Meta gems & challenge modes.

The legendary meta gem doesnt work in CMs, I know, but the normals ones do right? So do you need to keep a seperate, shitty helmet around with a normal meta just for CMs if you don't want to constantly swap gems in & out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, but it's not 100% necessary. I didnt feel like being hassled with it and did 9 golds over the weekend with the inactive legendary gem.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't run with a separate 463 ilvl set of gear for CMs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You don't run with a separate 463 ilvl set of gear for CMs?
    The seperate set does not have to be 463, most of the cases higher item level gear is better due to more sockets, however stats on the items also weigh in ofc.

Helms aren't going to have more sockets though.

RIP Spellstrike hood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    The legendary meta gem doesnt work in CMs, I know, but the normals ones do right? So do you need to keep a seperate, shitty helmet around with a normal meta just for CMs if you don't want to constantly swap gems in & out?
    You don't need to keep a normal one around at all but it's completely up to you. I remember doing CM's for realm first at the start of the expansion, having no dancing steel/jade spirit enchants, no bracer enchants, no meta gems, lower than 463 in most slots, no flasks and doing most of them without food as well and still finding them pretty easily done, I can't imagine missing a meta gem when you have raid trinkets/raid gear/raid enchants with 2-3 gem sockets in each slot making the dungeons too hard

Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    You don't need to keep a normal one around at all but it's completely up to you. I remember doing CM's for realm first at the start of the expansion, having no dancing steel/jade spirit enchants, no bracer enchants, no meta gems, lower than 463 in most slots, no flasks and doing most of them without food as well and still finding them pretty easily done, I can't imagine missing a meta gem when you have raid trinkets/raid gear/raid enchants with 2-3 gem sockets in each slot making the dungeons too hard
    Says the person in a world top 40 guild with amazing guildies....they're pretty tough for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildozer View Post
    Says the person in a world top 40 guild with amazing guildies....they're pretty tough for most people.
    They really aren't with a half decent group composition, assuming all you want is the gold medal. Probably comparable to Cataclysm heroics on launch lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    They really aren't with a half decent group composition, assuming all you want is the gold medal. Probably comparable to Cataclysm heroics on launch lol
    Way harder than cata HCs on launch. To get all gold is probably comparable with the WotLK Glory of the Hero at launch, or slightly easier. Getting gold is not hard, but not so easy that you will just find a random group and get it on the first try. Cata hc dungeons was no problem clearing easily in a mix of green/blue gear with a random group on launch day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    You have 9 heroics down in ToT, that places you firmly in the top 1% of raiders, probably the top 0.1% of the playerbase. Try to imagine that whats easy for you might not be easy for others (you know, the other 99.9% of the playerbase)