Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post

People having a hard time letting go of that roleplay idea? In this Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game?
    Really? lol
    I'm not talking about neglecting lore and such completely, I'm just saying that I have no idea where people got this idea where pet are there to be your partner and nothing else. People are living in their own fairy tale - nothing wrong with that, but how much gameplay would you sacrifice to make them happy?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be pretty awesome for Marksmanship to finally not use a pet at all as long as we can maintain a particular pet's special ability similar to Warlocks.

Deleted
    Agree, MM hunters should be able not to use pets

I would like to sacrifice readiness, focus and improved steady shot for a X% damage increase. Keep the pet pounding away. Pretty please?

Deleted
    First-off, I've played Hunter as main since Vanilla. I chose Hunter 'cause I frickin' love archery. I managed to go right through to WotLK without ever using a gun, only ever bows & X-bows (& I wasn't fully happy with X-bows).

I've had many faithful pets along the road and I do love 'em but I don't quite understand the reaction to one of our specs being "petless" as such an abhorrent suggestion.

I think that a "petless" spec could make a lot of sense (and MM would be the obvious choice). I particularly love the suggestion to have a non-combatant critter-type creature that stays with you, grants a damage buff to replace the lost pet damage and grants a pet buff.

I have since vanilla wanted a Ranger class. No pet, no mana (I know it's not mana anymore). Just pure melee and ranged physical combat. 1 melee tree, 1 ranged tree and 1 balanced tree with both.

Wont happen though =/

My pet does whatever I tell it to. Whether it's tanking a mob that one shots it or constantly being rezzed to be sent in to said mod that one shots it, again.. and again..

If my pet isn't a slave... I don't know what is.
    Truly sadistic of you!
    But 100% correct...
    Our pets are not partners, they dont do what they want to, they do what we order them to do, period, end of discussion.

They do not think and act as they best see fit, they stand beside us when we order them to be passive, they attack when we tell them to assist etc.
    (well 99%) of the time, because lets be honest, there are times they just run off and aggro a whole dungeon or just stand and dont attack when ordered too... but thats not them exercising free will as a "partner" would, thats called shitty AI

I find it hilarious that people actually are trying to use the "partner" card... cause taming a animal is different to enslaving it how again?

tamed, tam·ing, tames
    1. To make tractable; domesticate.
    2. To subdue or curb.

It may be a softer word but lets not get it twisted... its the same damn thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about my pet anymore as I learned how to properly control it, what I want is simply more damage. MM hunter rotation and damage is basically a dumbed down and weaker version of either BM or SV. What does MM have compared to BM or SV? BM has stronger pets and higher burst. SV has stronger arcane shots and stronger damage in general (and better aoe).

What does MM have? Pathetic and boring "Wild Quiver" procs which are so freakishly boring it's unbelievable.

If blizzard ever gives MM the option to have "heightened" senses without a pet (aka "sacrificing" it), I do hope it would be an option though.

I will always and forever support this idea. It would be amazing to not have to worry about a pet just once. Regardless of how well it's controlled they're still huge burdens. I'd be interested to see just how many hunters would jump at the chance to drop their pet for more controllable DPS (just talking about pet pathing... Nothing makes me rage more than my pet taking a huge lap around Megaera's platform for no reason and losing upwards of 10 seconds of uptime on the boss... really cool stuff.) I'd imagine for any spec other than BM this would result in a DPS gain.

It would work as a cooldown as Blizzard wants us to be a pet class so a permanent effect just won't happen. A sort of "tag team" style cooldown since Blizzard wants us to be a pet class would be interesting though.

*New ability* Lone Wolf/Ravage: Command your pet to leave the fight and enter a heightened state of awareness, gaining xx% critical strike chance for 20 seconds. After the effect ends or activating Ravage, your pet returns and attacks your target, dealing xxx% damage over 6 seconds as a bleed. 3 minute cooldown.

Sort of like a reverse Skystrike used by Quinn and Valor in League of Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Here, kitty kitty... TWISTYANECKFORDPS! Nah, doesn't sound like a hunter.
    rofl

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Holy fucking shit, the thread is almost 2 years old. Fucking read.