Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, another militant atheist who thinks they have achieved something by finding religious doing naughty things.

There has been greed, corruption, swearing, and slut-calling for thousands of years. You just found a religious person doing it, and I just have to say so the %uck what. You didn't achieve anything by pointing that out.

It's like claiming you discovered that there is crime in Iraq and using it to make some type of point. It's beyond retarded. The sky is blue we all know this.

Sarcasm and inflection often don't transfer well onto the written word. Especially tweets by teenagers. Most of the tweets seem like people trying to figure out why someone with tons of money, fame etc would want to have another person murdered. The only surprise is they aren't calling dude a psycho. The comments are more like why would someone want to murder someone else, type responses to me. That sarcastic; "oh wow they must have been a bitch to want a dude who has it all to murder them" sort of thing. Not saying these are good people, but I was expecting more, "That Bitch is crazy and ruining this guys life" sorta stuff. After reading the tweets, I find it less harsh and intense.

Still, fairly souless, but these all seem to be teenagers using twitter; so I'm not expecting the most well thought out intelligent responses to the situation. I'm sure there are some "dude from as I lay dying is a fucking psycho moron" tweets out there as well.

Off topic, Christian metal/rock is not making Christianity better, its making Metal/rock worse.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2013-05-14 at 05:19 AM.

"Christian metalcore". Roflmao. Aren't all rock and metal bands ENVOYS OF SATAN?
    Last edited by Mithfin; 2013-05-14 at 05:19 AM.

Deleted
    Reading that was disappointing. Some people are truly stupid. Hopefully the band (though I hadn't heard of them till this thread) doesn't have their career wrecked by the actions of one moron.

They are such an awful band. Any genre ending in core is terrible really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me think of Chris Brown fans defending him for beating Rihana.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was about the book.

Considering the amount of people saying dumb shit about how they would love to be with a person after said person physically assaulted said person's girlfriend (I refuse to give him the dignity of being named), these people aren't too surprisng. They're all human garbage, don't get me wrong. The amount of vile spewing out of these shit heads is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    Makes me think of Chris Brown fans defending him for beating Rihana.
    Heh, I'm not the only one then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Reading that was disappointing. Some people are truly stupid. Hopefully the band (though I hadn't heard of them till this thread) doesn't have their career wrecked by the actions of one moron.
    Chances are, they will - there currently standing with him until it's fully aired out.

They probably knew how toxic his relationship was with his ex, what troubles me - is why they didn't try and help him...

Blergh, Shitty guy really, not that it matters what happens now. Attempting to have somebody murdered makes you a lesser person in my eyes overall really.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Ah yes, another militant atheist who thinks they have achieved something by finding religious doing naughty things.

There has been greed, corruption, swearing, and slut-calling for thousands of years. You just found a religious person doing it, and I just have to say so the %uck what. You didn't achieve anything by pointing that out.

It's like claiming you discovered that there is crime in Iraq and using it to make some type of point. It's beyond retarded. The sky is blue we all know this.
    How am I a militant atheist? I just said that religious people are normal people like everyone else. Even if the band wasn't religious, I'd be just as outraged at the comments. I'm outraged at the people supporting murder, not about them being religious or not. Granted, I did mention the religious aspect, but only to point out what I just said about religious people being like everyone else, which is something a lot of people seem to forget.

Er.. unless you're talking about the author of the article, in which case, I have no clue about anything about them.
    Last edited by Biske; 2013-05-14 at 05:25 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, another person who thinks they have achieved something by finding a person doing naughty things.
    Fixed that for you.

Because it's an issue regardless. Duh? Ignoring bad shit just gives the bad shit license to grow. Responsible human beings ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernii View Post
    They are such an awful band. Any genre ending in core is terrible really.
    Not your style doesnt mean awful...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    The point of this thread is what?
    Not all As I Lay Dying fans are like that.
    Also, people are free to say what they want - you feel like restricting that?
    Oh, I have no pretense of restricting them. I just feel perfectly justified in calling them the deplorable pieces of shit that they are. You know, freedom of speech and all that. They can say what they want, I can say what I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    How am I a militant atheist? I just said that religious people are normal people like everyone else. Even if the band wasn't religious, I'd be just as outraged at the comments. I'm outraged at the people supporting murder, not about them being religious or not.
    Referring to the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Because it's an issue regardless. Duh? Ignoring bad shit just gives the bad shit license to grow. Responsible human beings ftw.
    The context is so obvious from the blogger it makes my eyes roll.

Something about "Christian Metal" that has never sat well with my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Not your style doesnt mean awful...
    They are incredibly simplistic as a band and bring nothing to the metal genre besides being a "christian band". They are an introductory level band at most and are on the level of Disturbed and Five Finger Death Punch which are also simple bands with no actual substance.

Referring to the blog.
    Yeah, I realized that a little late. Oops!
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

i'll take militant atheist keyboard warriors over militant religion of your choice any day

Quote Originally Posted by Fernii View Post
    They are incredibly simplistic as a band and bring nothing to the metal genre besides being a "christian band". They are an introductory level band at most and are on the level of Disturbed and Five Finger Death Punch which are also simple bands with no actual substance.
    gateway bands?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    i'll take militant atheist keyboard warriors over militant religion of your choice any day
    As an atheist, can I take neither?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    The issue is that most of those things are caused exactly because of people having these types of twisted mentalities. The ones that end up being criminals are just the ones that actually act on them. Their expressed thoughts on those tweets are pretty much like seeds that have the potential to "bloom" into the chaos that we see day to day in the news.
    So what is your solution?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    As an atheist, can I take neither?
    I mean if someone with a blog offends you I guess. Here's a hint: don't look at someone's blog and whine about them being "militant atheists".