Page 1 of 32
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is your body fat %?

hey guys im just curious as to what peoples bodyfat % are. il start

25% body fat

i just started excising with a personal trainer 3 times a week, and i walk to and from university which is 8km there and back. im excited to see my bodyfat % at the end of 1 month of my routine.

atm though im having trouble sticking to a meal plan , im missing breakfast allot and eating at the food court after uni with my friends. im still new to my meal plan so i have to commit and discipline myself.

what is your bodyfat % .

Right about 10% - Male.

I mean..uh...5%. Of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone in your shoes, I totally feel ya >.> I'm sitting right around 25% as well. While I can't afford a personal trainer, I'm smart enough to know what I need to do to shave this crap off lol.

Unfortunately, walking to work is a no-go. I have to bus there. However, every Mon/Wed/Fri I go for an hour walk/jog (It's not how fast you go, it's about keeping your heart rate up!) after work, before dinner. I take vitamins every morning, just a One-A-Day, nothing really special, and eat a banana for breakfast and after lunch. Potassium's good for preventing muscle cramps. I also stopped drinking soda...this is a biggie. I do have it on occasion, but I used to drink an average of 64 oz or more a DAY. That's a LOT of sugar.

As I can tell you from experience, don't starve yourself on a diet. Eat what you want, but in moderation. Although I do recommend staying away from large amounts of sugars. If you start some crazy, wacked-out diet, like no carbs, or a bunch of healthy foods you normally would never touch, you won't stick to it. Sure, you might get your weight down a bit, but you'd start to slip up, and eventually you'd go back to eating the way you did and possibly gain some of it back. Just keep up the exercise, try to eat at least 3 moderate meals a day (eating regularly prevents your body from storing fat because it thinks you are starving) and make it routine. Long as you train yourself to do what you need to do on a regular basis, your body will get used to it, and it will become habit. Makes it a lot easier to keep it up!

I just started last week. I was at 251 (I'm 6'2) last Monday. I haven't weighed myself yet this week, I don't really plan on doing that on a weekly basis, but I've managed to get my belt down one more notch. Got me pretty excited! Don't set unrealistic goals, they only serve self-defeating purposes. Keep it simple, plan for the long term, and you'll get it done!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    18-19%

If you need help with dieting, check out the links in my sig..

" (eating regularly prevents your body from storing fat because it thinks you are starving)"

^^^^ not true..

I'm 5'8" ~140 lbs and hover around 6% body fat. Pretty easy to do as a personal trainer -- I get paid to work out everyday. That money goes towards good food (yummy, yummy food) that's good for me.

15ish% it may be a little too much but im build that way, and i need a little bit of fat to keep me warm during the winter.

too much. Just graduated college, and since then ive lost over 20 lbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikomei_TFC View Post
    18-19%

If you need help with dieting, check out the links in my sig..

" (eating regularly prevents your body from storing fat because it thinks you are starving)"

^^^^ not true..
    It's true, I guess it's just not worded right. When you eat erratically, like once a day, then twice a day, or at odd hours, not in an actual routine, your body will start to save some for later because it thinks it won't get any. If you continually eat often, your body will realize it doesn't need to save any reserves, and will get rid of it.

DAMN radux are you a marathon runner by any chance? I'm finding that really hard to believe. I must be at 11% or so BF, 145lb 5'5

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    6'4 280 lbs. I'd say roughly 18-20%, but I'm getting back into shape

I am around 5'5 and weigh around 125lbs or so, my BF is somewhere in the range of 5-6%. I am an avid cyclist and ride 5 times a week for a total of around 15 hours a week.

*edit* The best thing you can do to lose weight it eat every 4 hours or so, controlled meals. Also, if you can work out RIGHT when you get up, then wait 30min to an hour after that to eat breakfast that will kick start your metabolism and help to burn the fat.

it's about changing your lifestyle to fit your image. if you can't maintain that lifestyle, then your image will change. this is why many people try to lose weight and fail in the long term. for me, it isn't that hard, because i love eating fruit and vegetables... one thing that some people suffer with is portioning. even if you eat healthy, you can still maintain a lot of weight by taking in more calories than you can get rid of. I just like going to the gym... gives me a way to relieve stress and it is sort of like a hobby.

but, 180-185 lbs 6'3" I would say less than 10%? been a while since i have had my body composition analyzed.
    Last edited by lethargik; 2011-08-24 at 04:59 AM.

5'10 and 160 lbs and my body fat is 5%. Not that hard when u work out and stay busy and stay away from sweets.

Deleted
    lol @ OP for thinking not eating breakfasts will help here

if anything, you can eat a big fat breakfast, and nothing else for rest of the day.

I have no fat, except a little on tummy, but thats from drinking beer, cant be helped

Quote Originally Posted by lethargik View Post
    one thing that some people suffer with is portioning.
    Too true! Although imo exercise plays a far greater role in the long term. I worked out intensely and shifted ~50 kilograms but once I reached an ideal goal weight I started going back to my 'old' eating habits. Late night, big meals, fizzy drink. I'm not going to eat healthy stuff for the rest of my life, although a lot of it does taste nice, I do love KFC and Maccas! That's right, I said it, how can you not like Maccas or KFC?! During my weight loss though my muscle mass meant I had a huge metabolism and was burning off fat very quickly, even in a resting state, now the only exercise I get everyday is a 30 minute jog as soon as I wake up and the 9 or so hours on my feet at work.

No idea how to tell my body fat, but I'm 6'1 and 165lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

i think a lot of people would benefit more from reading health/body building magazines. they tell ya what you diet should consist of in order to achieve results and it does work.

5'11 and 114 Pounds so I think around 2%, Still getting taller too!