Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by moistau View Post
    Yes, let's make all classes have exactly the same ability function so that this game becomes an even more homogenized pile of crap.
    Omg having the interrupts be equal makes Hunters / Mages / Locks the same class!! Mages will start taming wild pets and horses will start eating each other!

    It's called attempting to balance, and to do that you will have to "homogenize" some abilities for the greater good.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It's called attempting to balance, and to do that you will have to "homogenize" some abilities for the greater good.
    Because that worked so well in cata.

  3. #203
    mage is not just the problem. You pair them with a lock and get them on the back foot in 3v3 and its literally impossible to land a kill. poly and warlock fear need some kind of cooldown like the feral cyclone, so you cant spam cc and turtle till deep and orb are back up gg

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Funny how when ferals were a good counter to frost mages in early cata feral got nerfed HARD because they were considered 'op' to have mechanics they had since vanilla, but just not have stupid dps taxes along with their spec.
    Blizzard really has been making sure mages are extremely competitive ever since Sunwell. If every class got as much attention as mages, the game would be near perfectly balanced.
    This is sad, but true. I was able to destroy mages with my uhdk and rogue.. Now after the patch prob not. Being silly that it takes an OP class to stop a class they claim is "balanced". So i decided to gear up my mage and do a little arena/bgs when I'm on, not that I have been on much due to how bad the game is right now. However, I can tell you the class is nothing short of godmode.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 08:50 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by torgaltroop1 View Post
    mage is not just the problem. You pair them with a lock and get them on the back foot in 3v3 and its literally impossible to land a kill. poly and warlock fear need some kind of cooldown like the feral cyclone, so you cant spam cc and turtle till deep and orb are back up gg
    Got to love how mages have the best mobility, the best CC and the best on demand burst.. Oh wait, also the best peels.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    However, I can tell you the class is nothing short of godmode.[COLOR="red"]

    Try fighting a dk, rogue, or hunter.... ever?

  6. #206
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,398
    Hunters slightly better for once? LOL nerf everything thats unique about the class and homogenize it at the same time.

    Mages can one shot you in BGs? You guys all suck L2P.

    That class has always been blizzards lovechild, just gotta freaking deal with it as we have been doing for the last 7 or so years. And Yeah I have a mage, they are good at freaking everything, its fun playing them but torture playing against them.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Agreed, while mage burst is high - my complaint about mages has always been about their level of control - not their actual damage. Their damage occurs over too small a window - while your opponent is stunned and unable to respond. A more visible / counter-able burst cycle, and reduced control - would be a far better solution to fmages than the Incanter's Ward change.
    hmm as a hypothetical ; how would you feel if their shatter dmg came from chill slows instead of nova's - and player nova turned into a chill effect? leaving them with just pet nova.. just curious.

    i guess my underlying point is; atm people are playing against them so poorly that control has taken a back seat to the dmg.

    i honestly feel less in control and more of a sudden death machine with my mage than i did in cata which is why i hate playing it. it wasn't long ago that we had fireblast stun / cone of cold nova and instant RoF. AND.. RoF didnt DR with deep and poly ^^.

    THAT was control, bebeh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  8. #208
    Mages can kill you in 1 Deep. But only if you let them !

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaxina View Post
    Mages can kill you in 1 Deep. But only if you let them !
    Well, I can trinket 25% of deeps. Or, I guess, I can cloak and a mage will feel obligated to deep into the cloak, according to a lot of posts in this thread.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Well, I can trinket 25% of deeps. Or, I guess, I can cloak and a mage will feel obligated to deep into the cloak, according to a lot of posts in this thread.
    Exactly. You can trinket 25% of them, your partner can trinket another 25% of them, and unless your partner is terribad at the game neither of you would die in either of those, so that leaves 50% of deeps that you need to either defensive coolie, or stop the mage's pressure during the deep - which is not hard at all, unless your team, again, is horrible.

    And if you're talking about 1v1, mages get destroyed by many classes in duels, so that's not quite the same either. Everyone always assumes you're fighting a mage 1v2 or 1v3, where you have 0 support to defend against burst that you can pinpoint to almost the exact 5 second window it will occur.

  11. #211
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    Exactly. You can trinket 25% of them, your partner can trinket another 25% of them, and unless your partner is terribad at the game neither of you would die in either of those, so that leaves 50% of deeps that you need to either defensive coolie, or stop the mage's pressure during the deep - which is not hard at all, unless your team, again, is horrible.

    And if you're talking about 1v1, mages get destroyed by many classes in duels, so that's not quite the same either. Everyone always assumes you're fighting a mage 1v2 or 1v3, where you have 0 support to defend against burst that you can pinpoint to almost the exact 5 second window it will occur.
    Why would the mage Deep the guy with a trinket up, after he just got someone to use their trinket in his last deep? No, people are assuming that its 2v2 or 3v3, and the mage has the capability to CC 2 people at the same time, maybe even 3, without the help of HIS partners and can do enough damage to kill a target in a deep WITHOUT his partners.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    Exactly. You can trinket 25% of them, your partner can trinket another 25% of them, and unless your partner is terribad at the game neither of you would die in either of those, so that leaves 50% of deeps that you need to either defensive coolie, or stop the mage's pressure during the deep - which is not hard at all, unless your team, again, is horrible.
    Again, apparently there is nothing else worth trinketing besides deep when you play against a godcomp. And again, mages clearly have no other cc to stop teammate peels. I mean comeon, my warrior has so many ways of stopping a mage whenever I want since im totally immune to roots/sheep/ring.

