[Arms] Slam > OP during Reck w/ 4p?

Hello everyone!

I recently switched from SMF to Arms because of a weapon increase and have a question regarding Slam during Reck.

Note: I do have the 4p and my ilvl is 515.

When using Reck/Banner, should I be replacing OP in my normal rotation with Slam because the extra crit is wasted on OP, which already has a high crit chance?

Just a little confused about this, i've read to do it and not to do it.

Also, at what point would Fury take over Arms? I have a 502 weapon right now. Would a 502/502 take over? Or a 502/522? Unsure of when I should be going back. Before I was using a 502/489.

Thanks
    Big thanks to Shyama for the sig!

Deleted
    The awnser to you last quetion is realy simple.

If your dps higher on arms stick to arms. If your dps is higher on furry go back to furry.
    If you realy think its a gear tecnical issue you can run both configrations treu simcraft to se witch spec gives the highest number.

PS i can help you whith simcraft if you want (i am not a dick)
    Last edited by mmoc0aad07acf1; 2013-05-14 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slam is best used during the CS window along with Reck and another CDs and yes you still use Slam outside of the CS window to fill any GSDs when MS/OP/CS isnt up.

Firstly you should play the spec when you can perform the best with. If you can play both well or are willing to put the time in to learn then you should look at the weapons you have. As soon as you have 2x weapons either 1h or 2h you will find that you will pull more dps then Arms if played at the same level.

If you only have 1x decent 2h then I would stick with Arms for now and make the switch once you have 2x equiv weapons for Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by AQrunnr View Post
    Hello everyone!

I recently switched from SMF to Arms because of a weapon increase and have a question regarding Slam during Reck.

Note: I do have the 4p and my ilvl is 515.

When using Reck/Banner, should I be replacing OP in my normal rotation with Slam because the extra crit is wasted on OP, which already has a high crit chance?

Just a little confused about this, i've read to do it and not to do it.

Also, at what point would Fury take over Arms? I have a 502 weapon right now. Would a 502/502 take over? Or a 502/522? Unsure of when I should be going back. Before I was using a 502/489.

Thanks
    Are the Crit bonuses from Banner and Reck multiplicative or additive? Don't think it will change anything unless Slam gets an 80% or greater crit chance but I'd have to do the math on the number of Slams you'd get if you ignore OP versus doing the normal rotation. I'd think it'd still be less since even though Slam does more damage per cd than OP, you're generating much less rage by waiting for MS 6 second cd. Course if you're nearly rage capped when you pop Reck and Banner Rage shouldn't be an issue.

in roughly 500 ilvl, and gemming all crit you should have roughly 25% self buffed crit. add 5 for raid buff, 30 for reck and 35 for banner, yes you will have more than 80%. so given 95% crit chance buffed and CD stacked, yes in CS: MS + 3 slams (rage willing) will beat the OP included alternatives. and even better if rage is more willing still add some HS in there to maximize the dps.

Without the 4p slam=OP during reck with 4p slam>OP. You can still use 1 OP during reck to get another ability with reck up.

As for fury vs arms depends on which spec you are better at but assuming equal skill go with your best weapons, fury will be slightly better with equal weapons at 515 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bietr View Post
    in roughly 500 ilvl, and gemming all crit you should have roughly 25% self buffed crit. add 5 for raid buff, 30 for reck and 35 for banner, yes you will have more than 80%. so given 95% crit chance buffed and CD stacked, yes in CS: MS + 3 slams (rage willing) will beat the OP included alternatives. and even better if rage is more willing still add some HS in there to maximize the dps.
    I doubt people have 4pc at ilvl 500

Deleted
    lots of lfr heroes beg to differ

Ontopic: if you have the rage you want to use slam there, simply as that. Overpower is almost critcapped without any cooldowns (my 515ish toon sits on 30% crit with primordius trinket, add 5% raidbuff + 60% from ability...) so the gain of the 4 piece for it = almost zero.

Deleted
    When under a CS window I do 2x OPs and 3x globals (MS/SLAM). So 5 hits per CS debuff. I don't think using less OPs per CS debuff is optional since you loose a cast that lands in the debuff which is pretty bad imo. Even with OP capping crit while on Reck I'm not sure if only doing 4 big globals will do more damage than doing 5 globals including 2 OP.

*edit*

I just recognized that it is no difference if you do:
    MS/OP/OP/SLAM (5sec) > MS/OP/OP/SLAM (5sec) > MS/OP/OP/SLAM (5sec) = 15 second rotation
    or
    MS/SLAM/SLAM/SLAM (6sec) > MS/OP/OP/OP (4.5sec) > MS/OP/OP/OP (4.5sec) = 15 second rotation

Basically you can do this all the time:

MS > CS (no debuff) > EXEC > OP > SLAM
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-05-15 at 11:35 AM.

Or you could fit 5 abilities in a single CS: 3x OP, 2x Slam/MS

for example: CS - MS - OP - OP - OP - MS, CS - OP - MS - OP - OP - Slam

b2t: during reck + 4p I'd always go MS + 3 slams. My slams are usually critting for 350k with prepot and overpower doesn't even come close to that.
    Last edited by meteo; 2013-05-15 at 02:45 PM.