Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    After the disappointment that was Diablo III and Heart of the Swarm (campaign wise, don't care about multiplayer)?

No. God no, keep away from developing new games for your IPs and just keep doing WoW xpacs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivion View Post
    After the disappointment that was Diablo III and Heart of the Swarm (campaign wise, don't care about multiplayer)?

No. God no, keep away from developing new games for your IPs and just keep doing WoW xpacs.
    While D3 had its faults... Starcraft 2 campaign was amazing, I don't know what game you played.

Gameplay wise, HotS was fine, but it's story was one of the weaker I've seen from Blizzard in recent times. Spoilers I guess...?

Hooray we purified Kerri-nevermind, she's infested again.
    Hey look it's Warfield! Wait, why is he just ordering the same thing over and over when it clearly hasn't worked? This guy is supposed to be competent what is- nevermind, he's dead.
    Yay, Raynor's not dead, who is absolutely not surprised at all!
    Oh man, time for the awesome ending. I can't wai- oh. It's the same one that got leaked years before hand and ends on such a lighthearted note that you would think this WASN'T the expansion about the bloodthirsty, super evolved monster race.

Keep in mind, I did love the Wings of Liberty Campaign, but that entire campaign felt invalidated by Heart of the Swarm. And that really, really ticks me off.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even though Warcraft 3 was amazing, I can't see Warcraft 4 being something of the future, unless they a good enough reason to make it viable. I prefer to interact with my own character, rather than following personal storylines of major NPCs.

After WoW is finished and there's no more content if they still have things to settle that could possibly make a Warcraft 4 game to finish up loose ends.

I always liked the campaign in wc3 but as a game beyond that (multiplayer is what really matters for an rts game) it was horrible. Some good mods came out of it but the game wasn't good as an rts and the whole champion thing just doesn't belong in a propper rts. So do I want another warcraft? honnestly no cause I Didn't really like the game beyond the campaign which should never be the selling point of an rts.
    Clearly wc3 was a sign that they wanted it to be an rpg rather than an rts which is what happened. Only way I see this happening is if wow die completely and they make a single player rpg or somth

I'm waiting patiently to play a WC RTS with everything they've developed in WoW. However, I'm still content to just play an evolving WoW til they decide they're ready for WC4.

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict WC4, but only after Sc2: Legacy of the Void has been out for 2-3 years, so we're looking at least 3 years from now. They wouldn't chop of their hand on SC2 before that storyline/game has run its course, and they'll need to fill its eSports void when LotV turns gray.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what everybody is going on about, world of warcraft IS warcraft IV in every way that matters.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

starcraft 2 wings of liberty, released after 12 years from starcraft. Diablo 3 released after 12 years from Diablo 2. Warcraft 3: Frozen throne released in 2003, see where i'm going?

Quote Originally Posted by nomad1206 View Post
    starcraft 2 wings of liberty, released after 12 years from starcraft. Diablo 3 released after 12 years from Diablo 2. Warcraft 3: Frozen throne released in 2003, see where i'm going?
    Yes but it's not going to happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'm hoping that over the next few months when WoW levels out around 1-2 million subs it will allow Blizzard to move some people onto Warcraft 4. Predicting WC4 2016
    Edited ...

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    If they make WC4 it needs a new, strong theme to it that isn't rehashed scourge.
    Why not?.. Kel'Thuzad is still lurking around, bastard cant die unless the Plytechary breaks.

But yeah, generaly i agree that we dont want another failed sucessor like D3.

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    I don't know what everybody is going on about, world of warcraft IS warcraft IV in every way that matters.
    Except that a random of nobodies (being us adventurers) take out major lore-badasses that wont actualy affect story in anyway whatsoever, the story just cant be on the same level as any other single-player RPG or even Strategy-game becourse of that reasoning, that and there's the whole simple fact that -MANY MANY- things in WoW makes no sense whatsoever acording to lore, i'd personaly even take it as far as to say that if wacraft 4 arrives i want the WoW lore retconned becourse it ruined so many themes and originality in the races and classes.

Besides, WoW's story has more or less always been "I WANT PWHAT LEWT I KEEL DIS GAI!"
    Last edited by Filipse; 2013-08-17 at 07:30 PM.

WC4?

So people can start nostalgia session with "I don't like this new game thus this game is crap, WC3 was soooo much better! Bli$$ard sucks, lolololpandas"?

Can't wait for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Milkwolfgang View Post
    WC4?

So people can start nostalgia session with "I don't like this new game thus this game is crap, WC3 was soooo much better! Bli$$ard sucks, lolololpandas"?

Can't wait for it!
    Well no since SC2 forums aren't a bunch of people saying how shit SC2 is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see Warcraft 4 but mind you people, the only way that could happen in my eyes is it would have to be set a way back. Like a prequel, or something along those lines - with Blizzard having a story planned for more than 2 next expansions and maybe even more after that, there is no way Warcraft 4 could be set in the presence and to set it in the future would be even worse.

So the question is, what would be the best event from Warcraft lore that wasn't mapped by any of the previous games yet? Anyone? No? THE WAR OF THE ANCIENTS! Yeah, that's right guys if we (and I'm like 99% sure on this) ever see another Warcraft RTS, it's going to map the War of the Ancients.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Filipse View Post
    Why not?.. Kel'Thuzad is still lurking around, bastard cant die unless the Plytechary breaks.

But yeah, generaly i agree that we dont want another failed sucessor like D3.

Except that a random of nobodies (being us adventurers) take out major lore-badasses that wont actualy affect story in anyway whatsoever, the story just cant be on the same level as any other single-player RPG or even Strategy-game becourse of that reasoning, that and there's the whole simple fact that -MANY MANY- things in WoW makes no sense whatsoever acording to lore, i'd personaly even take it as far as to say that if wacraft 4 arrives i want the WoW lore retconned becourse it ruined so many themes and originality in the races and classes.

Besides, WoW's story has more or less always been "I WANT PWHAT LEWT I KEEL DIS GAI!"

Just to clarify things... When a character of Warcraft lore in WoW is killed, it was not by Mrmuntz and Capnkrunch and their twenty-three faceless friends, it was by actual characters in Warcraft lore.

Kel'Thuzad was killed by the leader of the Argent Crusade and C'thun was defeated by the leaders of the Cenarion Circle with the help of the Dragonflights for example...
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by zera View Post
    I always liked the campaign in wc3 but as a game beyond that (multiplayer is what really matters for an rts game) it was horrible. Some good mods came out of it but the game wasn't good as an rts and the whole champion thing just doesn't belong in a propper rts. So do I want another warcraft? honnestly no cause I Didn't really like the game beyond the campaign which should never be the selling point of an rts.
    Clearly wc3 was a sign that they wanted it to be an rpg rather than an rts which is what happened. Only way I see this happening is if wow die completely and they make a single player rpg or somth
    You're spot on there actually. WC3 was developed to be a squad based rpg, but I think it had a weirder acronym to describe the play type. The plan was that you would have a hero and his squad that would level up and you could still build and upgrade buildings and such. Essentially Dungeon Siege with building in it.

Honestly, I wish they would have went with that plan. I like WC3 quite a bit, but that other type of game play doesn't come around often enough to want it wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    Can't be - WoW isn't called 'WarCraft IV' (the only thing that matters).

Deleted
    D3 is dissappointment for me, but I still love WoW 3 after so many years... yeah, I think I would like to play Warcraft 4!