Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Favorite Game of Thrones Character? Beware, Possible Spoilers!

Have not seen a thread like this and it is regarding a TV show, so i thought this would be a good place to post it. POSSIBLE CHANCE OF SPOILERS ABOUT CHARACTERS! Feel free to tell us why this character is your favorite. I'll go first, basically an example of how it should be.

My Favorite Character would be Khaleesi because she is beautiful (pretty obvious) Not just that though, I like the fact that she has a thirst for blood and has some badass dragons. She fights for what she wants and basically has gotten what she wants so far from the TV series. She is insane, and for that i admire her. You don't see many girls in TV shows like Khaleesi. She's just one of a kind

-THIS is about Game Of Thrones, please do not mention other favorite characters from other Shows/Movies.
    -Can be characters from the Book/Movie but must be a Game of Thrones character.
    -This is also not a debate over who is the BEST character, Purely for entertainment purposes on who your favorite character is.

Tywin, the dude just oozes badassery and intimidation.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Jon Snow, Theon, Tyrion.

Robb back in the day...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Stannis Baratheon. He doesn't care for the fancy politics and if he ever claims Kings Landing (I'm still hoping for this in book 6/7), then he would clean out the place. He also has the sexy ass priestess Melissandre, even though her vagina is dark and full of terrors.

Just look at him when his fleet gets blown in half.

Stannis would be a horrible King :P His idea of "cleaning out the place" would involve massive pyres around the city to throw "heretics" into.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    Have not seen a thread like this and it is regarding a TV show, so i thought this would be a good place to post it. POSSIBLE CHANCE OF SPOILERS ABOUT CHARACTERS! Feel free to tell us why this character is your favorite. I'll go first, basically an example of how it should be.

My Favorite Character would be Khaleesi because she is beautiful (pretty obvious) Not just that though, I like the fact that she has a thirst for blood and has some badass dragons. She fights for what she wants and basically has gotten what she wants so far from the TV series. She is insane, and for that i admire her. You don't see many girls in TV shows like Khaleesi. She's just one of a kind

-THIS is about Game Of Thrones, please do not mention other favorite characters from other Shows/Movies.
    -Can be characters from the Book/Movie but must be a Game of Thrones character.
    -This is also not a debate over who is the BEST character, Purely for entertainment purposes on who your favorite character is.
    Not to be 'that guy' gut lately multiple people who just watch the show refer to Daenerys as 'khaleesi' as if it is her name, it is a Dothraki title.... Just irks me, sorry.

Anywho! Fav character is Jaime. Mid way through Storm of Swords I was just like 'damn, i get him' and he just gets better and better from there on out.

The tv show Stannis isn't true to the book Stannis imo. TV show Stannis is too aloof.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by velren View Post
    Not to be 'that guy' gut lately multiple people who just watch the show refer to Daenerys as 'khaleesi' as if it is her name, it is a Dothraki title.... Just irks me, sorry.

Anywho! Fav character is Jaime. Mid way through Storm of Swords I was just like 'damn, i get him' and he just gets better and better from there on out.

Cuz that's what Jorah calls her all the time, as well as the remaining Dothraki who follow her :P Plus, she is all of our Khaleesi!

10+ Year Old Account

Arya Stark, seriously she has a lot of potential!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velren View Post

I can understand that, Just prefer Khaleesi for some odd reason. I know Khaleesi is not her name in the show just Daenerys does not sound as beautiful as her title, Khaleesi xD

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beric Dondarrion. Has the coolest surname and just won't bloody die.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite show characters are:

Arya, Margaery, Jaime, and Tyrion.

My book characters, you can add Sansa to the mix and remove Margaery.

Overall if I had to pick one, Arya Stark because she is a badass through and through.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

#1 - Bronn.
    #2 - Tyrion.

Rest are meh (it was a bad idea to watch series after reading books. Half my imagined characters are ruined )

10+ Year Old Account
    The hound, Ser Bronn, Tyrion. Also Snow's redhead girl, just because!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    The hound, Ser Bronn, Tyrion. Also Snow's redhead girl, just because!
    Ygritte!!! She is very beautiful for a redhead. Also because she is a fierce warrior. I'll still stick with Daenerys because i'm madly in love with her.

I have a weak spot for redheads and Ygritte is absolutely smokin even with 6 layers of clothing on.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The tv show Stannis isn't true to the book Stannis imo. TV show Stannis is too aloof.
    Only Stannis? They completely changed a few major events to avoid adding too many characters and they are showing stuff from book 5 in season 3...

I have no favorites. The Starks are too stupid to be likeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ned Stark . . . no . . . not anymore.

Robb Stark . . . sigh . . . not anymore.

Jon Snow . . . oh lord he probably isn't dead . . .

Fine, I guess I'll go with Tyrion . . .

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    Stannis Baratheon. He doesn't care for the fancy politics and if he ever claims Kings Landing (I'm still hoping for this in book 6/7), then he would clean out the place. He also has the sexy ass priestess Melissandre, even though her vagina is dark and full of terrors.

Just look at him when his fleet gets blown in half.

And then there's that one scene in the battle where he gets on the wall, cuts a guy's head in half and then goes on slaughtering Lannister men left and right.

Not sure why his men restrained him when Tywin arrived, he clearly could have killed Tywin's army single handedly . . .
    Putin khuliyo

In the books, Arya hands down. Her character is DARK. Way darker than she has been depicted in the tv series thus far...she has been toned down quite a bit for the tv series.

In the tv show, Tyrion...Peter Dinklage has done some amazing things with that character, somehow I end up rooting for him in every scene.

Now, pure show:

Danerys: how can you not root for her? I mean come on now.
    Tywin: good characterization, with depth and strong acting.
    Cersei: pretty much on par with the books...
    Littlefinger: amazing. his scene with Varys is one of the best scenes in the entire series so far.
    Catelyn: actress does a great job with her character--has much more depth on screen than in the books.
    Jaime: I think I prefer the tv series' interpretation of this character...the tension between him and Brienne is fantastic, great acting from both actors.
    Jon Snow: meh.
    Ramsay Bolton: wtf is this guy's problem? a good commentary on senseless violence and evil...perhaps a little too shallow of a character in the tv series though...even sadists have feelings, you know (or at least, I assume they do at any case). Needs more depth and characterization.
    Joffrey: same as above, for the most part.
    Theon: I just feel bad for the dude at this point...
    Ros: