Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostmutt View Post
    #1 Olenna Tyrell - her quick wit is just awesome throughout the season so far and has yet to disappoint
    She is even better in the books though. Well, audio books in my case. One of the most humorous characters in the series. Same thing with dolorous edd, he's brilliant in the audio books.

Whiny in a good way! lol

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do..."

"Once they figure a way to work a dead horse, we'll be next. Likely I'll be the first too. 'Edd,' they'll say, 'dying's no excuse for laying down no more, so get on up and take this spear, you've got first watch tonight.' Well, I shouldn't be so gloomy. Might be I'll die before they work it out."

[I]"Your boat’s not like to sink, I don’t think. Boats only sink when I’m aboard"[/I]

"You hit a tree," Chett said. "Let's see how you shoot when it's Mance Rayder's lads. They won't stand there with their arms out and their leaves rustling, oh no. They'll come right at you, screaming in your face, and I bet you'll piss those breeches. One o' them will plant his axe right between those little pig eyes. The last thing you'll hear will be the thunk it makes when it bites into your skull."

The fat boy was shaking. Dolorous Edd put a hand on his shoulder. "Brother," he said solemnly, "just because it happened that way for you doesn't mean Samwell will suffer the same."

"What are you talking about, Tollett?"

"The axe that split your skull. Is it true that half your wits leaked out on the ground and your dogs ate them?"
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-05-16 at 10:37 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I don't think Davos Seaworth is getting the love he deserves here.

He is a fierce supporter of Stannis but doesn't suck up to him like the others do.

He gives the king honest counsel, even when it gets him into trouble.

He is just a fairly common low-born man who is struggling through the politics and BS as best he can, while trying to do well by his family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I am surprised people enjoy Eddard Stark. Especially the book version, his actions are just so frustrating to watch and read! So naive and eurgh!!!!!
    Naive and frustrating, but honorable.

And now headless
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Davos is a lot like Ned. He just has MUCH better survival instincts and serves a decent king.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Davos is a lot like Ned. He just has MUCH better survival instincts and serves a decent king.
    I don't know about Stannis. I like Justice but even then Stannis thinks laws are steel. Man saves him starvation by using his smuggler skills, he takes his fingers off for being a smuggler. That makesme look up to him and still think he is a douche.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Naive and frustrating, but honorable.

And now headless
    Yeah I can see people enjoying the honorable part. I liked him at first, but in retrospect and re reading the series he becomes less likable and more painful for me to think of.

My readings and viewings consist of me constantly going: "Ned, stop. Stop. No, don't say that. Pleas---NO STOP. Ugh God dammit"
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Must say I really like Sansa and Alayne Stone since the storm of swords/s3
    I enjoyed Davos alot, although he wasn't present too much in the later books.
    Tyrion and Jaime, but well I think everyone loves Tyrion?
    Stannis ofc.
    I really liked Barristan in storm of swords/s3 and A dance with dragons

Eddard Stark, best character.

Tyrion Lannister, damn funny and he had the most interesting storyline in A Clash of Kings and A Dance with Dragons.

Daenerys Targaryen, she's so awesome, and I love her battle against slavery, I just wish she weren't stuck in Meereen being miserable.

Jon Snow, he's pretty damn cool, being lord commander and all. I wonder what's going to happen after he got knifed.

Arya Stark / No one is a cool character too, but we get so few chapters with her that I hope she just finishes her training and get back in the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Yeah I can see people enjoying the honorable part. I liked him at first, but in retrospect and re reading the series he becomes less likable and more painful for me to think of.

My readings and viewings consist of me constantly going: "Ned, stop. Stop. No, don't say that. Pleas---NO STOP. Ugh God dammit"
    It's like "you really expect Cersei to do the honorable thing? Really?"
    Putin khuliyo

Before current season:
    1. Dany Targaryen
    2. Tyrion Lannister
    3. Jonny Snow

Now,
    1. Dany T
    2. Tyrion
    3. Tywin
    4. Ser Bronn
    5. Margaery

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ghostmutt View Post
    #1 Olenna Tyrell - her quick wit is just awesome throughout the season so far and has yet to disappoint
    She is the only one to stand toe to toe with Tywin! That scene was gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Littlefinger hands down, based on the books (currently reading a feast for crows). He always seems to be 2 steps ahead

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    in the books ?
    Jaime and the "blackfish" . in the show Jaime and Tyrion

10+ Year Old Account
    Having never read the books, Varys is my favorite. Robb Stark is my least favorite.

Daenerys, Tywin & Bronn.

Daenerys - I never really liked her character a whole load at the start. I found it rather dull, never really going anywhere, but this season she is just kicking ass so much it is really entertaining to watch.

Tywin - The only real man left in the City, I feel like he is a force for the ultimate good. While he is of course working just to ensure his legacy and family, I feel he is a noble and righteous man, ready to do what is needed to get the job done!

Bronn - Always a good laugh, and he is such a bad ass as well. Far better at combat then any other Knight in the kingdom, but underplayed by them as a common mercenary.

Lord Brynden Rivers, "The Bloodraven"

Bastard of House Targaryen. Last Greenseer. The three-eyed crow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Having never read the books, Varys is my favorite. Robb Stark is my least favorite.
    Well . . . you might actually enjoy next sunday's episode then
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well . . . you might actually enjoy next sunday's episode then
    Yeah I know what happens. He could've been a character I liked, but his bumbling incompetence these past two seasons...ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Bronn - Always a good laugh, and he is such a bad ass as well. Far better at combat then any other Knight in the kingdom, but underplayed by them as a common mercenary.
    Oh yeah forgot Bronn, shouldn't be possible! He is awesome.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Naive maybe but he was the most moral of all the characters. His downfall was the trust he put in others.
    His downfall was his self righteousness, and his refusal to see that the people he was surrounded around viewed the world in shades of grey, and not black and white. His son Robb was no different. It's no accident GRRM named the family Stark.

To answer the thread question, Jamie's my favorite, especially in the books. Goes from being completely unlikable to pitiable. Brienne is my 2nd favorite just being the perfect foil for Jamie and for bringing out his hororable and likable side.

I can't stand Dany anymore. I fell out with her in A Storm of Swords.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jon Snow, Daenarys, Tyrion.