Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumast View Post
    I agree. You are.
    My boomkin destroys every mage. I can cyclone DF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fezix View Post
    My boomkin destroys every mage. I can cyclone DF.
    Moonkins can cast while stunned, dam thats op.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Join the rest of the millions.

In all seriousness, mage favoritism has been going on for a long long long time.
    Core mage abilities make mages do well in PVP, abilities that you cant take away. I was suprised they took the target cap off of living bomb though and buffed the dmg by 121%, i was on the PTR using my legendary meta, and it was fun, died but had fun.

Someone rolls a melee, then is suprised that most range classes do very well against, them. If you are going to Pvp why roll a melee?

10+ Year Old Account
    Core mage abilities make mages do well in PVP, abilities that you cant take away.
    More Mage Bias. Mortal Strike was a core warrior ability, 50% healing debuff giving us utility that made us wanted in PvP over classes lacking it, and we had it for 6 years, yet did we get to keep having that added utility in the face of supposed pvp imbalance, NO.

There are plenty of examples of one time core class abilities being heavily nerfed or outright removed due to balance. Mages should not be treated any differently.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I was surprised when they said that mages are handled well by gladiator level characters, but then Yvaelle linked arena rep at really high ratings- and there's plenty of mages there too.

I don't really get why every deep has to be so goddamned threatening, on top of a class with solid spammable CC. I can't threaten that well outside of dance, and I certainly can't throw out a CC at a teammate for every dance- much less every kidney shot. I get that different classes are different, but EVERY DEEP is like this.
    mostly this, thats what i thought when he said high lvl players have no problem shutting down mages yet frost mages litter the top ratings. but honestly thinking about blanace in general makes me sad/mad so i just play the game and dont think why

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    mostly this, thats what i thought when he said high lvl players have no problem shutting down mages yet frost mages litter the top ratings. but honestly thinking about blanace in general makes me sad/mad so i just play the game and dont think why
    He said that to appear to have a clue what he's talking about, but Yvaelle already proved it wrong with the real facts of frost mage representation in high rated arenas.

-Mages need an aoe stun that will freeze opponents for 8 seconds
    -Wouldn't that be a bit too much? The players are going to protest
    -Tell them to not stand on it and L2P

Best Ghostcrawler parody ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing lots of mage questions in the twitch chat for the Holinka/GC interview on right now. Doubt they answer any. http://www.twitch.tv/gamebreakertv

Now Gamebreaker is deleting any balance questions from chat. Another worthless interview. Its like watching MSNBC ask obama questions.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-05-20 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Seeing lots of mage questions in the twitch chat for the Holinka/GC interview on right now. Doubt they answer any. http://www.twitch.tv/gamebreakertv

Now Gamebreaker is deleting any balance questions from chat. Another worthless interview. Its like watching MSNBC ask obama questions.
    Thus far we're still just seeing QQing criticism from people who want mages nerfed. Any constructiveness to add to it? Ideas besides making DF a 1 or 2 minute cooldown? Or that's it and then they're balanced?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    Thus far we're still just seeing QQing criticism from people who want mages nerfed. Any constructiveness to add to it? Ideas besides making DF a 1 or 2 minute cooldown? Or that's it and then they're balanced?
    Blink no longer removes stuns and roots. Blanket Counterspell no longer works on players. Deep Freeze 1min CD. That would do it.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-05-20 at 07:30 PM.

Blink no longer removes stuns and roots. Counterspell no longer works on players. Deep Freeze 1min CD. That would do it.
    As much as i hate it, mages need blink to at least remove roots. Stuns though i agree with. Personally i would like to see a cd on the water elemental summon.

More Mage Bias. Mortal Strike was a core warrior ability, 50% healing debuff giving us utility that made us wanted in PvP over classes lacking it, and we had it for 6 years, yet did we get to keep having that added utility in the face of supposed pvp imbalance, NO.

There are plenty of examples of one time core class abilities being heavily nerfed or outright removed due to balance. Mages should not be treated any differently.
    It was arms, so not really a core ability, but strictly speaking in PvP, yes it was a warrior niche until rogues and hunters got it, and then every other class in the game including Frost mages.

If anything the Spell Reflect nerf was a core ability that Blizzard nerfed without any reason at all. No statements, just nerfed because apparently it was the solution to fix warrior damage in S9.

It's about time mages got nerfed. Having ridiculous burst, CC, and survivability cannot slide. In the past mages have always had the very good CC and survivability, but their burst wasn't as high as it is now. Something has to change if anything it should be their burst toned down, counterspell blanket silence removed, deep freeze slight cooldown increase and turned into a missile, and Blink not breaking stuns. Mages shouldn't have an answer to every problem.

Blink no longer removes stuns and roots. Blanket Counterspell no longer works on players. Deep Freeze 1min CD. That would do it.
    Mages can already get trampled by many melee classes with half a brain if they can't get away from them. Remove blink breaking stuns and roots? You just lost all credibility. Have you ever played a mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages can already get trampled by many melee classes with half a brain if they can't get away from them. Remove blink breaking stuns and roots? You just lost all credibility. Have you ever played a mage?
    When you are going to make up bullshit about mages being trampled by melee, it might help if Mages were not completely dominating melee comps at the high end. No class needs a stun break on a 15s cooldown, its ludicrous. As for the root, will according to mage logic it can just be dispelled or freedom'd anyway.

And the "you have to play it to understand argument" was retarded 8 years ago and still retarded now. The game is not that complicated and simply playing against and with a class for many hundreds of hours will give you all the insight into it you need to understand why being able to 100-0 someone every 30s while having a 15s CD that prevents you from dying to your own bullshit is wrong.

When you are going to make up bullshit about mages being trampled by melee, it might help if Mages were not completely dominating melee comps at the high end. No class needs a stun break on a 15s cooldown, its ludicrous. As for the root, will according to mage logic it can just be dispelled or freedom'd anyway.

And the "you have to play it to understand argument" was retarded 8 years ago and still retarded now. The game is not that complicated and simply playing against and with a class for many hundreds of hours will give you all the insight into it you need to understand why being able to 100-0 someone every 30s while having a 15s CD that prevents you from dying to your own bullshit is wrong.
    And once again I'll point out that any class can 100-0 given a 1v1 where your opponent simply stands there afk and takes it. Derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't do that while stunned. That is not ready yet. Can't do that while stunned. Can't do that while stunned.

Your opponent is not simply standing there afk. Your overpowered 100-0 burst, which no other class can do every 30s, and most classes can't come close to at all, is done while the target can't control their character. Which is obvious, but no you are just trolling now and lashing out.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we could do to blink what happened to Shockwave... breaks roots/stuns, 15 second cooldown; however, if it is used to break a stun the cooldown is doubled. Would still make it great, but not nearly as so. I may be misremembering, but I believe that mages are the only class that has a complete stunbreak in the game. Other classes can use a defensive during a stun, but cannot escape the stun itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Maybe we could do to blink what happened to Shockwave... breaks roots/stuns, 15 second cooldown; however, if it is used to break a stun the cooldown is doubled. Would still make it great, but not nearly as so. I may be misremembering, but I believe that mages are the only class that has a complete stunbreak in the game. Other classes can use a defensive during a stun, but cannot escape the stun itself.
    Icebound Fortitude. But its CD is over 10x as long. Then you have DK trinket Talent, desecrated ground. Hunters also have their trinket ability as well, what is it The Beast Within.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-05-20 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Monks can use nimble brew, DKs have IBF/desecrated ground but those are on long CDs.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

And once again I'll point out that any class can 100-0 given a 1v1 where your opponent simply stands there afk and takes it. Derp.
    Facepalm to the highest degree, you clearly play a mage and don't want to not be able to faceroll the keyboard and slaughter everyone with no skill at all.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 09:40 PM ----------

Can't do that while stunned. That is not ready yet. Can't do that while stunned. Can't do that while stunned.

Your opponent is not simply standing there afk. Your overpowered 100-0 burst, which no other class can do every 30s, and most classes can't come close to at all, is done while the target can't control their character. Which is obvious, but no you are just trolling now and lashing out.
    only noobs get stunned, shouldn't have put themselves in that position to start with, l2p. < mage logic.