Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Orgrimmar is going to get an overhaul

So with 5.3 almost upon we can finally start seriously speculating some of the big changes we can expect in 5.4. The Siege of Orgrimmar, yay! Finally, we'll be (based on popular assumption) ousting Garrosh from power. The horde saw a lot of changes with Garrosh coming to power, both ideologically and physically. With Garrosh we got the new metal fortress orgrimmar and the suppression of the styles of the other races.

When Garrosh is overthrown, through both a combination of what I'd imagine as sheer destruction of Orgrimmar itself from the raid/story/war itself, and the .ore. orgrimmar is going to change again post 5.4.

The new orgrimmar is going to show a more unified approach to the horde and its races, showing a more equal combination of racial traits throughout the city. More defined quarters, possibly even a blood elf and undead quarter etc. This would make orgrimmar more along the scale of Stormwind in power. Stormwind is like NYC, a combination of all the races. Orgrimmar is more or less segmented into just a few of the total series of horde races. With the new orgrimmar we'll see ALL races contribute in style.

Can we get Old Orgrimmar back? Pleeeaaase?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, Blizzard just updated Org and they are now going to add a few more things for 5.3 (finishing Garrosh's construction). A new-new post-Garrosh Org would make sense, but I don't think Blizzard would want to update the city yet again just for the sake of lore, they already sacrificed the lore in so many other aspecs when it got in conflict with game development after all.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which means to keep the Alliance happy Stormwind will get an overhaul as well to cater to the "high king" story. Most likely with the addition of a Gilnean/Nelf district where the park used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzina View Post
    Which means to keep the Alliance happy Stormwind will get an overhaul as well to cater to the "high king" story. Most likely with the addition of a Gilnean/Nelf district where the park used to be.
    The Park wasn't merely destroyed, it collapsed into the sea, there isn't really much to build a district on. Honestly I'd be happy if they just wall off the hole, fix up the nearby buildings, and put out the fires.

As for Orgrimmar, I wouldn't expect anything particularly comprehensive. Most likely we'll just a bunch of NPCs get rearranged, maybe a bit of cosmetic damage here and there, and maybe some redecoration in the interior of Grommash Hold.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

If they rebuild it, maybe they can bring some blood elves in to teach their masons how to cut bricks / build in a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If they rebuild it, maybe they can bring some blood elves in to teach their masons how to cut bricks / build in a straight line.
    this. Orcs need to learn how to build someday.

No, the surviving Orcs will be refugees taking up residence in Sen'jin city.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    The Park wasn't merely destroyed, it collapsed into the sea, there isn't really much to build a district on. Honestly I'd be happy if they just wall off the hole, fix up the nearby buildings, and put out the fires.
    That isn't a problem....that's an opportunity.

A building big enough to fill in all that space and tower over the city is whats needed. If Blizzard wants to show unity, then having the races more spread around the Alliance cities and territories can do that. But you're likely right in what Blizzard will do. The problem is that if they do do some work on org and simply wall off the Park...w

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-05-14 at 02:39 AM.

I wouldn't get your hopes up that anything is going to get overhauled in that city.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I heard Metzen is going to give the Alliance story some love in the upcoming MoP expansion. Finally they get the spotlight after World of Thrallcraft in Cata!

Oh, wait..
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought Orgrimmar was just so bland. Even the slightest glimmer of hope of reconstruction makes me happy. I will deal with my crushed spirits when it doesn't happen, but for now I will dream.

troll huts, troll huts everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Can we get Old Orgrimmar back? Pleeeaaase?
    I think the Orgrimmar Bank Roof would bring back 50-100k players. Bored waiting for queues? Not anymore with the Bank Roof to run forever on!
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I personally love the new Orgrimmar. The old one was quite bland. The new one keeps the Horde and orc feel, as well as that rugged, "warrior city in the wastes," premise, but looks far more interesting.

My guess would be that nothing will be changed in orgrimmar except npcs. Thrall, Vol'jin and Chen will probably be hanging out where Garrosh used to be. The guards will be a mixture of troll, blood elf and tauren guards etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there will be too much of a change. Definitely something to do with the Crag and RFC, probably something to do with going down there to do some stuff. Enter through the troll side.
    Currently Procrastinating

Meanwhile in Stormwind, still not being fully repaired from Deathwing.

Yes, please redo Org AGAIN.

Blizzard recently said they won't be updating the world to represent what has actually happened.

If anything changes in Orgrimmar it will probably be minor. And if they do anything to Org they will have to for Sw.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    That isn't a problem....that's an opportunity.

A building big enough to fill in all that space and tower over the city is whats needed. If Blizzard wants to show unity, then having the races more spread around the Alliance cities and territories can do that. But you're likely right in what Blizzard will do. The problem is that if they do do some work on org and simply wall off the Park...w

EJL
    Rebuilding the old barracks and having a few watchtowers with a more Gilnean theme would be nice enough. Maybe a bridge over the collapsed area, with a few buildings built on it in the style of the old London Bridge.

And Ogrimmar will probably not change much. Maybe the slums and drag will be improved a little, but nothing major. I suspect a lot of the fighting will take part in Ragefire Chasm.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 04:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Blizzard recently said they won't be updating the world to represent what has actually happened.
    They sort of already have, though. Stormwind was repaired slightly in some screenshots. Slightly.