Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Pit Lord FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,438
    No way, next expansion comes in 2013..

    In MoP, they have rushed the content too much already..
    Just take a look at ToT, Blizzard promised us a raid that was as epic as Ulduar, instead we got a Bottom 3 raid, which is too linear, too much trash and too boring bosses... The worst boss (Tortos) in the entire game, along with Dark Animus, Elder Counsil, Twins, Primordus (Gollum ripoff) and Iron Qon, makes this instance a total failure.

    We need MORE time between patches, but also more content in each patch that takes LONG time (2-3 months is fine) to complete..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-05-14 at 08:08 AM.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Blizzard promised us a raid that was as epic as Ulduar, instead we got a Bottom 3 raid, which is too linear, too much trash and too boring bosses... The worst boss (Tortos) in the entire game, along with Dark Animus, Elder Counsil, Twins, Primordus (Gollum ripoff) and Iron Qon, makes this instance a total failure.
    While of course blizzard can never please everyone, I do think you are in the minority that think ToT is one of the worst raids ever.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2-month-review

  3. #103
    Announcement at Blizzcon (or sooner, maybe) - Beta in December - Release early March/April/late May?

    Hey, that's probable.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by stormich50 View Post
    Expansions were always announced like a year before release, so if they wait until blizzcon now that means it's going to be announced 2 months or less before release?...
    If I had to guess - Summer / Fall 2014. Imho, I felt they have rushed the content out too quick for HoF, ToES, and ToT. As far as raid difficulty... an interesting article that was posted on these forums...

    http://www.restokin.com/2013/04/the-...tion-overload/
    Last edited by Dolus; 2013-05-15 at 11:55 AM.

  5. #105
    5.3 is next week, week afterwards at the latest.

    5.4 will be on the PTR within 2 weeks, I'm guessing. 10 weeks to beta it, maybe 12 if they have issues or if we're getting a surprise extra (like transmog was).

    So that puts 5.4 out in early/mid August. They've been saying that they don't want the last raid of the expansion to take 10-12 months, so there's a cap on how late it will be. They also run pre-expansion betas for 4-6 months to work out the kinks, so there's a limit on how early it will be. I think that they won't put out the pre-expansion beta until the world's first race is over, which these days seems to take 3-6 weeks.

    They want something big to show at Blizzcon. I'm guessing we'll have a filler patch to keep us interested between SoO and Blizzcon, then the expansion and PTR will be announced at the con, possibly PTR playable the week afterwards.

    So 4 months to beta test puts us at March of 2014, 8 months of SoO.

  6. #106
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    While of course blizzard can never please everyone, I do think you are in the minority that think ToT is one of the worst raids ever.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2-month-review
    ToT is one of the worst raids ever. A pole on a forum predominantly dominated by hardcore players and eiltes is not convincing. Raid participation figures suggest that ToT is actually trash.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  7. #107
    Never.

    Blizzard doesn't have the will or capability to release 1 expansion per year.

    Unless they rename a patch as expansion and ask for $45 for it instead of giving it as a free download.

  8. #108
    100% sure need to keep the sub numbers up
    Dont forget you need be entertained

  9. #109
    We are on the cusp of 5.3 and if they keep with their time tables that means 5.4 in about 4 months, which puts us firmly in September, and that content should last 6 months (5.2 content will last 2 months for 5.3 and 4 months for 5.4) and that puts us firmly into January, so no the next expansion won't happen in 2013.

    I love all you guys who come and bitch about how the raids suck, If I track all your posts you always say that everything blizzard does sucks so you really are incapable of making any other decision. Yeah Tortos was annoying but every raid tier has a bad boss in it, it doesn't make it all bad. That and raid participation does not = quality of the raids. Raid participation = Raid participation. Thats like saying there are less drivers on the road due to carpooling and saying that it's because cars suck. You are drawing conclusions based on your own biased interpretation.

    I've listened to interviews with hardcore world first raiders and they unanimously say this is the best raid tier yet with the exception of tortos.

  10. #110
    Pit Lord FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I've listened to interviews with hardcore world first raiders and they unanimously say this is the best raid tier yet with the exception of tortos.
    Who cares what hardcore world first raiders think?
    They are less than 1%, most likely less than 0,1% of the player base..
    This have NOTHING to do with the difficulty, but the mechanics of the fights and the art-design of the instance and mobs...

    ToT sucks, on a level comparable to ToC, and Blizzard promised something in the league of Ulduar/Karazhan..

    I think most people would rather do 1 year of ICC or DS again, if it would end the ToT drag..

  11. #111
    "Who cares what interviews and polls say, those are biased. Here's what I think..."

    How do you people not suffocate on all this ill-informed irony?

  12. #112
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,066
    I'm expecting March-April next year.
    5.3 will be out over the next two weeks.
    3-4 months until 5.4
    That's like August-ish.
    August to March is 8 months.

    Blizzard did say they expect less subs at the end of the year than now. That right there confirms that 5.0 won't be out this year. Especially because Blizzcon isn't until October/November.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 02:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    ToT is one of the worst raids ever. A pole on a forum predominantly dominated by hardcore players and eiltes is not convincing. Raid participation figures suggest that ToT is actually trash.
    Yeah. So... it's not.
    It has some of the best designed bosses in a raid.
    Linear is nothing unexpected.

    People would have to do the raid in order to hate it.
    The stats on a non-Blizzard run website aren't exactly the best used evidence to hate on a raid.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Who cares what hardcore world first raiders think?
    You must be trolling, because the answer is 'nearly every single raider'. Why do you think people care about World Firsts?

    You're free to your opinion. But having a fit because no-one agrees with you makes you look like a jackass, and making stuff up to back yourself up just makes you look desperate.

    Popular opinion says Throne of Thunder is a very good raid. Not the best ever, but the best we've had in several years.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by stormich50 View Post
    So what's the end boss of this expansion, a fluffy panda?
    You really don't know? It's Garrosh Hellscream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  15. #115
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Never.

    Blizzard doesn't have the will or capability to release 1 expansion per year.

    Unless they rename a patch as expansion and ask for $45 for it instead of giving it as a free download.
    I can't image this happening. I want to see new zones/levels in a expansion.
    Operation Red Wing

  16. #116
    Pit Lord FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    You must be trolling, because the answer is 'nearly every single raider'. Why do you think people care about World Firsts?

    You're free to your opinion. But having a fit because no-one agrees with you makes you look like a jackass, and making stuff up to back yourself up just makes you look desperate.

    Popular opinion says Throne of Thunder is a very good raid. Not the best ever, but the best we've had in several years.
    I'm not having a fit.. But think again.. The only ones that care about world firsts (except themselves), are the die-hard fanbois, and we all know, that fanbois are a sad excuse for players.. They live of the glory of OTHER players, where the rest of us make our own fortune..

    All in all... Only a minescule percentage (most likely far less than 1%) care for world firsts...

    Is YOUR oppinion the popular oppinion then? Can't be, because I don't see you as a part of the majority..
    I personally don't know anyone who thinks ToT is a good raid..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-05-16 at 06:29 AM.

  17. #117
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    637
    I guess Q3 2014, since 5.3 is coming soonish and 5.4 hopily before chrismas. :P
    Specs: i7 2600k @ 4.3Ghz | Radeon 6950 910/1400 2GB | 8GB ram

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I personally don't know anyone who thinks ToT is a good raid..
    I think it's a good raid.

    There, now you do. =3

  19. #119
    I am Murloc! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    5,995
    I will guess Fall of next year.


  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by stormich50 View Post
    So what's the end boss of this expansion, a fluffy panda?
    garrosh hellscream, and killing him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •