Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    L2roll orc so you can counter your mage overlords. Its your only hope.
    Ingenious!

Imagine their face when they get Paladin Orcs across the face!

They're like.. "lol ret.. OH SHI! THERE'S ORCS ON MY FACE".

10+ Year Old Account
    Then use it before the deep lands.
    Yeah because clearly mages are so predictable you can see the instant stun coming and mages are so terrible that they will deep into Divine Protection...
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Everyone should just reroll mages and it will be ok. On a serious note tho mages are countered by a few classes now, the only trouble is that a mage can still break those classes in a DEEP. A full DEEP is normally a kill.
    Actually you are right, everyone should re-roll mages. If they did that they would have to do something about the other classes. Just like the where "forced" to re-engineer the entire Warlock class because hardly anyone played them.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Ingenious!

Imagine their face when they get Paladin Orcs across the face!

They're like.. "lol ret.. OH SHI! THERE'S ORCS ON MY FACE".
    Saw the sig assumed you u were a warrior. Looked at profile pic /face palmed.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 03:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yeah because clearly mages are so predictable you can see the instant stun coming and mages are so terrible that they will deep into Divine Protection...
    I can tell when most deeps are coming but he said ret's had only 1 way to counter deep which is wrong.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Mages have always been favored by GC. Noxxic rankings for DPS has all 3 specs in the top 5 for most of the gear level rankings.

Its burns me all the time when I think about it.

In PvP they have stupid amounts of control.
    Mages were built to be glass cannons, in almost every single game that has ever been ever created like EVER! people that complain that mages are always one of the top 5 dps classes and/or specs, need to really think about what you are talking about, they will always be glass cannons they will always do devastating amounts of damage, thats what a damned mage is!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then use it before the deep lands. deep is 45 seconds now and frozen orb is 1 minute. I have never died in a deep freezes as a druid both balance and resto. What kills me is the orb procs + deep freeze + bomb = gg.. I think mage damage is fuck up and needs a nerf but you can outplay it. Getting triple feared or psy fiend feared is a l2p issue I avoid that stuff as a healer all the time. I haven't played balance much but still working on it.
    Please tell me how you use Divine Protection before an instant cast lands, I would love to know.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reepa View Post
    Mages were built to be glass cannons, in almost every single game that has ever been ever created like EVER! people that complain that mages are always one of the top 5 dps classes and/or specs, need to really think about what you are talking about, they will always be glass cannons they will always do devastating amounts of damage, thats what a damned mage is!
    Glass cannons shouldn't have molten armor. If a mage exploded when you touched him, I would be fine with it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 10:49 PM ----------

Saw the sig assumed you u were a warrior. Looked at profile pic /face palmed.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 03:27 AM ----------

I can tell when most deeps are coming but he said ret's had only 1 way to counter deep which is wrong.
    How is it wrong? Do tell, please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Play a mage, before you complain about them.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    To be a good counter to frost mages as melee, means you roll over every other caster in the game as free kills. Melee need to learn a frost mage is their counter class and get over it.

rofl
    Melee isn't a class. It's half the classes. One spec hard countering half the classes is balance to you? You can stop talking now.

http://www.twitch.tv/pieceztv/c/2252618

^ This sort of shit is ridiculous.

And by this sort of shit I mean buff stacking.

Incanters Ward (30% increased spell damage), On use Dominance PVP Trinket (+2801 Spell Power), Jade Spirit (+1650 Intellect, or around 2k Spell Power), Orc Racial (+2257 Spell Power), Relic of Yu'lon (+3027 Intellect, around 3650 Spell Power).

Not to mention he's stacking full offensive stats.

Now compare that to say, Venruki, who is in my opinion a better Mage, who stacks more for defense, you never see him able to pull something like that. There's a BIG difference between a Mage who stacks full offensive gems and reforges, as well as a proc PVE trinket + on use (so they don't have a PVP medallion), and one who doesn't cheese it like that and plays with normal gear. I haven't got time to do the math, but as an example on my alt mage, almost full gear, gemming more for defense similar to Ven, I pull maybe 50-55k ice lances WITH cooldowns up on most fully geared players. This guy above is nearly doubling that.

I agree, a Mage (or anyone) shouldn't be able to do this. But with all those buffs stacked, and the fact the Shaman didn't trinket, no wonder he died. I hate the fact we (or anyone) can have all these buffs stacked at once. Blizzard could fix a lot (DK's included) if they didn't allow cooldown/buff stacking like this, but they do because PVE nerds love it.

Watch Ven's stream, or Jah's stream, you will find they never pull shit like this - they win because they outplay their opponents, watch buffs, position themselves well, etc. - not by globaling randomly like this guy above.

Look at these stupid mechanics first before nerfing a playstyle in to the ground. Mage in itself is not broken, trinkets/buffs/racials/certain abilities are when stacked together.

Mages are OP again? Thank god, we can push the doomsday clock back a bit.

Now if there was just some way to undo the release of Duke Nukem Forever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    remove shatter, mages fixed.

lol@shitlords fotm rerollers who are trying to defend this broken shit.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Ret: Bubble on a 5 minute CD. So, you can Deep 10x for every bubble I get. Nice stun defensive, right?
    Windwalker: Even with Nimble Brew, 2 CC breaks on 2 minute CD's. You still get 2 Deeps that can't be defensived.
    Boomkin: Barkskin. Every other Deep and I can't do anything about it. Barkskin won't even necessarily save you from death.
    Hunter: Can't use any defensives during stun, there's web wrap, but thats going to be a minute CD. Still do fine against mages.

Point being, many classes in this game can't do SHIT against deep burst. Most of them especially are healers. BTW that scary "interrupt valley" ALWAYS exists against stupid fuckin mage blanket silence.
    Are you retarded or smth? What can you do about rogue stun? Or ret 30 sec cd stun? What about feral stun? Take away deep freeze and you can delete frost mage from arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    remove shatter, mages fixed.

lol@shitlords fotm rerollers who are trying to defend this broken shit.
    Remove Shatter and Mages might as well be deleted from the game lol.

Here's one for you complainers: Get better, Mages fixed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moistau View Post
    Remove Shatter and Mages might as well be deleted from the game lol.
    Hmmm, good idea. I second this suggestion - remove mages from the game!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Are you retarded or smth? What can you do about rogue stun? Or ret 30 sec cd stun? What about feral stun? Take away deep freeze and you can delete frost mage from arena.
    Ret stun doesn't put you automatically in danger of dying. Very far from, if he doesn't have CD's, actually.
    Rogue burst is actually getting nerfed... so. Yeah.
    But nice job having to resort to calling someone retarded, lol.

I don't play a mage, but yeah, it's your fault. Learn to dispel DF.

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We are aware that there are many players who have issues dealing with Mage burst capabilities, however we feel that the main problem right now isn't simply Deep Freeze or Frozen orb directly, but rather the damage increase caused by Incanter's Ward. When stacked with other damage increasing effects such as procs and Frost Mage mastery, it can add up to an additional 30% damage multiplier, which can be quite devastating against many opponents. Because Incanter's Ward is one of the bigger reasons for high Mage burst, we have plans to make changes to it in patch 5.3.

In an upcoming change to the patch 5.3 patch notes you will see that we are looking to change the maximum spell damage increase from 30% to 15% but have the effect duration increased to 25 seconds, up from 15 seconds. This will lower the damage coming from Frozen Orb, Frost Bomb and other skills during a Mages burst window, but that damage multiplier will just last for a bit longer.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...67?page=10#189

if you've been following the official forums, there's been many threads recently closed or deleted related to mage nerfs. yet, the threads regarding nerfs to other classes are not bothered with at all, especially the recent outcry against hunters. two-face much, blizzard?

now we have this condescending blue post which basically says it's our fault we're getting blown up by mages. our "issues dealing with mage burst capabilities," or lack thereof is forcing their hand.

i used to not put much credence to the cries of favoritism, especially when GC repeatedly denies there's none of it, but how can you look at these recent developments and not go hmmmmmmm? i can tolerate a lot of stuff, but the one thing that will get me to unsub is class favoritism.
    Man it is so tedious how Blizzard makes a post and then certain players post all these threads where they get ridiculously touchy and snotty about it and take everything as some kind of criticism of them when it's clearly not intended to be.

TLDR on that blue post: IW causes too much burst, we're smoothing it. End of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Nerf them. Who cares, there are other classes out there that are SO SO SO bad at the moment, nerf mage burst and every cries. I play a mage and a warlock, I love my warlock a lot more tho, my mage it's alright, the burst in pretty good. A good nerf imo, seems like it will help a lot with other classes being ignored in arenas.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I don't play a mage, but yeah, it's your fault. Learn to dispel DF.
    It's been said many times in this thread that only the healer can dispell deep, so if they hard switch to healer with deep up, can't dispell it.