  13. #213
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    Exactly. You can trinket 25% of them, your partner can trinket another 25% of them, and unless your partner is terribad at the game neither of you would die in either of those, so that leaves 50% of deeps that you need to either defensive coolie, or stop the mage's pressure during the deep - which is not hard at all, unless your team, again, is horrible.

    And if you're talking about 1v1, mages get destroyed by many classes in duels, so that's not quite the same either. Everyone always assumes you're fighting a mage 1v2 or 1v3, where you have 0 support to defend against burst that you can pinpoint to almost the exact 5 second window it will occur.
    Get stuck in a deep whilst your partner is cc'ed and get KO'd by 100k Frost Bombs and you're automatically a bad player, nice logic, bro! I can't believe people are actually defending a Mage's damage, there is no defense, no l2p or anything. If you think there is then I suggest you check out mitchjones' stream where at 2.5k rating he can occasionally say "going hard on x" and then a few seconds later say "x is dead". He even gets reactions from his partners saying "wth did you just do to that guy" or "balanced class" etc etc.

    It's always funny how when [insert non Mage class here] has op damage they are nerfed near enough straight away, normally with an overnerf to make them borderline useless but even though Mages have pretty much the same damage or slightly less they are never targeted with anything big, if anything at all.
    Last edited by TJ; 2013-05-15 at 07:45 PM.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    Exactly. You can trinket 25% of them, your partner can trinket another 25% of them, and unless your partner is terribad at the game neither of you would die in either of those, so that leaves 50% of deeps that you need to either defensive coolie, or stop the mage's pressure during the deep - which is not hard at all, unless your team, again, is horrible.

    Lol. There is no other defensive coolie that is the whole point. See, that's the joke. Half of them are unanswered, and really more than that. It's entirely possible for a mage to be in a position where the deeped person's teammate can't help, even without actually him in a sheep or an allie's CC. Sometimes a root or snare is adequate for this.

    And also- the mage has a teammate. In 3s he has (wait for it) TWO of them!

    And if you're talking about 1v1, mages get destroyed by many classes in duels, so that's not quite the same either. Everyone always assumes you're fighting a mage 1v2 or 1v3, where you have 0 support to defend against burst that you can pinpoint to almost the exact 5 second window it will occur.
    Actually, most of this thread's mage apologists is mages pretending they have no teammates who can either damage a deeped target, prevent heals from landing on a deeped target, or if nothing else prevent the deeped target's teammate from screwing with the maseg.

  15. #215
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    but the one thing that will get me to unsub is class favoritism.
    Join the rest of the millions.

    In all seriousness, mage favoritism has been going on for a long long long time.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  16. #216
    Most of this thread is full of people who get their posts deleted off of the wow forums because all they do is complain about how blizz favors mages and nerfs everyone else over and over.


    TL;DR - Buff mages.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Mages have always been favored by GC. Noxxic rankings for DPS has all 3 specs in the top 5 for most of the gear level rankings.

    Its burns me all the time when I think about it.

    In PvP they have stupid amounts of control.
    Don't listen to noxxic's poor dps calculations. Look at actual parses like on raidbots.com. Warlocks and unholy dk at top, followed by fire mage, yes. but frost and arcane are toward the bottom. Most pvp mages play frost.

    DPS doesn't necessarily mean BURST either.

  18. #218
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    Most of this thread is full of people who get their posts deleted off of the wow forums because all they do is complain about how blizz favors mages and nerfs everyone else over and over.


    TL;DR - Buff mages.
    Truth hurts?

  19. #219
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaxina View Post
    Mages can kill you in 1 Deep. But only if you let them !
    Cant do that while stunned. Not every class is overpowered and has a 15s stun break. In fact Blizzard should remove the root and stun break from Blink, then see how much mages like Deep Freeze damage. Half the problem is the overpowered fucks have an overpowered ability to counter their own overpowered burst.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Cant do that while stunned. Not every class is overpowered and has a 15s stun break. In fact Blizzard should remove the root and stun break from Blink, then see how much mages like Deep Freeze damage. Half the problem is the overpowered fucks have an overpowered ability to counter their own overpowered burst.
    I really do think that one class absolutely ignoring stuns is kind of strange. There's a lot of stun defenses in the game, but blink has remained ludicrously good this whole time.


    I think it's amazing that some guy is telling me I should "blow a defensive"? WHAT DEFENSIVE? i'm a rogue. There's plenty of specs that can't do anything in a stun. I can't cloak when stunned. I normally get shit on through feint (-30% damage taken), which is not trivial to keep up with enough duration that it will last through a deep. I can't evasion or readiness (if I have it) through a stun, and it wouldn't help me against a mage if I could. I can't vanish through a stun, or interrupt, or blind. And honestly, mages aren't the only class that stuns, and it's totally fine that rogues can't /lol at stuns. But this isn't a rogue problem. MOST classes are boned in a stun, which is probably intended. So how about we fix the one stun that dramatically ups dps during its timeframe?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •