whatever planet Sargeras is on, or a planet which will lead into the storyline of Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    very unlikely it comes out this year 5.4 is still 4 months away(approx) and we should be getting that for like 6 months ... so the earlyest we'll get it is first quarter 2014...
    Yeah this is pretty much the timeline I have come up with myself. Late first quarter of 2014 or second quarter of 2014 for the next expansion. We arent even into 5.3 yet (and it wont be out this week either...still not even a release client up on the PTR) so SoO is still a few months away. We will be ringing in the new year while hunting for Garrosh's head.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ofc not, there's no material time anymore. Plus MoP doens't even have one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    It'll probably be announced at Blizzcon this year in November and even if the beta starts that day you're looking at at least 6 months of beta until the game is released. So the earliest it could be is May of 2014. And if SoO is released in September, 6 months after the release of ToT in March, you're looking at 9 months between SoO and the next expac, which is about how long Dragon Soul was around.
    If I had to guess. SoO is going to hit PTR very quickly after 5.3 drops. (like 5.2 did when 5.1 dropped)

That's working on the assumption that they're going to keep the pace they've kept so far.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    That doesn't matter in the slightest as they stated that they wanted and intend to release expansions faster than they have in the past. That means the 2 year gap between BC and Wrath and between Wrath and Cata mean exactly nothing anymore. They're target is seemingly ~18-20 months. That would put 6.0 in the summer.
    If you look at the quote I was replying to, I was saying that there not definitive pattern; the guy said they almost always come out in summer/autumn and I showed otherwise.

Deleted
    Work on the expansion should have progressed at least somewhat as of now.

So it might just depend on what they decide to do with the game. Milk it for what it's worth -> quick expansion as people who are subscribers close to expansion launch will most likely buy it anyway. Or invest more money, more time, possibly shuffle some devs in an attempt to turn WoW around -> later expansion with more content and possibly a philosophy quite different from both Cata and MoP, which were disastrous for subscription numbers and performed most likely close to or even worse than their own pessimist forecasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormich50 View Post
    Expansions were always announced like a year before release, so if they wait until blizzcon now that means it's going to be announced 2 months or less before release?...
    It's not going to be released this year. Expansion cycles are typically 1.5-2 year range, so next spring or summer is probably a likely candidate for release.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    5.2 - March
    5.3 - May
    5.4 - August/September
    MAYBE 5.5 - Novemver
    6.0 - January-March

Content Tiers usually last around 6 months. End tiers often longer due to delays.

I would love to have an xmas expansion - but that's not realistic. It will be next year.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-05-13 at 10:36 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    5.2 - March
    5.3 - May
    5.4 - August/September
    MAYBE 5.5 - Novemver
    6.0 - January-March

Content Tiers usually last around 6 months. End tiers often longer due to delays.

What you said seems most realistic. January-Feb, maybe - little maybe March.

Late Q3-Q4 though? Lol, no. The fact that some people are actually suggesting it is making me wonder..

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I am sure they will not release an expansion this year. I have been in all Closed Betas since WOTLK and I have not been sent my invite to it yet. which means, it's not in beta. Since Beta testing takes a year to complete they would already be in the cycle it they were to release it this year. I do however exspect to get the announcement of both the new MMO and next expansion this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    They'll have 5-6 million at the end of the year IF they are very lucky.

Bookmark this btw, so you can click on it after the 2013 Q4 call. :P
    Since you seem so sure of this and want to pound your chest in a few months if you are right, does this mean you will stop with the nonsense posts when you are wrong?

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 04:13 PM ----------

No way there is an expansion this year. That would mean just over a year of MoP and that isn't happening. We still have 3 patches left this expansion besides the pre expansion patch. There also hasn't been any beta, f&a or alpha testing done yet and those 3 stages take almost a year on their own.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Doubtful, with Blizzcon being what Nov?

10+ Year Old Account
    There was nothing in the recent conference call about what was on the schedule for the rest of the year that mentioned an expansion for World of Warcraft.

So that's a no.

I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that a beta for it will be available soon after Blizzcon though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    no it wont

Deleted
    Expansions last about 1.5 to 2 years. MoP came out late September 2012. Don't expect a new expansion before Q2 2014.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I would think we're almost a year away from an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably announced at Blizzcon, in november. Let say they announce beta not long after, in december or january, expect 5-6 months of beta, so it goes in may or june 2014.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Are people already sick of MoP? Has it even been a year yet?
    yah got bored with it after the first month.