Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    When you are going to make up bullshit about mages being trampled by melee, it might help if Mages were not completely dominating melee comps at the high end. No class needs a stun break on a 15s cooldown, its ludicrous. As for the root, will according to mage logic it can just be dispelled or freedom'd anyway.

And the "you have to play it to understand argument" was retarded 8 years ago and still retarded now. The game is not that complicated and simply playing against and with a class for many hundreds of hours will give you all the insight into it you need to understand why being able to 100-0 someone every 30s while having a 15s CD that prevents you from dying to your own bullshit is wrong.
    And once again I'll point out that any class can 100-0 given a 1v1 where your opponent simply stands there afk and takes it. Derp.

Can't do that while stunned. That is not ready yet. Can't do that while stunned. Can't do that while stunned.

Your opponent is not simply standing there afk. Your overpowered 100-0 burst, which no other class can do every 30s, and most classes can't come close to at all, is done while the target can't control their character. Which is obvious, but no you are just trolling now and lashing out.

Stood in the Fire
    Maybe we could do to blink what happened to Shockwave... breaks roots/stuns, 15 second cooldown; however, if it is used to break a stun the cooldown is doubled. Would still make it great, but not nearly as so. I may be misremembering, but I believe that mages are the only class that has a complete stunbreak in the game. Other classes can use a defensive during a stun, but cannot escape the stun itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Maybe we could do to blink what happened to Shockwave... breaks roots/stuns, 15 second cooldown; however, if it is used to break a stun the cooldown is doubled. Would still make it great, but not nearly as so. I may be misremembering, but I believe that mages are the only class that has a complete stunbreak in the game. Other classes can use a defensive during a stun, but cannot escape the stun itself.
    Icebound Fortitude. But its CD is over 10x as long. Then you have DK trinket Talent, desecrated ground. Hunters also have their trinket ability as well, what is it The Beast Within.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-05-20 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Monks can use nimble brew, DKs have IBF/desecrated ground but those are on long CDs.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    And once again I'll point out that any class can 100-0 given a 1v1 where your opponent simply stands there afk and takes it. Derp.
    Facepalm to the highest degree, you clearly play a mage and don't want to not be able to faceroll the keyboard and slaughter everyone with no skill at all.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 09:40 PM ----------

Can't do that while stunned. That is not ready yet. Can't do that while stunned. Can't do that while stunned.

Your opponent is not simply standing there afk. Your overpowered 100-0 burst, which no other class can do every 30s, and most classes can't come close to at all, is done while the target can't control their character. Which is obvious, but no you are just trolling now and lashing out.
    only noobs get stunned, shouldn't have put themselves in that position to start with, l2p. < mage logic.

I feel I made the right choice unsubscribing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    Facepalm to the highest degree, you clearly play a mage and don't want to not be able to faceroll the keyboard and slaughter everyone with no skill at all.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 09:40 PM ----------

only noobs get stunned, shouldn't have put themselves in that position to start with, l2p. < mage logic.
    Implying hunters, rogues, and dk's take more skill to do the same thing? Mage would be beyond unplayable in pvp now days if DF was on a 2 minute CD and they couldn't blink out of roots. Stand there and hardcast while every class facerolls you? gg

Quote Originally Posted by McCronCronz View Post
    Yeah beginning to think that way as well, PVP in MoP has been the worst pvp experience I've had in all the online games I've played (including playing an assassin in AoC).
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Stood in the Fire
    Icebound Fortitude. But its CD is over 10x as long. Then you have DK trinket Talent, desecrated ground. Hunters also have their trinket ability as well, what is it The Beast Within.
    Wow, I'm dumb. Obviously my three or four month break has erased most of this years WoW PvP from my brain (maybe it's trying to forget?). I play a Hunter and DK, though not as my mains. You think I would have remembered those abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Yeah beginning to think that way as well, PVP in MoP has been the worst pvp experience I've had in all the online games I've played (including playing an assassin in AoC).
    Ah Age of Conan, I dont think pvp in WoW has ever got that bad. Nothing like a game that ties your resource bar into your ability to stay on a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    Mages can already get trampled by many melee classes with half a brain if they can't get away from them. Remove blink breaking stuns and roots? You just lost all credibility. Have you ever played a mage?
    They removed it from Blessing of Freedom and look where Paladin mobility went after that. Let's call it "Justice"

And Holinka posted on twitter that the major MAJOR nerfs/buffs would come in 5.4 as 5.3 is mostly number changes and much needed nerfs (see Cloak and Dagger+ShD > Ambush spam from 30y)

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McCronCronz View Post
    I feel you bro, I feel you
    Last edited by ExtremeActionTess; 2013-05-20 at 11:24 PM.

Mages have been OP since classic, from PoM pyroblast to the introduction of icelance, to dying in a few arcane blasts... If you want to be a winner roll a mage. The former nemesis of the mage, the rogue, is quick to be fixed within a patch of being slightly overtuned in 1 spec, once a minute ( A needed fix however, rogue openers were pretty silly) But meanwhile mages have been lolling their way through seasons since their inception and nothing is being changed.

All classes have had their moment of glory. DK's were disgusting in WoTLK. Hunter's kicked ass during MoP launch and they are still pretty bursty ass is. And who can forget warlocks in TBC, taking 3 players with them to DoTs everytime they died. Warrior videos in classic show them wrecking entire BG's with a single pocket healer, weapon scaling to extremes. All those classes are / are being fixed however. Not mages.

Maybe these classes weren't played by Ghostcrawler (long enough)?