Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themagewarlock View Post
    I'm finding playing a lock is easyier and funner than mage. Both 90 mage full season 13 gear ,lock full Malvo
    it is more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Blink has a lower cooldown than disengage, and hunters don't have roots or Ice Block, so I'm not sure what you mean.
    Rogues I can agree with.
    Hunters have an undispellable root every time they disengage, also master's call, pet cc, etc. - not saying Mage mobility is bad lol, just saying that I get his point. Not sure about the warlock thing though.

Don't know why people are still arguing about this to be honest: it's incanters ward, frozen orb, and human/orc racial allowing random 1 shots every minute or so. Nerf to incanters on its way. Change human racial so it's not so fucking dumb, or remove racials from arena entirely (this would be awesome). And make it so orb simply snares/gives procs, and does no damage to PVP players. FixT

10+ Year Old Account
    Blink has a lower cooldown than disengage, and hunters don't have roots or Ice Block, so I'm not sure what you mean.
    Rogues I can agree with.
    Hunters have disengage (with webs,) Pet stuns, pet webs, concussive shot, scatter shot, ice trap, deterrence, a button that RESETS those abilities... yeah.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by moistau View Post
    Yes, let's make all classes have exactly the same ability function so that this game becomes an even more homogenized pile of crap.
    You hear that a lot, from the dev team as well, but come on... do you really think a few seconds' difference on the lockout duration makes the spells so amazingly different? Those abilities are already homogenized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You hear that a lot, from the dev team as well, but come on... do you really think a few seconds' difference on the lockout duration makes the spells so amazingly different? Those abilities are already homogenized.
    Blizzard went so full retard this expansion that they ended up making an even more unbalanced pile of shit while homogenizing the crap out of everything. So much so that the only "niche" classes have now is "either you bring all the tools or you're in last place".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moistau View Post
    Hunters have an undispellable root every time they disengage, also master's call, pet cc, etc. - not saying Mage mobility is bad lol, just saying that I get his point. Not sure about the warlock thing though.

Don't know why people are still arguing about this to be honest: it's incanters ward, frozen orb, and human/orc racial allowing random 1 shots every minute or so. Nerf to incanters on its way. Change human racial so it's not so fucking dumb, or remove racials from arena entirely (this would be awesome). And make it so orb simply snares/gives procs, and does no damage to PVP players. FixT
    That root is only every 25 seconds and is ALWAYS tied to their gap opener, unlike mages ones, but yeah, I guess.

I honestly think they do need to remove racials from PvP. Troll, Human, and Orc racials all allow way too much burst (at least for right now... because classes have gotten more and more cd's throughout the years.)

And I would love that orb change. That plus all the pvp power changes and such I think would honestly make a lot of classes closer to each other and allow for a more balanced season.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny to think of it from a Mage perspective because they have all the tools themselves to deal with their own classes bullshit. Blink for the deep freeze or roots, spell steal for the procs, blanket silence to stop CC from range without having to deal with juking. The game is so easy for a mage with their utility they can't see how stupidly overpowered their bust setup has become.

I guess it's like how I didnt really understand how stupid Fear was back in the day before I rolled a non warrior alt. So to get mages to understand how rediculous it is for the normal mode classes, they should take the stun and root removal off blink, make spell steal not work on players, and make blanket silence not work on players; then let them see how much they like Deep Freeze Shatters.

That's the one great thing about rogues on live too, they have that bullshit retarded overpowered opening stun burst while invisible, but that actually fucks rogues harder then anyone. Its the anti mage, their overpowered bullshit is the worst against themselves, while a mages overpowered bullshit is laughably pathetic against a mage.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you could say just one thing to help the community understand (frost) (mage) PvP balance, what would you say?
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.
    So historically a nerf to say Deep Freeze or poly risks making them dead at the high end."

We're just average players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    "WHAT?! USE COOLDOWNS BASED ON ME GETTING CC'D OR HAVING TO DISPEL THINGS?! UNTHINKABLE!!!!!"

Is what 95% of players who rage about Mages actually are like.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 05:47 PM ----------

Okay, and that's the only way we really do any damage.

Unfrozen Frost Bombs hit like a wet noodle (especially non crit, non frozen frost bombs) in comparison to one in a Deep. Ice Lance w/o FoF does like... what, 1k damage? Casting Frostbolt puts us in danger zone with the thousands of interrupts and silences there are in the game. WHAT OTHER SPELL DO WE HAVE, PEOPLE?!

Seriously. All you whiners need to get a Mage to 90 and realize that we don't have a huge toolkit for damage. Outside of a deep and without any procs, our damage is just non-existent.
    I don't completely disagree, but you sir have a royal diehard d!ck attitude, you talk like you can only do 100-0 ONCE and "OMG JUST TRINKETZ IT!" or "OMG JUST COOLDOWNZ IT" or "OMG DISPEL US" like you can't counter dispels for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    "If you could say just one thing to help the community understand (frost) (mage) PvP balance, what would you say?
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.
    So historically a nerf to say Deep Freeze or poly risks making them dead at the high end."

so is this noob (average) http://www.twitch.tv/vanguardstv/c/2298833

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

I don't think he should've said that they are making mages balanced at a 2.3k+ rating players, which must be tops 0.2% of the whole wow population. And yet they refuse to make changes to PVP becouse they are a minority overall. God forbid that mages arent Rank 1 material for 8 years.
    Last edited by Solidhype; 2013-05-18 at 02:08 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    And that wasn't even frost, but they are pretty damn comparable. Look at that, dead before he can even pop a defensive because he is stunned.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP
    If you could say just one thing to help the community understand (frost) (mage) PvP balance, what would you say?
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players. (Source)
    Mages are balanced, we all are just bad at PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by fezix View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP
    If you could say just one thing to help the community understand (frost) (mage) PvP balance, what would you say?
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players. (Source)
    Mages are balanced, we all are just bad at PvP.
    I agree. You are.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumast View Post
    I agree. You are.
    I take it vanguards is too?

I take it vanguards is too?
    They let that mage do whatever he wanted. So yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how bad Holinka feels having to dodge the Mage questions and stick to GC's obviously biased easily proven false reasoning.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I wonder how bad Holinka feels having to dodge the Mage questions and stick to GC's obviously biased easily proven false reasoning.
    It was a hypocritical response as well. Making class specs useless at high ratings hasn't stopped Blizzard from nerfing them before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    It was a hypocritical response as well. Making class specs useless at high ratings hasn't stopped Blizzard from nerfing them before.
    Well that and as it was brought up before, mages are by far dominating the high end, which makes GC's assertion that they are balanced at the high end ludicrous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    According to Ghostcrawler.