Two questions regarding two diff professions (LW) (Herb)

My first question is regarding Herbalism. So Taurens get some sort of "faster picking herbalism thing", is this true? And if so what sort of bonus do they get? Like is it a noticeable difference or just barely?

Regarding LW, I'm currently leveling LW from scratch on my 85 but he already has 500+ skinning. I've farmed all the mats I need all the way up to Thick and I'll be going to rugged soon. I'm probably saving a lot of money considering I'm on a low pop therefore mats are a little inflated, but should I just buy my mats anyway all the way upto whatever level LW I am fit to my level where I'm skinning mobs that I get leather I can use? Or continue to farm? I saw tauros guide and he said he spent somewhere between 17kg-19kg and but made a lot of it back and only lost about 1-1.5kg. I'm not sure this is a good gamble because like I said on a lower pop server mats are in higher demand/price and therefore will increase the cost and most people don't really buy greens from the AH under 80. Not only am I saving cash but making little farming and selling drops so sofar it's not bad but very time consuming.

As for herbalism, taurens get +15 skill points if i am not mistaken and a speed boost when picking herbs. And yes the speed boost is very noticable. Think it takes around half a second to pick up a herb (and is possible when in combat with several mobs between the mobs attacks).

As for LW - i have been on a low pop realm when trying to level professions. If you buy, you MIGHT get back your gold - but seeing as you are on a low pop server that is a big risk to take. I might be a cheap bastard when saying this, but i always farm the mats to level my professions. There are too much crap i waste gold on, so i save where i can.
    But it comes down to time. Do you have time to farm the mats, and really dont mind doing so - then i would farm the mats. But speaking from personal experience, if you are missing a stack or two of something, it might be worth just buying and getting done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysakers View Post
    As for herbalism, taurens get +15 skill points if i am not mistaken and a speed boost when picking herbs. And yes the speed boost is very noticable. Think it takes around half a second to pick up a herb (and is possible when in combat with several mobs between the mobs attacks).

As for LW - i have been on a low pop realm when trying to level professions. If you buy, you MIGHT get back your gold - but seeing as you are on a low pop server that is a big risk to take. I might be a cheap bastard when saying this, but i always farm the mats to level my professions. There are too much crap i waste gold on, so i save where i can.
    But it comes down to time. Do you have time to farm the mats, and really dont mind doing so - then i would farm the mats. But speaking from personal experience, if you are missing a stack or two of something, it might be worth just buying and getting done with it.
    Hmm nice, maybe once I get my LW to max I'll drop skinning for Herb on my Druid then. Herb makes more money too probably right? Or usually?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I mean in a way I'm farming to make money right? Because the money I could be spending, is actually what I'm spending to gether the materials. To get all of the thick leather I needed would've costed over 1kg alone, and I still need almost the same amount in rugged, borean, savage, and knothide. The way I thought of it was well if this lower level stuff was easy to find/gather I could save money I would've spent on that and use it on the higher end leather which would be harder/slower to farm or gather. Most of these lower level ones I can do instances so it's not too bad but I noticed on some of the higher end stuff there aren't that many instances available and will not only require single target mob fighting but higher hp, more time traveling to mobs and/or risk of running into higher level other factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    Hmm nice, maybe once I get my LW to max I'll drop skinning for Herb on my Druid then. Herb makes more money too probably right? Or usually?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I mean in a way I'm farming to make money right? Because the money I could be spending, is actually what I'm spending to gether the materials. To get all of the thick leather I needed would've costed over 1kg alone, and I still need almost the same amount in rugged, borean, savage, and knothide. The way I thought of it was well if this lower level stuff was easy to find/gather I could save money I would've spent on that and use it on the higher end leather which would be harder/slower to farm or gather. Most of these lower level ones I can do instances so it's not too bad but I noticed on some of the higher end stuff there aren't that many instances available and will not only require single target mob fighting but higher hp, more time traveling to mobs and/or risk of running into higher level other factions.
    The nice part about Tauren Druid with herbalism, is the ability to collect herb while in flight form. Just land, collect, and fly up. That combined with the speedboost makes it almost fun to farm herbs xD

If i buy mats, its usually stuff that is proper cheap or REALLY hard to farm. Otherwise i just take to the hills and spend some time farming the stuff. Saves me money on the mats, and gives me a chance of a small profit when selling the crafted stuff as well.

Deleted
    Flight form herbalism FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    My first question is regarding Herbalism. So Taurens get some sort of "faster picking herbalism thing", is this true? And if so what sort of bonus do they get? Like is it a noticeable difference or just barely?

Regarding LW, I'm currently leveling LW from scratch on my 85 but he already has 500+ skinning. I've farmed all the mats I need all the way up to Thick and I'll be going to rugged soon. I'm probably saving a lot of money considering I'm on a low pop therefore mats are a little inflated, but should I just buy my mats anyway all the way upto whatever level LW I am fit to my level where I'm skinning mobs that I get leather I can use? Or continue to farm? I saw tauros guide and he said he spent somewhere between 17kg-19kg and but made a lot of it back and only lost about 1-1.5kg. I'm not sure this is a good gamble because like I said on a lower pop server mats are in higher demand/price and therefore will increase the cost and most people don't really buy greens from the AH under 80. Not only am I saving cash but making little farming and selling drops so sofar it's not bad but very time consuming.
    Tauro's guides are really old. He only updates them when a new expansions launches. But the older ones stay the same. What I am trying to say when he said "he spent 17K-19K and made most of it back" was probably during WTLk or around that time. No one will buy your greens or blues. Your best bet would be to DE them into enchanting mats and sell them and even then you wouldn't get most of it back. LW is probably the biggest gold sink among professions since the cost to level it is too much including the amount of mats required to get a single skill up.

To be quite honest I wouldn't recommend LW. I'd probably go with Herbalism and Alchemy since you plan on levelling Herbalism anyways.