Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Kotor 3 come on bioware!

So disney have give all the new star wars game rights to EA.Bioware have to make Kotor 3 and i was thinking Kotor 3 with the frostbite 3 engin and useing maybe the same control system as dragon age 1 or 2 both i liked would be sick.I would like the game to be back to Revan and when he goes off to seek out the real sith empire but a new story would be cool to i guese duno just my thorts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been stated by Bioware before that Tor is 3
    after seeing Revan in that he is a little bitch anyway
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Thinking about i would like to see it set in the Mandalorian wars befor Malachor 5 was blown up

Deleted
    Nope. Get Obsidian to make it, their KOTOR was far superior to BioWare's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if BioWare made it, I wouldn't get my hopes for it being worth a crap. A lot of BioWare's key folks, like the doctors, are gone.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    With the new Star Wars movies scheduled for the next years it makes a lot of sense for EA/Bioware to start building a new Star Wars RPG franchise.

But if they do they will probably be based on the new movies, with new characters and new locations, not the old KOTOR stories.

Bioware are now just the latest in a long line of studios gutted by EA. So many of their staff have gone, including the founders.

However just because the name is now meaningless doesn't mean that a new Bioware game would suck.

Deleted
    I doubt it. BioWare are already pushing more content in SW:ToR which essentially plays out as KoToR 3 if you ignore everything bar the class questline.

Besides, KotoR 2 was far superior to the original. I'd rather Obsidian get their hands on KoToR (I believe they've already expressed keen interest is making another Star Wars game?) since they don't just make choices in black and white. They understand there are shades of grey, it's not just EVIL OR SUPER HAPPY GOOD.

Edit: I know BioWare have many studios, I just don't see different studios working on different Old Republic games at the same time. I don't forsee SW:ToR going away for a good few years either.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Sith Lords was good. But the first is a masterpiece.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    Source of them stating that? I don't remember such a thing. Yeah, tor has Revan ( a very crappy version of him ), but you can simply label tor non-canon in the old republic era.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Sith Lords was good. But the first is a masterpiece.
    Sith lords was good but late game + ending were terrible due to it getting rushed for christmas, with EA behind bioware now im fearing the same would happen to this one.

I've seen plenty of players say that but I've never seen Bioware say that.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Sith lords was good but late game + ending were terrible due to it getting rushed for christmas, with EA behind bioware now im fearing the same would happen to this one.
    Very much agree with this, save the final part. KOTOR 1 had such a better end game and ending in comparison. Both were great, and I replayed both countless times as a kid. But 1 definitely reigns superior overall.

I do wish they hadn't ruined Revan in TOR. Should have made him out to be a little bit more than what he was, considering his and Malak's story from the previous TOR stories.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    The game was riddled with bugs, the ending was unfinished and the game lacked any major polish.

I do, however, firmly believe Obsidian knocked one out of the ballpark with the writing and story progression whereas BioWare simply smacked the ball a few yards.

The project that restored the missing content and tidied up the game is a must-have for anyone playing KotoR 2.

Without the restored content mod, KotoR is easily the better experience. With the mod, I'd scream from the rooftops that it's sequel is more worth your time.

I do, however, agree on your final point.

I still really enjoyed playing Mass Effect 3 but the game was, just like KotoR 2, riddled with bugs, unpolished and rushed. If this trend continues then I fear you may be right.

Lol WHAT! Blasphemy. Kotor 1's story-line was far superior to #2, and in these particular games story-line is almost everything. Sure the gameplay was fun but Kotor 2's game play was identical in that too one with a few new things.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by istaril View Post
    nope. Get obsidian to make it, their kotor was far superior to bioware's.

no god! Please no!!! Noooooooooo

Maybe in the game, yea, but in the novel he was just as badass as ever and even if ToR wasn't considered canon, the novel sure is, which is essentially why swtor happened 300 years later.

I'd love a KotOR movie honestly, some of those characters are so interesting and awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleader View Post
    Lol WHAT! Blasphemy. Kotor 1's story-line was far superior to #2, and in these particular games story-line is almost everything. Sure the gameplay was fun but Kotor 2's game play was identical in that too one with a few new things.
    Not. Even. Close.

KOTOR II's storyline was FAR better written than KOTOR I. I studied the Narrative Theory behind it as part of my course, and it is unbelievably well written. It has the single best written female character in a game that I've ever seen, it turns the whole notion behind the Star Wars universe on it's head and paints a much more grim picture of the Old Republic, the twists, the turns, and the dialogue are all top notch. It is definitely a better piece of writing -by far-, KOTOR I pales in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Grissym View Post
    Very much agree with this, save the final part. KOTOR 1 had such a better end game and ending in comparison. Both were great, and I replayed both countless times as a kid. But 1 definitely reigns superior overall.
    Opinions vary a lot on which is better, myself I thought 2 was horrible and mostly a waste of my money. The basic plot of some hole in the force, the three sith lords that appeared from nothing and were just made up with arbitrary powers, the glitches and missing features (I believe it was fast travel that was in game1, missing from game 2, but still in the manual), plus the obvious non-ending.

I do love the Miraluka though, for whatever reason.

1 wasn't perfect, sure, but at the time it was great. I'm sure there are big fans of the second game that have their favorite characters, but none are as memorable as Revan or Bastilla.

Deleted
    Not. Even. Close.

KOTOR II's storyline was FAR better written than KOTOR I. I studied the Narrative Theory behind it as part of my course, and it is unbelievably well written. It has the single best written female character in a game that I've ever seen, it turns the whole notion behind the Star Wars universe on it's head and paints a much more grim picture of the Old Republic, the twists, the turns, and the dialogue are all top notch. It is definitely a better piece of writing -by far-, KOTOR I pales in comparison.
    Matter of taste, I guess. Because I too think kotor 1 is far better than kotor 2 in everything, especially story.